Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

This game will be like outrun, it doesn't need lame gimmicks like SUPER RED BAR!! to be fun.

The sun will rise tomorrow... Shadi hates on a Wii game if it's mentioned... The sun will set tomorrow...

Did you even play Excitebots?

Anyway, I doubt that it'll play exactly like Outrun. We haven't even seen any footage on it and so I wouldn't say it better than other titles yet.

And to be honest, I thought Outrun/ Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast was good and that's it. All those videos shown doesn't change my mind one bit. Yeah, I'm speaking for myself, but just saying it's like Outrun doesn't make it an instant buy. Even if it's the same company.

Edited by YoshiUnity

This game will be like outrun, it doesn't need lame gimmicks like SUPER RED BAR!! to be fun.
Dude... you can make sandwiches while your racing an automated bat. What's not to love?

All i see here is people defending Nintendo for mediocre games, but we will save that discussion for another time :) This topic is about SEGA All-Stars Racing.

Okay. I just to say this real quick like. Since this game will definitely have weapons, there better NOT be a weapon that's the equivalent Mario Kart Blue Bastard Shell.

Yoshi_Blue_shell--article_image.jpg

I may still enjoy the game anyway, but still... That flying piece of BS grinds on my nerves, screwing over a lot of races I should have won.

The randomness of items in that game was ridiculous, there was zero skill needed to play or win, it was all luck which in turn made it the worst racing game in history.

IGN - Masters of the "I'm feeling lucky" Google search since 1996.

Really now, are people seriously saying that the guys saying "another crappy Sonic game" say that because of the NAME of it!? ...

Sega almost didn't put the Sega logo on the Dreamcast because of the way it might've effected sales... so it's happened before...

I'd assume that it would be the same thing, minus the hi-def graphics and achievements/trophies. Also, if the game can be played online, online play would be harder to integrate in the Wii version, if it is at all..

There's also the potential for DLC. Downloadable, maps, cars, characters etc

PSN is free too, it's Miles and leeps better then that crap Nintendo calls online.

Have you even played MK online?

Also, about the 'medicore Wii titles'. Mario Galaxy, Brawl, MK Wii, Zelda. The list goes on!

Sorry to stray off topic but I tired of people saying the Wiis crap!

So I know Sumo Digital is working on the game, but does Sonic Team have any involvement in this? Do they even need to?

Edited by Badnikz

So I know Sumo Digital is working on the game, but does Sonic Team have any involvement in this?

I dont think so, they did nothing for SST.

All i see here is people defending Nintendo for mediocre games, but we will save that discussion for another time :)This topic is about SEGA All-Stars Racing.

Once again, have you played it? A simple yes or no would have suffice instead of more unneeded Nintendo-bias. Yeah, and don't read my entire post. I clearly didn't compare Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing to Outrun, while stating S&SASR gameplay hasn't been shown yet.

Now back on topic.

So I know Sumo Digital is working on the game, but does Sonic Team have any involvement in this? Do they even need to?

Nah, I think it's all Sumo Digital for this go around. There's probably some Sonic Team rep looking over the game along with the Sega reps, but as far and development goes, I'll definitely say it's all Sumo Digital.

I don't really think Sonic Team needs to do anything really. Maybe a little to keep all the characters personality in check.

Edited by YoshiUnity

There's also the potential for DLC. Downloadable, maps, cars, characters etc

On the Wii version? I don't see that happening. To this day, there haven't bee any Wii games that have had any DLC like what you're describing, so I doubt that it's going to happen with this title.

I'm not sure how the Wii's online will be, if it will be there at all. Some games pull it off(Mario Kart, Mario Strikers) and some games just fail miserably(Super Smash Bros.).

Hmmmm, Sonic driving a race car, eh? I hope this doesn't end up sucking like Sonic Drift. I think I might rent this first, and if I like it, I'll be sure to get it for 360 or PS3, not Wii because of how crappy the Wii version of Sega Superstars Tennis was.

Plus, I want to see some Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, and Jet Set Radio characters in this game, and they better not give Beat lame lines like they did in SST. "That's how you dish out the BEAT!" What the hell is that? The Beat I know and love never says lame lines like that!

Hmmmm, Sonic driving a race car, eh? I hope this doesn't end up sucking like Sonic Drift. I think I might rent this first, and if I like it, I'll be sure to get it for 360 or PS3, not Wii because of how crappy the Wii version of Sega Superstars Tennis was.

Plus, I want to see some Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, and Jet Set Radio characters in this game, and they better not give Beat lame lines like they did in SST. "That's how you dish out the BEAT!" What the hell is that? The Beat I know and love never says lame lines like that!

S0L said we will be much happier with the line up, they took feedback from Sega Superstars Tennis (and he was talking to SEGA fans, not Sonic fans)

I died of happy when I saw this ;_;

Sonic posing against that car is THE hottest thing I have seen this year. YES. Marry me, Sonic.

I loved the trailer. Seeing Tails taking up most of the first half flying all around in his little plane/car thing made me grin - it's about time he got a little spotlight, even if just for a trailer. Sonic jumping up to save him from Eggman's bullets was a sweet touch too. I have to admit that I was relieved to not see Shadow yet (although I know he'll almost certainly be there), and very happy to see Sonic and Tails taking up the main page. Would have liked to have seen Knux, but I'm happy.

I really got a Diddy Kong Racing vibe from what I've seen so far, which is awesome because I loved DKR.

Can't say I understand the uproar over Sonic being in a car. Cars are cool. Driving is fun. Sonic is a cool guy who likes to have fun :D Just because he CAN run anywhere he wants doesn't mean that HAS to be his mode of transport at all times.

