Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/video/sonic-sega-a...tml#view:288176

Seaside Hill with Green Hill zone badniks.

The Badniks are a very nice touch, but getting clipped on the jump is kind of cheap. Makes a very nice hazard though. I kind of wish they'd been present in Heroes, because Seaside Hill looks very nice with them. But that's the same Seaside Hill music. Remixes would have been nice. Maybe there's still hope for them to add in some updated musical tracks?

Also why do all these Sega games need announcers? I like to talk to my video games, I don't wanna compete with some announcer.

The second video on that page is Amigo playing through a full race on the Billy Hatcher map. The player doesn't suck and drifts. He comes in first. I was having a lot of fun watching him play. I'm gonna finally say it now, but this game looks GOOD.

Edited by Weedle

Last Sonic character is definitely Knuckles due to all of the death threats Knuckles fanboys sent Sumo (and apparently are still sending them judging by a few posts here) after what happened in Superstar Tennis. They did say they listened to feedback from that game and want to make people happier here (and yet they made Big playable...figure that one out).

I thought it be Silver due to that interview with Pete a while back. Could be wrong though.

Edited by BlackHeroX

The gameplay looks alright, but two major complaints.

1) The game looks slow as fuck. They had better up the speed in the final game or there's gonna be trouble.

2) The drifting looks all over the place. It looks like all they do is swerve back and forth.

Other weird things about it is,

-when someone gets hit, they launch 20 feet into the air. It just looks odd.

-and there appears to be very little variety in items. All I could see were a torpedo(which by the way bears an uncanny resemblance to Jaws from Sonic 1, StH_Jaws.gif) a mine, speed shoes, and a shield.

I know it sounds like I'm severely nitpicking at this game so early, and that it's early to make any judgments, but it could go either way. It could drastically change, or it could stay very similar how it is now.

I have hopes that it will look much better than now, but right now, I'm not very impressed, but at the same time, it looks promising. But seeing Big on that moped was pure win and seeing Samba start dancing with Shadow and some other racers dancing behind him was....probably the best damn thing I've ever seen in my life.

And I'm gonna have loads of fun with the taunt button. Just as long as it isn't out of reach from the other controls. LOVE SEEING SONIC SPAZ OUT IN HIS CAR! :D

Edited by Pidgeot

Man, I think the Knuckles fans are gonna be disappointed about this.

It's looking more and more like he's not in it.

Knuckles is already pissed at Sega:

Why are people saying this looks too slow? It looks like basic kart-racer speed to me. Ya'll have been playing too much Unleashed. :P

But yeah, this could be pretty fun methinks. I'm hoping that there's a map based on an Unleashed level, preferably Apotos or Eggmanland.

Man, I think the Knuckles fans are gonna be disappointed about this.

It's looking more and more like he's not in it.

Knuckles is already pissed at Sega:

With only one more Sonic character to be announced, and with the large following Knuckles has compared to pretty much any other Sonic character not shown, and Sumo's promise that we'd be much more satisfied with the cast of this game, I can't imagine them not including any other character.

Not to mention there's the possibilities of unlockable characters.

Already sounds SO MUCH BETTER.

The speed looks WAY better with a competent players, there will be over 20 items and characters, AND YOU CAN DO TRICKS IN THE AIR MARIO KART WII STYLE. That alone is some awesome stuff.

NOW I have high hopes for this game. Lookin' forward to it!

I'm not too worried about the announcer; I believe there was an option to turn it off in Riders so I'm assuming it may be here to.

Anyway, it looks awesome.

i can't judge the game yet... because whoever playing REALLY sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhIAJmwuPXQ

at least the graphics look nice.

The gameplay seems oddly lifeless there, to me, but that might just be because the player isn't experienced with the game and trade shows always have people playing poorly... But where's the tussle for first place? All the guy's doing is driving round the track, not really interacting very much with anything (until that brilliant Monkey Ball allstar move). It's going to take more than this to convince me it can play as well as it looks. They've got plenty of time to turn it around though.

I'm guessing that he's on the easiest difficulty, in Mario Kart on the 50cc modes I usually find myself just driving around the course without much action.

It's Sumo Digital, they are the racing game gods, stop doubting it.

Oh please, the only good games to ever come out of Sumo Digital thus far have been ports of Outrun games. All they did for the first release was add a bunch of missions and data streaming capabilities (the arcade version kept the entire game in RAM), and online.

Re: footage (Both Gamekyo and Gametrailers)

Looks tame and formulaic.

Oh please, the only good games to ever come out of Sumo Digital thus far have been ports of Outrun games. All they did for the first release was add a bunch of missions and data streaming capabilities (the arcade version kept the entire game in RAM), and online.

