Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I have no complaints about the number of Sonic characters.

Brawl had more Mario characters (Or characters from Mario spinoff series) than any other franchise, equaling to 7 total:

- Mario

- Luigi

- Peach

- Bowser

- Wario

- Donkey Kong

- Diddy Kong

Sonic is Sega's flagship franchise. Of course it gets more representation than other series.

... You forgot Yoshi.

And I agreed with ya. Honestly, the fact that Sonic's franchise is getting more representation in the game is probably the reason why his name is in the title in the first place.

I have no complaints about the number of Sonic characters.

Brawl had more Mario characters (Or characters from Mario spinoff series) than any other franchise, equaling to 7 total:

- Mario

- Luigi

- Peach

- Bowser

- Wario

- Donkey Kong

- Diddy Kong

Sonic is Sega's flagship franchise. Of course it gets more representation than other series.

Donkey Kong has long since been it's own franchise. Wario's default costume is the Warioware one, so he counts as his own franchise. Taking that into account:

- Mario

- Luigi

- Peach

- Bowser

And what does that have to do with this game? Do you think that just because Brawl did it this way, that makes it OK? For each Sonic character they include, that's an entire franchise that loses it's representation in this game.

Edited by Phos

Ya know, this picture really makes me miss Amy's classic design.
Me too... sort of. Part of me thinks it's cute but part of me thinks its kind of goofy. I definitely do miss how her hairstyle used to match Sonic's though.

Seeing way too many Sonic characters. You can include about four till you end up with a selection that nobody isn't going to have issues with.
I guess that's why Sonic's name is in the title this time.

And what does that have to do with this game? Do you think that just because Brawl did it this way, that makes it OK? For each Sonic character they include, that's an entire franchise that looses it's representation in this game.
Who says it has to be? It's not like there's a universal maximum character quota. Edited by Mantyke

Who says it has to be? It's not like there's a universal maximum character quota.

No, but they only have so much time to make the game. Maybe Sumo will pull it off. Also, I was rather irritateb at nothing before: I thought Cream was in the CG trailer. I noticed it was Ai AI though.

Blizzard Peaks from Billy Hatcher, sexy. Though I would have taken NiGHTS' Frozen Bell over it any day... And what the fuck SEGA, why is Big playable? I can understand Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy and Shadow being playable since they're all major characters but why Big in a multi-franchise franchise game? If they wanted to stick an obscure character in there Metal Sonic would have been a much better choice. Urghh, I hope to God Blaze, Silver and whatever other Sonic characters you're all expecting to appear don't show up as playable, 7 is MORE than enough from Sonic, I would have said even 5 was pushing it...

Not to mention Sonic's name is in the title so it makes sense to have Sonic represented the most, it being a Sonic game and all. I'm happy that my favorite character actually got into it, so nothing roster-wise can disappoint me.

inb4 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. :(

And what the fuck SEGA, why is Big playable? I can understand Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy and Shadow being playable since they're all major characters but why Big in a multi-franchise franchise game?

Because somebody up there loves me~

Edited by Jakeevee

can't judge the game yet... because whoever playing REALLY sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhIAJmwuPXQ

at least the graphics look nice.

That gameplay video looks pretty SWEET.

I take is that, because that a level from Billy Hatcher, that he himself will be included in this game right?

Edited by BlackHeroX

i can't judge the game yet... because whoever playing REALLY sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhIAJmwuPXQ

at least the graphics look nice.

Haha, Sonic's car is magically disappearing when he turns into Super Sonic. But it doesn't matter, Super Sonic is awesome.

So, what is Big riding? A motorcycle?

And about Shadow's motorcyle, I don't think it's the one from his game. I think it's the one from Sonic 06. Compare:

motorcycles.png

So... It's a slightly better-looking version of Mario Kart, more or less? Also, Super Sonic is cheaper than a Blue Shell, and that's saying something. In other words, not good.

Edited by Lucario

Also, Super Sonic is cheaper than a Blue Shell, and that's saying something. In other words, not good.

It looked more like a boost to me, a Mario Kart equivalent to the olden mushroom or something. Additionally, I assume that was his ''special move' or something which every character will have.

Looks like Big is riding a bicycle. Also was Super Sonic giving everyone the finger?

It looked more like a boost to me, a Mario Kart equivalent to the olden mushroom or something. Additionally, I assume that was his ''special move' or something which every character will have.

Uh, no. That wasn't a Golden Mushroom equivalent, that was more or less the Bullet Bill on steroids and increased steering. Special move or not (and Double Dash had those too), it's more broken than any Mario Kart item - I mean, he plowed through the entire competition with minimal effort, ended up in first place. And the guy controlling him was playing terribly.

Edited by Lucario

Looks like Big is riding a bicycle. Also was Super Sonic giving everyone the finger?

Wouldn't be the first time.

150px-SonicAnime-middle.jpg

Also why is Sonic dancing on his car and crotch grabbing so much?

