Awoo.

Sonic-related pet peeves?

Aero

SA1? Sure she still had eyes for Sonic, but she wasn't so fangirlish there.
What's she done lately that's more fangirlish than
and running off into Twinkle Park acting like they're on a date?

Tails purpose is/was to be like Sonic, Amy's is to get laid.
Yeah, but they've both fought off giant robots. And like you said, Tails has been in much more of a support role for quite a while, and before that he was clear sidekick material. Really, what has Tails done to prove himself that Amy hasn't?

I suppose the "Tails isn't experienced enough to use the Emeralds card kind of works, but I don't particularly like it, and it leaves a problem when the naive and inexperienced Silver can.
Silver's from a dangerous post apocalyptic future and fairly regularly fights off the giant fire demon that caused it. He's no professional stone-cold hero but he's not some newbie either. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Silver probably accomplished more by the start of '06 than Tails had around the time of S3&K.

Blaze grew to understand the power of the Sol Emeralds and harness them, Silver just magically used the Chaos Emeralds off the bat. He's otherwise not shown himself to be at all special in any way expect, well being 'special'.
Well Blaze is a different case, she couldn't use the Sol Emeralds because they respond to emotions, and she had basically walled herself off, emotionally. I'm not a big fan of how special they tried to make Silver, but he didn't have an obstacle like that in the way of using the emeralds.

What's she done lately that's more fangirlish than

and running off into Twinkle Park acting like they're on a date?

Fighting him on top of a skyscraper threatening him to marry her or she'll knock him off?

Following him all the way to Eggman's warship and chasing all around it?

Following him all the way to Soleanna of all places just to find him?

Being so colorblind that she thinks every other hedgehog is Sonic? Bonus points for actually finding Sonic and then believes it isn't Sonic in Unleashed.

I take it you weren't being too serious with that question? tongue.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Can't say I love turn yellow and kill everything mode either... I miss when it was just Sonic's thing, yanno?

The way the former main cast get treated now really bugs me as well. Does anyone find Knuckles, the former resident badass, being humiliated funny cause I don't. We have Eggman and Team Chaotix (whose underuse is CRIMINAL) for comic relief thanks very much. Also the fact Sonic doesn't say anything to his "friends" in Generations. Tails may be traumatised for life now after his near death experience and Sonic didn't seem to give a shit. Although its funny when he imitates Blaze and wonders whether saving Charmy was a good idea, those made me laugh :D

• Thumbs Up 1

New pet peeve: Insanely long mini-discussions

You wanna know what's even more ridiculous? Forgetting that this is a discussion board. You know, the exact place on the internet for insanely long mini-discussions?

• Thumbs Up 9

Lately, CSS. Lately.

Heroes was from 2003/04, for fuck's sake. As shitty as she was in it, they have (thankfully) moved beyond that extreme characterization. And even '06 is a stretch to call "recent" anymore.

Lately, CSS. Lately.

Heroes was from 2003/04, for fuck's sake. As shitty as she was in it, they have (thankfully) moved beyond that extreme characterization. And even '06 is a stretch to call "recent" anymore.

Well what about Unleashed? Kinda hard to use Generations when hardly anyone did anything significant themselves.

Well what about Unleashed? Kinda hard to use Generations when hardly anyone did anything significant themselves.

She abruptly appeared, glomped Sonic the Werehog under the confusion that he was regular Sonic, left under the assumption that he was someone entirely different (much to his chagrin), got saved by him a couple minutes later, then... promptly disappeared from the plot until the final battle.

Gosh, now that I think about it, the way she was handled there was kinda meh. What a pity...

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 1

And then she threatens you when she thinks you flirted with women in Empire City.

In Unleashed we see a side of Sonic that likes Amy back, in a completely different way mind you, and they even arrange to go on a date together, which Sonic misses because of Black Knight. Now we'll never see this side of Sonic again, because character development and interaction beyond Sonic, Tails and Eggman goes against Colours and Generations' code... That's a pet peeve of mine in itself...

That's not relevance? What great relevance did he have before that he's lost?

Well in Sa2 he was more or less calling the shots in regards to beating Eggman ,and on the front lines along with Sonic.

Was there ever a time where this wasn't true?

Well she at least had some development to compensate.

Well in Sa2 he was more or less calling the shots in regards to beating Eggman
Which is exactly what he's been doing in the last few games. And yeah, he's not on the front line too often, but that's nothing new...