I take it you don't understand how ports work. For Sumo to do seamless ports of Outrun, they need to be familiar with the coding of the entire game and be able to fit it to the capabilities and workings of the system. Do you know what happens when someone doesn't port properly? They may not have developed the game itself, but they had to convert it by going just as deep into the game as Sega AM2 did. They may even know it's programing better considering they've reworked it as well as 2SP. Edited by Mantyke

FINALLY

A HOMAGE TO A BEGINNER STAGE THAT ISN'T FREAKING GREEN HILL ZONE

Ironically, Seaside Hill WAS an homage to Green Hill Zone.

So it's an homage to an homage of Green Hill Zone, close enough.

Re: footage (Both Gamekyo and Gametrailers)

Looks tame and formulaic.

whine whine whine

go play your 5 mario rehashes.

whine whine whine

go play your 5 mario rehashes.

As opposed to SEGA regularly releasing genuinely bad Sonic games?

Also, wouldn't this game just be a rehash of a rehash? The only reason Kart games exist is Mario Kart, and this is more or less Mario Kart but with a SEGA skin. It has a bunch of cartoon characters in silly karts competing in races using items, sounds like Mario Kart to me. In it's defense, though, this looks tons better than Mario Kart Wii does.

Edited by Solid SOAP

As opposed to SEGA regularly releasing genuinely bad Sonic games?

Just ignore it, man.

When Shadi makes posts like this, topics turns into a stupid Nintendo vs. Sega debate... again.

Like it's 1991... again.

And then once the topic progresses, Shadi comes back like it never happened... again.

Just to do the same thing... again.

Anyway. From my view the game looks... good. Not Shooting Star Glory good, but good. I love the personality of the characters, the graphics look great, but the gameplay seems a little tamed.

Now maybe, it could be that it's just an easier track and the difficulty is set on low. But I'll need to see this baby in full throttle before I make my choice... and Knuckles better be in it. I know that much.

Edited by SmeargleUnity

VIDEO RECAP!

Sonic Track: (Player AiAi) (With Sega Rep walk through) (BEST VID)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-sonic-sega/50587

Sonic Track: (player Sonic) (With Commentator!)

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/video/sonic-sega-a...tml#view:288176

Billy Hatcher Track: (Player Sonic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhIAJmwuPXQ

Billy Hatcher Track: (Player Amigo)

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/video/sonic-sega-a...tml#view:288170

So I have to say, I'm really excited about this game now... Was a bit worried it wouldn't be very good but I think it looks and sounds awesome! there are not enough kart racers. This looks like Mario Kart with better graphics and dare I say a far better cast of characters Plus, no game breaking blue shell! \0/

Known info:

- Over 20 weapons

- Over 20 Sega characters

- Many Sega tracks and Cameos

- Vehicles/characters work better or worse depending on terrain

- Special 'all-star' move when in last place

- Do tricks on a jump to get a speed boost

- L and R buttons to drift/powerslide

- All tracks have hidden paths/short cuts.

Anyway. From my view the game looks... good. Not Shooting Star glory good, but good. I love the personaility of the characters, the graphic look great, but the gameplay seems a little tamed.

It really shouldn't look any better than "good", I think. It's a mascot kart-racer, it's not ment to be revolutionary or anything, just good clean fun when you have nothing better to do.

It really shouldn't look any better than "good", I think. It's a mascot kart-racer, it's not ment to be revolutionary or anything, just good clean fun when you have nothing better to do.

My bad, dude. I probably shouldn't have said Shooting Star Glory.

Honestly, I meant that it's good as a 'maybe I'll buy it.'

My bad, dude. I probably shouldn't have said Shooting Star Glory.

Honestly, I meant that it's good as a 'maybe I'll buy it.'

Haha bro, I was agreeing with you that it just looks good, and backed up your statement by saying that a kart racer can't really become anything above good. My bad for poor wording. :[

I wonder if it will have a battle mode. I loved them in Mario Kart. Well until the Wii version which has an awful not worth playing mess for a battle mode.

there are not enough kart racers.

As of now, I think there is going to be a significant run at the market. MK Wii showed some weakness and now everyone wants a piece of the genre. Cant blame them though... attack the giant while its defenses are down.

As of now, I think there is going to be a significant run at the market. MK Wii showed some weakness and now everyone wants a piece of the genre. Cant blame them though... attack the giant while its defenses are down.

The only other kart racer that might be good, I know about right now is that track creating one from Sonys press conference but honestly I think that looked pretty damn dull bar the track creating feature.

Sega All-Star Racing has a much nicer look and feel about it, and frankly I'm in it for the Sega appeal as much as anything else.