Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

The guy from GameZone say that the Sonic/Shadow parts were the most enjoyable, the Tails/Eggman were okay and fun too, but he disliked the Knux/Rouge parts. I kinda agree, the treasure hunting parts were a bit boring and tedious to me back then.

Still, I will be getting it. Just for giving it credit. After all, this game fully introduced me to Sonics world. SA2B was not my first Sonic Game, it was Sonic Advance. Oh boy, I played that game for hours! And through friends I became aware of SA2B for the Gamecube, played it, loved it. Then I checked out the classic games with the Mega Collection, played them, and really enjoyed them. And thats how I became a Sonic Fan. Quite a cool story eh? =P

Aanyways, back to topic..We european xbox owners still have to wait till the 5th October...

Microsoft has updated too..with NO SA2 OR NIGHTS!!! Oh C'mon...why did they said it came out in europe in 3rd if it was going not to?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Microsoft has updated too..with NO SA2 OR NIGHTS!!! Oh C'mon...why did they said it came out in europe in 3rd if it was going not to?!

5th for XBOX LIVE users across the globe

Just started to download Nights on EU PSN. I then looked for SA2, but could only find the Battle mode DLC. Can't find the download for the main game!

Oh well, guess I will playing Nights first.

EDIT: Found the main game download in the 'latest-ps3' section. May the download begin!

Edited by NightwingFox

Just started to download Nights on EU PSN. I then looked for SA2, but could only find the Battle mode DLC. Can't find the download for the main game!

EDIT: Found the main game download in the 'latest-ps3' section. May the download begin!

It's gonna be your first time playing it right?

Replaying Final Rush just made me dislike it more.

Say what you will about Unleashed and Generations' grinding sections, but they're at least properly controllable and have a real rail switching mechanic that works.

• Thumbs Up 5

I know the feel, bro.

I mean, they DID say that the game would be out today on the European XBLA. We'll have to wait two more days...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'm just going to post this here too. To the guys waiting for the 360 version, Today was the old rumor date from long ago back when SA2 was leaked by Major Neilson. Its been changed since then to friday.

So just chill, sit tight, and wait! at least your not like the PC crowd who only has a "TBA" atm.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you found it because of me in The Knuxter!'s status, your welcome. If you found it your self I feel stupid for saying that.

Anywho I'm loading City Escape!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'm just going to post this here too. To the guys waiting for the 360 version, Today was the old rumor date from long ago back when SA2 was leaked by Major Neilson. Its been changed since then to friday.

So just chill, sit tight, and wait! at least your not like the PC crowd who only has a "TBA" atm.

From last week :http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/09/sonic-adventure-2-available-in-europe-october-3rd-pc-version-officially-confirmed/

SEGA Europe has officially dated the upcoming Sonic Adventure 2 HD port for October 3rd on PSN and XBLA in Europe

:/

• Thumbs Up 1

Won't be the first time that reviewers slam Sonic and it won't be the last time so I'll just ignore them in favor of playing my favorite childhood game knowing that it is old and enjoyable warts and all.

I hate to say it, but I would be surprised seeing positive and favorable scores as negative feedback wouldn't surprise me one bit...But nevertheless I'm not going to worry or concern myself with the possible bad reviews this game may get. More times than none scores and reviews in general tend to irritate me as they never seem to be justified for the most part. I'll just hope for the best, that the game does well with both sales and scores...but if not it's okay, as I won't let that ruin my experience playing the game for the first time.

Whichever way Sonic Adventure 2 goes with reception I'm excited because I've never played it, as I never had a Dreamcast nor have I yet to find the Gamecube version at a price I didn't find expensive, being in good condition as well. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the port of Sonic Adventure 2. I enjoyed what I saw from playthroughs from other gamers on Youtube and I just love the soundtrack. If there is one game aside from Sonic Unleashed that I have been itching to play since I've returned to the Sonic series, SA2 would be it.

So October 5th is the day for all Xbox users? Great! More than likely I will be downloading this game on day 1, finally being able to play the game, and I plan on enjoying it, glitches and other issues aside. I can't wait! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Source war!:

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/10/02/available-now-sonic-adventure-2-and-nights-into-dreams/#more-15522

It’s a good day for fans of classic SEGA.

Available now for PlayStation Network — and in just a few days, on October 5th, for Xbox Live Arcade

SEGA said the 5th for XBL users and didn't menction anything about different days for the UK so I think its global XBL release on friday. And since your UK site was merged with our US site that means this blog post applys to you guys as well.

If you found it because of me in The Knuxter!'s status, your welcome. If you found it your self I feel stupid for saying that.

Anywho I'm loading City Escape!

I found the game because you told me where to look. Thanks man.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Any news on the pc release?

It's coming at some point in the next few months. That could mean anything from a couple of weeks to sometime in December.

(Psst I hate to keep on, but anyone checked out my cut-scene music enquiry at all?)

Any news on the pc release?

Its been officially confirmed by SEGA, but we don't know a release date yet.

EDIT: Jez got last posted so I'll just go ahead and post it here:

It's coming at some point in the next few months. That could mean anything from a couple of weeks to sometime in December.

(Psst I hate to keep on, but anyone checked out my cut-scene music enquiry at all?)

Edited by goku262002

Right so my friend has the psn version (I have to wait till friday for xbla) and he's told me the dlc option is still blacked out despite the fact he's got the battle dlc. Maybe there's some more stuff going on that sega has been keeping quiet

Finally touched the PSN version. I hate sonic with a PS controller. It feels so wrong. Aside from that, SA2 looks pretty damn good for a port. Only thing that through me off was how loud some of the effects were. Like I hit this one ramp in City Escape and snatched some rings with my magnet shield and the rings over powered ever other sound in the game. Also looking back on this game and comparing Drummond to Smith (I know). I prefer Smith. He has better grunts. Then again he's had more experience so eh.

Yes, Chao Gardens are from the GameCube.

Thanks.

I would have liked they kept the DC ones but I was sure that would not be the case

whats the difference in the gardens? Does the dark garden not have that little secret cave? Because I love that little cave! One of my favorite "places" in a video game.

• Thumbs Up 1

whats the difference in the gardens? Does the dark garden not have that little secret cave? Because I love that little cave! One of my favorite "places" in a video game.

It doesn't, no. And Hero doesn't have the stream either.

It doesn't, no. And Hero doesn't have the stream either.

ARE YOU FUC**** KIDDING ME?

I can't pay for that! That's the best place of the Sonic world EVAH!

Edited by Jango

*yawn*

Ah well, I'm an STCO fan. I'm a pro at waiting! biggrin.png

Totally not a slur against the STCO guys, who are great.... :B

Edited by MamboCat