Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Someone was whining about Knuckles not being in Superstar as well (in NeoGaf( and one of the people at sumo hinted that people will be more happy with the cast this time around.

Hmm, interesting~ =3 If Knuckles is in it, I will certainly not be dissapointed! Remember though that it's not just because of Knuckles I'm wary of this game. XP

As for who I think should be in the Sonic cast with Sonic, Tails and Eggman..

Knuckles, Amy and Shadow. That's six Sonic characters there!

I have two days off work sick and go back today 2:30pm til 10:30pm and get home to find this happens and now I'm having to play catch-up *SCREAMS* :lol:

Game looks and sounds awesome. I never had a PS2 around the time of the first SEGA Superstars and only got a little play of my younger bro's version but I really enjoyed SEGA Superstars Tennis on the PS3 and still do except for the lack of online players. Outrun from what little I've played is great so with their good work on those two games I have alot of faith that Sumo Digital will pull this off.

I hope they utilise the Wii Wheel for the Wii version and Sixaxis steering for the PS3 version. I may just get one of the HD versions, the Wii version and the DS version as long as the DS version has Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection support too.

Look forward to seeing more on this at E3 and in the 3rd July issue of ONM.

Okay. I just to say this real quick like. Since this game will definitely have weapons, there better NOT be a weapon that's the equivalent Mario Kart Blue Bastard Shell.

Yoshi_Blue_shell--article_image.jpg

I may still enjoy the game anyway, but still... That flying piece of BS grinds on my nerves, screwing over a lot of races I should have won.

Edited by YoshiUnity

Wow, this really looks just like what I expect from a Sonic racing game. It's colourful, cartoony and it doesn't come across as trying to be "edgy". Even with the little information out there, it looks worlds ahead of the Riders series.

I never got Superstars Tennis, but I heard good things about it. I was planning to get it eventually when the price went down, but now I have this to worry about as well. :P This looks a lot more like my "bag" though, so I'll probably prefer it.

BTW, I absolutely adore Outrun 2/2006, so considering that this is another racing game by the same developer; I'm quite optimistic.

Edited by Tombi

And yet, Sega unflinchingly made Sonic slow enough to be outrun by Bowser in Mario & Sonic. By all canonical accounts, it should be impossible for the majority of the cast of Street Fighter IV to even touch Akuma, but Capcom made him balanced none the less. I see no reason why Sega can't do the same

Point taken.

However, that's also the problem with it. You and I both know that Sega can do any damn thing they want with Sonic in the games to balance things out. But that's not the case with other people, as just about ANY game where Sonic is moving foward in a "get to the finish"-esque game they're expecing Sonic to be fast regardless of everyone else.

Taking that ability away, or having another character slower than him beat him in his own skill doesn't see to fit right with a lot of people. And they seem to miss the whole reason behind the balance of it.

You missed the point: Why would Sega put Sonic into a game where he enters a Gran Prix that requires him to be in a car when they could make a game where he enters a Gran Prix that doesn't require him to be in a car.

Because they made it that way. Ask Sega if you want to know why they did so, because I can't give you anything more than that.

3)It's a spin-off That's kind of the point.

Which is why Sonic doesn't necessarily need to be on foot just as much as he doesn't need to be in a car. Catch my drift?

I saw none of that in this thread, it was unwarranted.

Oh, I wasn't talking about this thread actually. It's just something that I know will happen outside the thread. I probably should've made that clear. My fault...^_^

It's a video game, you make it any way you want. It's not like if you call an object "Sonic" the game is going to automatically assign him some kind of massive top speed, or that there's some kind of law that Sonic must have the ability to go that fast in every game he's in

Tell that to the players who expect that stuff regardless of what game he's in. I know to expect some sort of balance with him and other characters when he's racing against them in a contest. Other folks seem to disregard that.

leave that to a different title.

Umm, why did you bold my words?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I kinda wish they applied this particular look to Sonic Riders. Although the futuristic appeal could be maintained somehow, none of the racetracks looked particularly interesting or Sonic-y. More effort was put into Zero Gravity to make the tracks appealing, though. The water city and Eggman's base were ♥.

Those pics are PS3? Looks like MKWii to me still which had pretty graphics.

I watched a YouTube video of some guy bitching and moaning about this game. He doesn't like the fact that Sonic is driving a car. I see why he doesn't like it, it's because Sonic can run by foot. In my opinion, Sonic looks good driving a car.

I think the game's gonna be really frickin' awesome. I love Sonic's car the most. It has tail fins on it! Yes, cars with tail fins rule. :D This may be better than Mario Kart. I'm hoping it's going to be.

Because they made it that way. Ask Sega if you want to know why they did so, because I can't give you anything more than that.

If it turns out that there isn't an option to play as Sonic on his own, the obvious explanation is that they don't know any better.

Umm, why did you bold my words?

I was saying something about it them.