For a kart racing tittle, Sonic sure was not inclined to keep his blue buttocks in that seat. Hog was all over the place and pointing at everyone. Car Surfing FTW

I think I'll call it a mo-ped. Hard to get a good look at it though. The Super Sonic finger is also what came to mind when I saw that trailer.

Uh, no. That wasn't a Golden Mushroom equivalent, that was more or less the Bullet Bill on steroids and increased steering. Special move or not (and Double Dash had those too), it's more broken than any Mario Kart item - I mean, he plowed through the entire competition with minimal effort, ended up in first place. And the guy controlling him was playing terribly.

If everyone's special move is equally crush, than it doesn't really matter does it? As long as I don't see a spike in Supers on the back half of the last lap I could care less. Anyone else love how Tails seems to be in perpetual flight instead of on the ground? Awesome.

Special move or not (and Double Dash had those too), it's more broken than any Mario Kart item - I mean, he plowed through the entire competition with minimal effort, ended up in first place. And the guy controlling him was playing terribly.

And yet he was till overtaken and towards the end of the video was behind several other racers (granted the race wasn't over yet). Additionally we have yet too see other 'special moves' or know the sheer frequency of them appearing (for example it could be on special move per race per character). It would be more annoying (ala Mario Kart Wii) if said 'special moves' resulted in someone going from 1st straight back down to 11th just before you cross the finish line. The main reason why I disliked Mario Kart Wii, was that is was a regular occurence for me to be skyed twice and red shelled just before I crossed the finish line(There were other reasons as well). Good for beginners, but not great for experts.

Upon second inspection, Amy's superstar state appears to be her utterly massive piko piko hammer. You can see her speed by weilding it a little past the 2:50 mark. It dosn't appear as dominant as SS, but the end result pushes her up to the pole position.

2 things i disliked.

- The game seems so FUCKIN SLOW is not even funny. I hope is because the player just sucks, because the car runs TOO SLOW.

- WTF with Sonic doing shit everytime? Cant he just drive? Is annoying

I agree that Sonic jumping up and down all the time was a little disconcerting (Ghost ride yo' whip! XD). I mean, I can imagine him being totally ADHD in a car, but still... it was off-putting. Didn't help that the person playing sucked Super Monkey Ball(s). Ah well, it still looks fun, and these are early days yet.

Of course, the biggest nostalgic moment would be seeing Fang come riding in on the Marvelous Queen.
If that were the case I'd buy the game twice!!!!

Though I guess thats not saying much since I did technically buy Unleashed twice, and I hate that game <_<

If Nack/Fang were to appear though this would become my insta fav Sonic/Sonic related game in years, its the perfect chance for it to happen too as Nack is practically screaming to be put in this having all the prerequisites ticked off for a racing game!

Thats pretty cool news about Shadow and Big, at least Shadow doesn't look funny in a vehicle like Sonic does, though I guess we're used to Shadow doing that stuff. Knuckles better show up now! But I am happy for Big, the more Sonic characters the better.

I still don't get why people are so against Sonic characters being in this game. Its SEGA, Sonic is SEGA's mascot, their iconic character, plus the game is called Sonic & SEGA All-stars racing, its only natural to wanna put alot of Sonic in there.

Its a racing game, besides a few tweaks the characters only really differ in character models, so there should hopefully be a large roster of characters, and I'm hoping we see alot more Sonic to come.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Hmm... So it IS his '06 motorcycle? Actually, that's what I was thinking in the first place, and when you think thing's through, the '06 motorcycle is actually Shadow's bike, as opposed to the ShtH one, which was swiped from gun. They look close enough, though, so it doesn't really matter.

O_o Holy crap...

Looking at that gameplay footage, I don't think Big is riding a motorcycle like Shadow... he's riding a LITERAL bike. AKA, the one you actually have to PEDAL. Wow...

For a brief moment earlier I thought I'd seen Blaze in the icons on the map, too, but when it cleared out I couldn't actually see her.

Anyway, game looks quite fun. A lot like Mario Kart.

I'm just wondering. Can you drift in the game like Mario Kart? Based on the footage it doesn't seem you can, though could be the player in the vid doesn't know how or just sucks at it.

You better be able to drift, that's a big part of outrun and S0L said to think outrun mixed with SST.

Edit: just read the youtube comments, S0L posted in them

I see they didn't tell you how to Drift then - if you get chance to play it again, hold down the L2 (keep R2 down too) and you'll find those corners much easier :)
Edited by ShadikatRawr

I look forward to seeing footage of a more competent player for a better idea of the game's potential, but I think I'm liking it so far.

It's pretty much a slowed down version of Outrun with power ups, that's what it is! awesome.

bad news for Sonic fans, GOOD news for SEGA fans!

S0L wrote:What have you got against Billy Hatcher :)

We've got lots more you haven't seen - don't start panicing yet. I think we've got one more Sonic character you haven't seen, the rest of the character roster are from non-Sonic titles :P

---

S0L

---

from a post of his on seganerds, NOT A PRIVATE MESSAGE TSSZNEWS

Edited by ShadikatRawr