Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Whatever happened to the "Sega Superstars" thing they had going on? Game looks pretty nonetheless. I hopethe game is as good as it looks.

That's exactly what the entirety of Sonic Unleashed's daytime stage roster consisted of. Racetracks. :)

Put down the Wii/PS2 version and get yourself an Xbox 360. :)

Put down the Wii/PS2 version and get yourself an Xbox 360. :)

Then you'll get horribly-designed, frustrating levels and night-time stages that last thirty minutes and are pathetically easy, plus a medal system that's more or less "what the hell were they thinking?" The Wii version, IMO, is the lesser evil.

The Wii version is the version with horribly designed levels. The 360 version almost has it perfect, just needs to fix a few aspects.

The Wii version is the version with horribly designed levels. The 360 version almost has it perfect, just needs to fix a few aspects.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

It's mostly a preference issue, it seems, considering I find the 360 levels the opposite of what you describe, while I find the Wii levels to be perfectly fine.

Edited by Soma Cruz

I wouldn't call them horribly designed, but they're barren and boring. The 360 version is the way to go though.

I'm amused by how excited I feel about this game, despite its spin-off non-Sonic-exclusive nature. Far more excited than I've felt about a new Sonic game in... well... a loooong time.

Admittedly I know nothing about it yet beyond some pretty pictures and a nifty trailer, but it's enough ^^;

I feel the same way. Even though its not a "Sonic" game it still has me quite excited. SEGA Superstars tennis managed to get the feel of classic Sonic right in 3D, so I have faith in them being able to pull off Sonic in racing.

I guess its more exciting for me than a new Sonic game because this is bound to have lots of classic awesome Sonic in it, rather than a new game with the usual gimmicks and realism.

With 3D games as a frame of reference, I think all they really need for good Sonic-y environments is the diversity and vibrancy of Sonic Heroes and the detail and grandeur of Sonic Unleashed.

I also agree with this, make classic Sonic awesomeness ie: bright whimsical fantasy looking levels, and mix it with the gameplay of Sonic Unleashed, and THAT would be great Sonic.

Sort of, just didn't seem right... and his model was horrible, lazy Nintendo effort, same with his stage, the blocks were LIGHT brown, UGLY, green hill zone wasn't light brown to the point where it looked tan. not to mention the stage was lazily designed too, all blocky and polygony.

Really? I thought Sonic in brawl was the best model of Sonic I've seen so far. He was still modern and "cool" looking, but he kept some of the old small "tubby" classic look in him. Also I thought greenhill zone was awesome and didn't see anything wrong with it, in fact I thought Sonic Team could learn something from Nintendo and put more of that in their games. Edited by The-Master-Board

Ok let us stop the sonic unleashed version comparison hoedown party.

I don't exactly buy it being like Outrun. Outrun isn't suited for circuit racing, especially not with static obstacles on the track and especially not where the vehicles have substantially different top speeds. If the CG trailer was at all representative of what's going to be taking place in game, I got a Motorstorm vibe from it. If I'm wrong, I'm probably not going to like this game.

I agree with Phos. The CG trailer looked really good like PURE/DIRT/Motorstorm sexy. I hope the game keeps the sexy feel instead of taking the MK route and making the character model cheap and lame.

The only way I'm hoping it will be like Mario Kart is the varied, oft surreal environment, presence of items and notably differentiated character attributes. Beyond that, though, I'd rather it be as different as it can. For example, randomized items should not determine the outcome of the race.

Personally, I got a Diddy Kong Racing vibe from it, though maybbe thats just me.
Yeah, that's a game I'd rather it be closer to. Although I don't think hubs would be necessary here. Edited by A Ham Sandwich

Well of course it's not going to play EXACTLY like outrun but it most likely will be similar since... quoting S0L on this "think of outrun and SST mixed together" lol.

Haha, by SST i think he meant how the levels were SEGA themed and stuff.

edit: and the special moves of course =P

Edited by ShadikatRawr

PS3 version to be a Playstation Network release -

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/?g=6150&v=1356

http://www.sega.com/games/?t=EnglishUSA&am...6150&v=1356

SEGA Europe and SEGA of America have updated the games page and where the formats are listed they have now updated the Playstation 3 to Playstation Network. Look's like they plan on releasing it as download only for PS3 rather than on Blu-Ray disc.

Yeup, it's listed as a PC download too on the American site, where as the Europe site says nothing and the trailer has PC-DVD How bizzare, having the game as download only. I'll be getting it for Wii/360 because I like to actually own my games.

Edited by Blue Blood

This makes me wonder, with the unveiling of PSP GO being able to play only Playstation Networks Playstation Store downloadable games... is their now a PSP version on the way to help support PSP GO? SEGA have always supported PSP so this sudden change in listing as simply Playstation Network makes me wonder.

Having both of the Sony versions be download only would be a strange twist, and would put a lot of faith into the idea that the new system becomes profitable in the first place - which we really don't know it will be just yet. I suppose there's still a while before this is released, so minds may be changed before long - but either way I'll probably be getting the DS or 360 version anyway.

The PSP version would have to really be downsized though - especially since there's no PS2 version on the horizon; it's a big drop in what you can and can't do. I also don't see kart racing games being all that comfortable to play with the PSP GO's control method, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Tombi

Having both of the Sony versions be download only would be a strange twist, and would put a lot of faith into the idea that the new system becomes profitable in the first place - which we really don't know it will be just yet. I suppose there's still a while before this is released, so minds may be changed before long - but either way I'll probably be getting the DS or 360 version anyway.

The PSP version would have to really be downsized though - especially since there's no PS2 version on the horizon; it's a big drop in what you can and can't do. I also don't see kart racing games being all that comfortable to play with the PSP GO's control method, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I reckon if a PSP version was made they'd port the Wii version over and change the controls.

People are saying they see Super Sonic in the screenshots, but I don't see him. Can someone show it to me?

Super Sonic was confirmed as Sonic's "special move" in the PR, but there were no screen shots of him as far as I know.

Edit: Missed the whole PS3 version is download only thing. If this is true I refuse to pay full price for the PS3 version. I like to be able to hold something when I'm paying 50+ dollars for it, I like checking out the boxart, I like flipping through the manual while I'm taking a shi......okay sorry too much info. Anyway if the PS3 version is normal priced and download only hello Wii version (assuming the game is not shit).

Edited by speedfreak

Does that stealth-confirm that the Wii version's baseline? Because the core graphics may take up only a small amount of space with HD tech added in, as opposed to a ground-up title? I don't know.

Who wants to bet the 360 version will also be download only?

So what's this about not "owning" your PSN games and such?

Super Sonic was confirmed as Sonic's "special move" in the PR, but there were no screen shots of him as far as I know.

Edit: Missed the whole PS3 version is download only thing. If this is true I refuse to pay full price for the PS3 version. I like to be able to hold something when I'm paying 50+ dollars for it, I like checking out the boxart, I like flipping through the manual while I'm taking a shi......okay sorry too much info. Anyway if the PS3 version is normal priced and download only hello Wii version (assuming the game is not shit).

There's good chance that the game will be much cheaper if it's download only since SEGA will get to bypass the costly process of manufacturing, packaging, and shipping the game. The most expensive PSN game is Warhawk for $30 but it's over a year old now so I imagine S&SASR to be between at most $40-50 at release.

it's not downloadable on 360, at least not yet, otherwise it would say XBOX LIVE ARCADE.