Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

Better yet, when Knuckles' previous voice Dan Green, lost his wife during childbirth some people actually said that he deserved it for not liking the voice he gave Knuckles.

That was truly disgraceful behavior and sent my views of the fanbase plummeting.

Really!? blink.png

Now that is just unbelievable. How utterly disgraceful and vile.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really!? blink.png

Now that is just unbelievable. How utterly disgraceful and vile.

Okay, I'll admit that I never liked the voice he used for Knuckles as well (thought he was awesome with every other character he's voiced over the years), but this is just sick and disturbing. What the hell is wrong with these people?!

Such people do not genuinely believe that, and say it either as a sick-joke or because they think it makes them look cool. Anonymity does that.

• Thumbs Up 7

Better yet, when Knuckles' previous voice Dan Green, lost his wife during childbirth some people actually said that he deserved it for not liking the voice he gave Knuckles.

That was truly disgraceful behavior and sent my views of the fanbase plummeting.

Wow. I liked his Knuckles. Wow.

The way VAs get treated by this fanbase disgusts me. Griffith was never amazing as Sonic, (have they seen what he had to read?!? Riders, X, Shadow and '06's script! How can you read some of that and sound good?!?) but he seems like a nice guy. I hope they can bring themselves to not hate the Sonic fanbase. I wouldn't be able to.

Good God. Well, like Blue Blood said, anonymity does that to people.

Here's a good one:

Light Dash and Bounce set to same button, because insta-death and "Press X to not Die" should always be on the same button. :V Herp.

Edited by HyperMetalWario
  • Thumbs Up 2

Best possible way? The character is damn-near always called Eggman in the games, so i'd say those who prefer the name Robotnik got royally screwed. So what if Robotnik is still technicelly a canon name when it's never actually used...

I guess, but they can only really use his real name when it comes up in the story. It got used in SA2, ShTH, Sonic Riders, and Sonic Generations which isn't that bad going (this obviously excludes the fact that they always mention "Robotnik" in the manuals). If they switched periodically all the time it'd be confusing. I dunno. I love the fact that he has a real name like Robotnik and yet thinks of himself as some kind of superhero in his villiany, claiming himself "Eggman". That's so in his character. Well, not so much in the character a lot of Robotnik fans want him to have ("Robotnik is better because it sounds more evil and threatening" etc etc), but that's not the character Eggman is and they need to grow up about that.

People whining about how Roger is voicing sonic in Wreck it Ralph instead of Ryan or Jason. Just shut the hell up and be glad that Sonic is in the film in general.

Did people serio... oh who am I kidding of course people seriously did that.

When Ryan Drummond posted a video of his baby on YouTube, some Jason Griffith fans were posting comments about how ugly the baby is and how they hope it dies and stuff. This sort of stuff is more common than one would think... >>

My point is that Shadow is overpowered. Don't cry just because I was mean to your favorite character.

See, this is what I mean. Don't try to make your posts relevant by trying to make others' irrelevant. I've never seen you come up with an original post. It's pathetic, and being negative all the time makes it even more so. This goes beyond just Shadow. Do what you want and post what you wish, but right now it seems like you are desperate for attention.

• Thumbs Up 2

See, this is what I mean. Don't try to make your posts relevant by trying to make others' irrelevant. I've never seen you come up with an original post. It's pathetic, and being negative all the time makes it even more so. This goes beyond just Shadow. Do what you want and post what you wish, but right now it seems like you are desperate for attention.

Bro, I know internet people can be callous, but that's part of being on the internet. Don't take things personally, trust me, it helps. Besides, this is a forum about Sonic-related pet-peeves, not Diogenes-related ones. Take it to PM if you want to butt heads.

Edited by HyperMetalWario

Does anyone remember the first impressions of "DMC: Devil May Cry"? A great number of people (including myself) thought it would be terrible and destroy the Devil May Cry Series, and it's not hard to see why. The hate went overboard fast. I recall may death threats and various other threats being sent to Ninja Theory. I thought the threats were disgusting, but I thought the game also would be disgusting, just not as much.