Well she at least had some development to compensate.
Like?

Which is exactly what he's been doing in the last few games. And yeah, he's not on the front line too often, but that's nothing new...

I never said it was, I said it needs to stop.

Like?

Well there was the whole "Try to be independent" thing.

And what's she do that's so bad in Unleashed?

The typical running gag of "SONIC! Oh wait, you're not him." Or does that not count?

i don't think symmetry is necessary for this, its merely just his quills bristling out randomly to cause a tattered look, Fleetway Super has always had this look.

I understand the whole chaotic look, but for the eyebrows it just strikes me as odd. Quills though is okay.

Definitely a pet peeve of mine - that they didn't explore good Super's personality a bit more in STC before so quickly killing him off.

My pet peeve: When people suggest that firing the current writers will make the stories instantly better.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh goodness I have to agree here. Each writer has his pros and cons, and for all one knows, you could end up with someone WORSE.

On that note: A peeve of mine is that many refuse to read the Archie comics at all because of Penders' trash, even though he's long gone and Ian Flynn is miles better. It seems like, as with the games, some people hate on them just to hate, rather than actually knowing what's in them.

My pet peeve: When people suggest that firing the current writers will make the stories instantly better.
Or alternatively, suggest abolishing narrative altogether. I mean, christ, if you make a game without any context it just makes the whole experience sterile and bland. Even the Genny games had more sense than that, despite having to relegate it to manuals at the time.

Me personally, I'm just tired of people generalizing the Sonic fanbase as one big hivemind-esque blob. Yes, people have asked Sonic to speed up, and yes, people have asked Sonic to slow down after the fact. That doesn't make the fanbase hypocritical, that just makes it diverse - is that really so hard for some people to understand?

• Thumbs Up 9

Can't say I love turn yellow and kill everything mode either... I miss when it was just Sonic's thing, yanno?

Um...it pretty much is just Sonic's thing as of the moment. Shadow achieved his Super form in only 3 games (SA2, ShTH, and 06), Tails and Knuckles's Super/Hyper forms were S3&K exclusive, and Super Silver only appeared in 06.

Edited by Zinos

Um...it pretty much is just Sonic's thing as of the moment. Shadow achieved his Super form in only 3 games (SA2, ShTH, and 06), Tails and Knuckles's Super/Hyper forms were S3&K exclusive, and Super Silver only appeared in 06.

Also, Ix, Mecha Sonic, Blaze and Chaos. These were all one-off but it shows that pretty much anyone can do it and it makes Super Sonic less special.

Also, Ix, Mecha Sonic, Blaze and Chaos. These were all one-off but it shows that pretty much anyone can do it and it makes Super Sonic less special.

Yes, but the point still stands that they have pretty much all been dropped or were a one-time thing, enough to the point that going Super is pretty much exclusive to Sonic (again) nowadays.

Edited by Zinos

Yes, but the point still stands that they have pretty much all been dropped or were a one-time thing, enough to the point that going Super is pretty much exclusive to Sonic (again) nowadays.

It doesn't really stand. The series is pretty much exclusively Sonic these days regardless, so Super forms for other characters are a moot point.

Sonic being a DBZ "ripoff" is a big one for me. I hear it all the time. There's a thing called archtypes, perhaps they should be looked into. As a fan of both series, I can say it's a buzzphrase and nothing more.

Then you have the fact that some STC fans like to shout "ripoff" whenever Archie uses a similar idea. Case in point: Eggman's descent into insanity.

Let's be honest, are you surprised that a man who is smarter than every other living being, with near-unlimited resources at his fingertips, finally breaks down after years and years of being beaten by a furry(who the Overlanders seem to be raised to view as disgusting and inferior anyway) who has nothing apart from a few friends and speed? Have you ever played a level and gotten frustrated when you couldn't beat it for an hour or two?

Now take that and apply it to YEARS. When you have cheats on.

Game Dr Eggman is not a complete sicko who takes entertainment from pointless mass murder.

Regardless of whether mass murder is the intent or just part of the ultimate plan(intent can be important, hence the distinguishing between first-degree murder, second-degree, etc.), I'd say you're pretty evil either way. It can be inferred he was going to commit genocide against the Wisps, and he has also become very fond of making species go extinct, flora or fauna.

Though I suppose you can argue Colors is a case of the games trying to bring back his industrialist roots... tongue.png Though he goes about his darker actions in a more comedic way than his counterparts.

Edited by TaniciusFox