Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Petitions do work.....just not very often
Indeed. To my recollection only maybe three major petitions in the history of the internet have actually succeeded, one being the one you just mentioned. Incidentally I've never actually seen a Wispa IRL before, I gotta find one sometime and see what all the fucking fuss was about. XD

Indeed. To my recollection only maybe three major petitions in the history of the internet have actually succeeded, one being the one you just mentioned. Incidentally I've never actually seen a Wispa IRL before, I gotta find one sometime and see what all the fucking fuss was about. XD

You should try one, their amazing. If your out of the UK you can buy them on Ebay.com -

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZwispa...fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

On topic -

Enough about petitioning name changes and on to talk about the game.

Does anyone else find it odd that a PS2 version hasn't been announced when the last two games were on PS2? Seems crazy that they wouldn't want to make some cheap and easy money off the PS2 when so many people have one and its still alive. Does SEGA know something we don't? Is Sony going to announce the discontinuation of the PS2 at E3 and that there will be no more games coming for it by 2010?

All of you whigning about Sonic being in a car need to stop and think for a minute. Seriously, how would it work if Sonic was on foot and nobody else was? He'd still control like a car and would still turn like a car and as a result would feel horribly clunky and then you'd all moan about that instead. Unless you want Sonic to have a completely different gameplay style to everyone else which would just be utterly ludicrous. For God's sake just appreciate the game and stop complaining over such trivial things.

All of you whigning about Sonic being in a car need to stop and think for a minute. Seriously, how would it work if Sonic was on foot and nobody else was? He'd still control like a car and would still turn like a car and as a result would feel horribly clunky and then you'd all moan about that instead. Unless you want Sonic to have a completely different gameplay style to everyone else which would just be utterly ludicrous. For God's sake just appreciate the game and stop complaining over such trivial things.

And dude, did you see that car? If I had that kind of car, I would drive it too! Screw running, that thing is sexy!

Yes! That was extremely well put, Professor J. They made this game and I know for a fact that people like me are going to go buy it and enjoy it. If a game exists, the publisher knows that someone is bound to enjoy it. The fine people at SEGA worked their buns off to make Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. I want to see the complainers try to complain right in front of the people who worked on it.

I hope that wasn't (in part) directed at me. It's not a case of me not liking Sonic in a car, it's a case of me liking him more out of a car.

I really don't see the point in complaining, honestly. It's a silly spin-off game that's not ment to be taken seriously, it's not like the series' future is car racing games, it's a fun little spin-off game ment to make a profit off of Sonic and SEGA fans, nothing more, nothing less. It might even be a little bit of fun too, I know I'll be buying it once it hits bargin bin price, if it's good at least.

I'll be honest, I'm not really interested in this game (or any of the other Sonic related games at the moment). However, I can ay I might purchase it when it reaches bargain bin status, and buy it used (because the extra $2 off can get me some candy :|).

One thing before I go... if SEGA can make racing tracks and shit like that then why the hell is it so hard for them to put it in a Sonic game? Sorry to get off topic, disregard this for another topic.

Edited by silencer226

1UP has already said its bad as Sonic Rivals without even playing it.
I think all they meant was that they thought Rivals was a bad game and they hope this one will be better. I don't think they were directly bashing it.

If it turns out that there isn't an option to play as Sonic on his own, the obvious explanation is that they don't know any

Now why would you expect them to do that in the first place on this title?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

One thing before I go... if SEGA can make racing tracks and shit like that then why the hell is it so hard for them to put it in a Sonic game? Sorry to get off topic, disregard this for another topic.
That's exactly what the entirety of Sonic Unleashed's daytime stage roster consisted of. Racetracks. :)

It's not a case of me not liking Sonic in a car, it's a case of me liking him more out of a car.
Fair enough, but this is clearly a spin off game, so it's really just something to go along with. Now if it was the gimmick for the next big Sonic game, that's another story.

If SEGA don't make Sonic games for the fans, they should start. They need to remember that Sonic was once a "gamers game" and not a moneymaker. Other franchises have their fair share of spinoff crap, but most flagship characters have high quality mainstream titles.

They're big enough, they can make Riders and stuff too!

EDIT: Rush is awesome, but very flawed. Needs more platforming. Rush Adventure was awesome, but it lacked real change from Rush, other than tweaks.

No offense but Sonic fans will eat up any Sonic game that comes out of SEGA, so that "they need make games for the fans" excuse is officially played out.