Time passed, and after several kick-ass trailers and awesome screenshots, I was hooked. It took over a year for me to get interested, and now I can't fucking wait for it.

My point is that people shouldn't prejudge like that. Wait for the final product and see what it has (or doesn't have) before saying praises or shitbombs about it.

Bro, I know internet people can be callous, but that's part of being on the internet. Don't take things personally, trust me, it helps. Besides, this is a forum about Sonic-related pet-peeves, not Diogenes-related ones. Take it to PM if you want to butt heads.

I'm not on forums much. It's still new to me, so I guess I can get irritated more easily. I'm not here to offend anyone. I'm here to talk about Sonic the Hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 1

My point is that people shouldn't prejudge like that. Wait for the final product and see what it has (or doesn't have) before saying praises or shitbombs about it.

I think people still genuinely dislike the game because they changed what made DMC well, Devil May Cry to them. I'm not a huge fan of the series and even I can tell some things have been changed for the worse.

"Silence! I am Doctor Robotnik, the greatest scientific genius in the world!"

I like to think old Eggy has a split personality; Robotnik is the merciless villain seen in StH1-SA1, while Eggman is the loveable madman seen afterwards. As he's drifted into insanity he's learned to accept and become the Eggman. I love that character.

ANOTHER pet peeve is seeing the crap Kirk Thornton gets for his Shadow voice. He's had one line in a main series game: "YEW GAT DISS SANIK!" as it is often described. I like Thornton as I like all the new cast (except a few pints too many Vector) and I don't know why he's so hated by fans...

• Thumbs Up 1

ANOTHER pet peeve is seeing the crap Kirk Thornton gets for his Shadow voice. He's had one line in a main series game: "YEW GAT DISS SANIK!" as it is often described. I like Thornton as I like all the new cast (except a few pints too many Vector) and I don't know why he's so hated by fans...

IKR?

Just because there was one single line that sounded weird doesn't necessarily mean the voice actor is bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

IKR?

Just because there was one single line that sounded weird doesn't necessarily mean the voice actor is bad.

Except he voiced Shadow in the entirety of Free Riders, where it was still painful. Face it, his Shadow voice sucks.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Silence! I am Doctor Robotnik, the greatest scientific genius in the world!"

I like to think old Eggy has a split personality; Robotnik is the merciless villain seen in StH1-SA1, while Eggman is the loveable madman seen afterwards. As he's drifted into insanity he's learned to accept and become the Eggman. I love that character.

His first name was 'Ivo' in the genesis games I believe. 'Doctor Ivo Robotnik'. In SatAM Robotniks first name was actually Julian. A doctor of many talents and names. I prefer the name Robotnik over Eggman anyday.

Except he voiced Shadow in the entirety of Free Riders, where it was still painful. Face it, his Shadow voice sucks.

Sorry, I haven't watched the Free Riders cutscenes in a long time. And it doesn't help that my computer's audio hardly ever works anymore. >:L

So, yeah, I can't really remember what he sounded like there.

Sounded like a smooth/stoned version of his SA2 voice. It's not so much the tone of his voice that it's the kind of emotion he gives is what I think people have a problem with... I think it's okay, though. I like it better than the original.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just watched Team Dark's Free Riders cutscenes. Thornton's not... that bad. In fact he's good! He's outacted by almost everyone else (except Keith Silverstein) but I really don't know why he's so badly thought of.

Whaaaat? He's way better than Jason "You're going straight to HELL" Griffith's portrayal! Ugh.

I know somebody mentioned Amy's invisibility skills in Sonic 06 a few pages back. Just...what? Did SEGA ever explain why she had this and why it was even neccesary? Does she have magic abilities now?

Well, it WAS Sonic 06...

• Thumbs Up 1

Pet peeve: Aside from the scene where Amy stopped Silver from getting to Sonic, Amy has no relevance to the plot. She doesn't even appear in his story again after she finds out that he was out to kill Sonic.

Pet Peeve: The entirety of Sonic 2006's plot. Every single thing about it was so poorly executed, it's embarrassing that they thought it was even remotely acceptable.