If it turns out that there isn't an option to play as Sonic on his own, the obvious explanation is that they don't know any better.
The even more obvious explaination is that this isn't a Sonic game; it's a game revolving around various Sega franchises. The only reason his name is in the title is because it will let the game sell, just like with Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. The other characters are driving cars so why should Sonic be any different? Just because Sonic can run at 300 miles per hour (according to Unleashed) doesn't mean he has to. I mean, no one complained that Sonic was holding a tennis racket in SST considering he could be running through the surrounding environment instead of being restrained to an 11 x 24 square meter playing field. I'd consider it a small bonus at best if it was even a power up that lets him temporarily run on his feet or spin dash like in Riders.

I think they were just sticking in the first picture they could find. I mean they have Christmas Amy after all.

Those pics are PS3? Looks like MKWii to me still which had pretty graphics.

:rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No duh those were pics of the HD versions, they are in 720p and look good, Wii games don't look good in 720p

Holy freaking crap! I just finished watching the SatBK commentary and I see this this! The game looks really good. When it comes out I'm definitely considering buying it for the 360. Then again I am a sucker for racing games. The trailer was amazing and I just love Sonic's car. I wonder if people are going to try and get their own car customized like that? :lol: I have no problem with Sonic being in a car since this is a racing game where vehicles are involved. I'm going to keep a positive outlook on this game and watch it. Either way something to look forward to.

Edited by Silvereclipse

Oh of all the .... I wasn't expecting anything great, but this?

Well... knowing the trend...they will start working on a second Sonic game along side this one and release it a few months afterward. It ALWAYS happens that way...unless Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics counts that is.

Well I think I'll pass on this one. ( Unless we see a nod to Skies of Arcadia that is )

Eggman Nega confirmed by IGN

Link -

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/143/14353444.html

Not really, just IGN making a character profile image cock-up. Could IGN be more stupid? Eggman's only been around since Sonic 1 and they've forgotten what he basically looks like :rolleyes:

IGN - Masters of the "I'm feeling lucky" Google search since 1996.

Support the Name Change and put this in your sig!

29vi3xz.jpg

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=281448

Really now, are people seriously saying that the guys saying "another crappy Sonic game" say that because of the NAME of it!? It's the gimmick (possibly even character) in general that they don't like - even though Sonic has been starring in spinoffs his whole life, apparently it's something that should be frowned upon now. The Sonic in the name is there for confused parents who don't know what a "sega" is but know that their child likes a certain "Sonic", a bit overkill with the boxart as well? Sure, but the people who buy these games are sometimes just not that educated and need to be beaten over the head a little bit.

Edited by Tombi

Well folks, it looks like we have a new series franchise on our hands: Sonic and X SEGA former stars in Sports Party Game. All I know is that I will enjoy crushing Sonic under my Monster Egg Mobile's big puffy tire in an oh so delicious rendition of the scientific demonstration between the correlation of physical mass and speed physics. Gotta hold that up. After all, Robotnik's a scientist by trade. ;)

How you like that, Hedgehog? HA HA! CRUSH EM' ALL!

You do have to hand it to Sumo Studios for reviving the retro Sonic style in a veneer of beautiful glory. Hopefully, their character animations this time around will be livelier than in SEGA Superstars Tennis.

Support the Name Change and put this in your sig!
Hey guess what?

Petitions don't work.

:P

On the topic of the actual game, there better be some Streets of Rage references or I'ma gonna fuckin' cut someone.

IGN - Masters of the "I'm feeling lucky" Google search since 1996.

Really now, are people seriously saying that the guys saying "another crappy Sonic game" say that because of the NAME of it!? It's the gimmick (possibly even character) in general that they don't like - even though Sonic has been starring in spinoffs his whole life, apparently it's something that should be frowned upon now. The Sonic in the name is there for confused parents who don't know what a "sega" is but know that their child likes a certain "Sonic", a bit overkill with the boxart as well? Sure, but the people who buy these games are sometimes just not that educated and need to be beaten over the head a little bit.

all blogs and professional news sites are bashing the game. 1UP has already said its bad as Sonic Rivals without even playing it.

Hey guess what?

Petitions don't work.

:P

On the topic of the actual game, there better be some Streets of Rage references or I'ma gonna fuckin' cut someone.

Petitions do work.....just not very often

A petition brought this baby back on the shelves :P -

Wispa.jpg

But in all seriousness though, there's nothing wrong with the name and if anyone has any complaints with it just ignore the Sonic part. I really don't see why the name on the box matters as long as you enjoy the game in the box though.

Uh.....I'm pretty sure they have Sonic's name in the title to boost sales. Who really cares?

all blogs and professional news sites are bashing the game. 1UP has already said its bad as Sonic Rivals without even playing it.

Sooo... This surprises you? And how many sites are actually doing this? From the ones you've seen? Not an exaggeration. Cause a simple name change won't do jack.

Edited by YoshiUnity

Waitwaitwaitwait, Sonic Rivals was BAD!?! I remember it getting mostly average to positive reviews. You're reading shit, sir.

Don't worry about it. The game will get bad reception by certain crowds no matter what, whether it's called Sonic & Sega All Stars racing, Sega and Nintendo Power Star Racing, Sonic & Crash Super Power Of Tag Team Racing...it will get bashed; because that's the gaming industry for ya.

If the game sounds like your cup of tea, to hell with what 1Up have to say.

Edited by Tombi