And Blacklightning, Sonic Unleashed's daytime stages, while a bit of fun are not what I had in mind. I often just wonder if the levels could be built like islands with no set path, turn in Adventure fields into literally what they're supposed to be, though it may be too big of a stretch for SEGA... eX: Level 1 is a gigantic island, there are several missions to do in this area chase down a bad guy, deliver a letter in a certain amount of time etc... and when done you can wander. Alas tis just something I'd like to see.

Edited by silencer226

Those pics are PS3? Looks like MKWii to me still which had pretty graphics.
No offense, really, but I think you need to get your eyes checked. Mario Kart Wii's graphics were hardly better than Double Dash: S&SAS looks a lot better than both, especially when you compare the character models.

mario-kart-wii-20070711052842751_640w.jpg

3572284241_4ac772bae5_o.jpg

Mario Kart looks noticeably muddier and blockier.

Support the Name Change and put this in your sig!

29vi3xz.jpg

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=281448

Not going to happen. Adding Sonic to the name of a SEGA game is like giving it a big pile of money- and then stripping it of some of it's dignity.

EDIT: I like how Sonic's car has two headlights connected as one. It looks just like his eyes...er...eye.

Edited by Venom

Mario Kart looks noticeably muddier and blockier.

True, but the Mario Kart pic is from in-game (replay?), while the SEGA All-Stars Racing pic is from a trailer (which doesn't necessarily have the same graphics as in game).

True, but the Mario Kart pic is from in-game (replay?), while the SEGA All-Stars Racing pic is from a trailer (which doesn't necessarily have the same graphics as in game).

The pic he posted IS in game. The in game pics are up on SEGA's flickr

3573909537_193116ba9c_o.jpg

Uhh...You mean the picture I posted? That's an in-game screen shot .

I didn't think it was that impressive.

I'm not all that worried about the graphics, it's a racing game, and a spin off. It probably doesn't have that high of a budget so they can't spend a whole lot of time on graphics. When you are going fast you won't be paying attention to the small details of the graphics.

Never mind that the character models (such as Sonic's) aren't that high-quality (I've seen better in Wii games!), I highly doubt the Wii version would need to downgrade very much, if at all. It certainly looks Wii-grade.

Never mind that the character models (such as Sonic's) aren't that high-quality (I've seen better in Wii games!), I highly doubt the Wii version would need to downgrade very much, if at all. It certainly looks Wii-grade.

It's at 720p... it wont look nowhere near as good in the Wii version

I'm not all that worried about the graphics, it's a racing game, and a spin off. It probably doesn't have that high of a budget so they can't spend a whole lot of time on graphics. When you are going fast you won't be paying attention to the small details of the graphics.
I still think that for what it is, it looks pretty good. The graphics are colorful and vibrant, the characters and vehicles are all nicely varied and the game just has a very "clean" look to it. Not much to complain about here. I can't comment on much else until we see it in motion though.

Just going off some wild speculation here. I heard one or two people a little disappointed that the Hedgehog Engine wasn't in this game... judging from the screenies so far, I beg to differ, even if it hasn't officially been announced yet. Let's take a look at Solid Soap's sig for reference:

sonicsux.png

That'd be Sonic Unleashed naturally. The ONLY confirmed usage of Hedgehog Engine at the moment. Now, take note especially of the shadowing style here, of which it's most famous for. If you compare it to the previous two images in the thread...

...weeeeellll, it looks awfully similar, doesn't it? The model textures are a bit flatter, but the shadowing style is almost certaintly the same. I think you can consider HE usage pretty much confirmed. I'm not particularly worried about the graphics in a technical sense either yet, seeing as they still have the better part of a whole year to polish them.

Just going off some wild speculation here. I heard one or two people a little disappointed that the Hedgehog Engine wasn't in this game... judging from the screenies so far, I beg to differ, even if it hasn't officially been announced yet. Let's take a look at Solid Soap's sig for reference:

sonicsux.png

That'd be Sonic Unleashed naturally. The ONLY confirmed usage of Hedgehog Engine at the moment. Now, take note especially of the shadowing style here, of which it's most famous for. If you compare it to the previous two images in the thread...

...weeeeellll, it looks awfully similar, doesn't it? The model textures are a bit flatter, but the shadowing style is almost certaintly the same. I think you can consider HE usage pretty much confirmed.

I really think that this is an enormous stretch- a lot of games pull of shadowing effects like this.