Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Has the PS3 version not got Home Rewards then?

Looks like they actually do. My mistake there.

Shirt at 5 hours and shoes at 10.

It shows up on my console...but "Error". Ugh. I can't use the internet to buy it, because I can't remember my freaking password. Figures.

On the UK marketplace for me, SA2 is appearing when you browse by letter for it, but it's not in the new releases and I also get an error when I click on it. It's unique to SA2, I can access SA1's page just fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the UK marketplace for me, SA2 is appearing when you browse by letter for it, but it's not in the new releases and I also get an error when I click on it. It's unique to SA2, I can access SA1's page just fine.

I get this for SA2 and Nights.

I think I got this for Mega Man 10 as well when it was released...it seems to happen when games haven't properly been added to the console marketplace yet. It's frustrating as all hell, though.

Anyone know why the DLC isnt up yet?

I did a little snooping on the Xbox forums and it turns out the game has not finished rolling out on XBLA yet. Its a glitch apparently. I am sure it should be up later today. I am waiting for the DLC as well myself.

Anyone having trouble can purchase them from the xbox website, I did with both SA2 and Nights and then downloaded them to the system.

Ok, I played it for a little more than 2 hours. This is NOT the definitive version of SA2. Everyhting seems to be only half done.

The graphics aren't better than any version, I actualy found they worse than the GameCube version, with less shadow contrast, making the characters looks... well, less 3D.

There are too much fucking visible pixels, just like the other versions.

Some of the textures also got mixed, see the first Tails x Eggman boss, you can see the sky textures mixing with the battleship.

Only 1 quarter of the game executes cutscenes in 16:9, and I'm not talking about the CGI ones. That cutscene where Eggman throwns Sonic in space? 3:4. The following cutscene where Sonic uses the Chaos Control? 16:9. WHY? WHY?

I got catch by more bugs than I used to be with the Dreamcast version, seriously, those springs in Green Forest got to be better positioned. Also found amazing new bugs in Crazy Gadget... they killed me.

The sound issues seems to be even worse, sometimes I couldn't even hear anything the characters are speaking due the absurdly high volume of the background music.

The game does runs smooth, but that's about it.

The Battle DLC changes the background and adds the Battle intro in 3:4. It also add 6 themes (only the main) and the new 2-players chars (no Big) and the Chao Karate.

I've only finished the Hero and I didn't had much fun how I used to be, and that being said by someone who always enjoyed every gameplay.

Thankfully the game was free, so I'm good.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

I found out that the additional suits are in the multiplayer awhile ago today.

Also, is anyone who has tried it finding the multiplayer really slow in the action stages? (And Tails is really fast in his additional suit compared to Eggman.)

I can only assume some cut-scenes were in 4:3 because awkward things happen just off-camera that couldn't be edited without totally pulling apart the game. Do the cut-scenes in 4:3 involve characters going off-screen to the left or right, or coming into view from the left or right? If so they probably just don't animate as soon as they're out of view of the original 4:3 view, which would look awkward and mood-breaking to see.

To be honest it disappoints me to learn this... I'd have rather they just did all the cut-scenes in 4:3 than some.

WOW.....I mean....WOW...... This port is a piece of shit plain and simple. It makes the Gamecube version seem polished by comparison. The Light Speed Dash in this port is fucking broken, it only works half the time. The homing attack sometimes glitches on me, the camera is still terrible, the physics are inconsistent as hell and lots of other stuff. Sonic Adventure 2 has always been buggy, but this port puts it near Sonic 06 territory.

Those who own the DC version, hell even the GC version just keep playing that one. It's a shame, 3 brilliant SEGA ports in a row and now this SA2 port puts an end to the streak of good luck.

I'd disagree with the glitchy homing attack. I had no problems this time and the double tap glitch is gone. I can actually beat the Egg Golem without sonic homing attacking into the sand.

• Thumbs Up 2

WOW.....I mean....WOW...... This port is a piece of shit plain and simple. It makes the Gamecube version seem polished by comparison. The Light Speed Dash in this port is fucking broken, it only works half the time. The homing attack sometimes glitches on me, the camera is still terrible, the physics are inconsistent as hell and lots of other stuff. Sonic Adventure 2 has always been buggy, but this port puts it near Sonic 06 territory.

Those who own the DC version, hell even the GC version just keep playing that one. It's a shame, 3 brilliant SEGA ports in a row and now this SA2 port puts an end to the streak of good luck.

I really don't see how this port is different to Battle in any way at all in terms of bugginess. The Light Dash was always broken, the HA always sucked, the game has always been slammed for its camera and "the physics are inconsistent"... what does that even mean?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'm sorry, but I will have to disagree completely. I have no problems (new ones that didn't exist in the DC or GCN at least) with any of the problems you mentioned. Plus, I think it controls better on this than previously IMO

Edited by Mr.Snarf
  • Thumbs Up 2

What new problems are there? As far as I know, all it did was fix them.

e.g. the infamous Chao garden out of bounds glitch has been fixed.

Edited by -L-

e.g. the infamous Chao garden out of bounds glitch has been fixed.

... Welp, there goes all of my excitement for the Chao Gardens.

The port has issues? I played the City Escape demo a few times and it felt just like the GC version. Sega should have gone all out with this port; having the multiplayer characters playable in the normal stages, improved controls, improved camera, SA 1 emerald radar w/th mini map, and ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! For 13$ it donset sound like a bad deal but with the recent tittles having improved quliaty you would think Sega would put a bit more effort to fix up the games rough spots...

Anyway.

How do I get the Sonic Adventure 2 PSN theme? I may be mistaken, but I heard it came with the game.

Is it me, or, even with the graphic updates the GC version received, the DC version looked better?

Also, the game didnt age as well as I remember. I knew that would happen when I played SA on the 360, but I though SA2 aged better. Guess I was wrong....

Game is still a lot of fun, dont get me wrong.