I really think I'll like this. The only thing that would make it better for me would be an unlockable Tornado (original red kthx) for Tails to fly ♥

*Drowns in a puddle of drool*

I died of happy when I saw this ;_;

Sonic posing against that car is THE hottest thing I have seen this year. YES. Marry me, Sonic.

It's the batmobile! :lol:

I loved the trailer. Seeing Tails taking up most of the first half flying all around in his little plane/car thing made me grin - it's about time he got a little spotlight, even if just for a trailer. Sonic jumping up to save him from Eggman's bullets was a sweet touch too. I have to admit that I was relieved to not see Shadow yet (although I know he'll almost certainly be there), and very happy to see Sonic and Tails taking up the main page. Would have liked to have seen Knux, but I'm happy.

If Knux is playable this time around, I want his car to have GIANT CLAWS that slash other racers.:D

Anyways, the trailer made Sonic, Tails and Eggman all look really cool. Their vehicles fit them perfectly.

I really got a Diddy Kong Racing vibe from what I've seen so far, which is awesome because I loved DKR.

I haven't played DKR yet, but from what I've heard it was a work of art with lots of gameplay variety. I hope that this game plays similarly.^_^

I really think I'll like this. The only thing that would make it better for me would be an unlockable Tornado (original red kthx) for Tails to fly ♥

*Drowns in a puddle of drool*

Someone needs a cold shower. ;)

I just noticed that Sonic's car is like a car version of himself. With the blue body and red with white on the inside rims. I wonder if the car changes yellow during Super Sonic too. :lol:

Oh geez, how long was this here?

I'm not gonna lie, the first thing thought when saw the title of this game was sonic drift. Once I watched the CG teaser trailer I soon changed my opinion to cheap knock off of Mario Kart (but wasn't that what sonic drift was? *shrugs*). If it has online racing and is just as good as Mario Kart I'll get it for the 360, but if it isn't that great, I'll just get for my DS (I need more games on my DS anyway).

Judging from the trailer it seems that the number of Sonic characters is far greater than the number of Sega characters. This is only a teaser trailer though, so nothing is really legit yet...

hopefully.

Just when you thought the flashbacks to Drift couldn't get any worse:

comparison.png

I know it's a bit vague, but still.

I am perplexed at Amy's living car. :blink:

I am perplexed at Amy's living car. :blink:

Reminds me of Benny the Cab from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Oh geez, how long was this here?

I'm not gonna lie, the first thing thought when saw the title of this game was sonic drift. Once I watched the CG teaser trailer I soon changed my opinion to cheap knock off of Mario Kart (but wasn't that what sonic drift was? *shrugs*). If it has online racing and is just as good as Mario Kart I'll get it for the 360, but if it isn't that great, I'll just get for my DS (I need more games on my DS anyway).

Judging from the trailer it seems that the number of Sonic characters is far greater than the number of Sega characters. This is only a teaser trailer though, so nothing is really legit yet...

hopefully.

Wait for gameplay, Outrun > Mario Kart

Maybe a little to keep all the characters personality in check.

Yes this is true. The team members have mentioned this in interviews for SEGA Superstars Tennis. Actually, the Art Director for Space Channel 5 was apparently REALLY strict with animations and designs and stuff.

Ryan: Well SEGA Japan was very involved, and all the original directors from the original games were overseeing the assets to make sure we were doing the right things for the characters. They've been very helpful, supplying us where possible with the original assets from the original games - or if something is not quite right they'd be a little critical about it. Space Channel 5 is a good example of that. We had the original art director on board from that, and she's...

Lycett: ...she's very, very exact.

Ryan: She has an extraordinary attention to detail. So you put characters into the game, and you get a list back saying things like, "Those railings are the wrong height, they need to be 140 centimetres high." But it's good for the project, and the Japanese teams and developers have been really helpful. You ask for things like, "Can we have Sonic and Shadow?" They come back saying, "Yeah, alright,"....

And from UK:R....

STEVE: The problem we had with Space Channel 5 is there's not been a recent game, so we had to take most of it from the Dreamcast and update it. So we had to rebuild it, up the number of polygons, made it all shiny and sent it back to SEGA Japan to review. And one of Space Channel 5's original creators was very exacting about it. She looked at it in incredible detail and sent us a list of things we needed to change.

For example, the Morolians are exactly 140 centimetres tall. Exactly! Everywhere in the game. Other things like the design, the way people move and stand, it all gets reviewed.

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2008/03/sega...month-sumo.html

Also, that UK:R interview says:

STEVE: Well, if we did another one, we were thinking about some personalities... maybe Yu Suzuki, Richard Jacques. It'd be awesome. We'd get into trouble, but it'd be awesome. But why do you want to play with Richard Jacques?

UKR: It'd be fun. He'd probably be an amazingly powerful character.

PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASE let this happen! Playable Richard Jacques would be the most amazing thing ever! And Yu Suzuki could drive a Ferrari! PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!

I hope ONM was indeed confirming that the Wii version would hve Online, rather than just repeating Sega's PR about the game in general having Online (which Sega was obviously addressing at least The PS360 versions).

Sumo's putting a truckload of effort into Virtua Tennis 2009 on the Wii.

It's got all the features, online, and Motion Plus, and IMO it's not a bad looker either.

Hopefully they'll put at least that much effort into the Wii version of Sonic Racing.

Speaking of VT09. A bonus to Canadians, Futureshop's selling a neat racket bundle with the Wii version!

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...4110&catid=

It's $10 more, but if the racket's good, I may bite!

This it he only confirmed bundle outside PAL territories right?

Edit: Wow, Prince (the manufactuer) actually does focus on Tennis equipment, smart choice Sega!

http://www.princetennis.com/

Edited by Hero of Legend

After seeing the trailer I have real high hopes for this game, and I have one request: make the last (or bonus) racetrack a Sega Carnival type track.