Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

One thing I am in love with is the night levels like Radical Highway and Mission Street. The extra saturation makes all the levels look so much brighter and more colourful, but it's these levels that wow me the most.

Is anyone else having problems with characters moving on their own (Xbox)? If I lightly walk then let go of the analogue stick, sometimes the characters still walk in that direction. It makes the Tails and Eggman stages a real pain. I don't know if this is just an issue with the Xbox controller, but no other games seem to have problems like this. The same thing happens if you lightly move the camera with the other analogue stick, there is a chance the camera will just keep spinning all over the place!

Apart from that i'm enjoying this so far!

Edited by Guest

Sonic Adventure 2 is here! finally!!

but the Xbox live marketplace is bugged tonight, making it impossible to buy the game through the dashboard...

I have found a bypass to buy the game/download the demo

to do this:

Sign in with a LIVE account (dosen't have to be GOLD)

click this link: http://marketplace.x...15-d80258411202

Buy the game and go nuts.

Hope this helped for everypony that's having trouble buying it!

P.S. the BATTLE DLC has NOT been released yet.. so I advise playing through the main game before going to BATTLE.

please credit me if i helped :3....

Edited by luigiman202

@luigiman202: SA2 Battle DLC is now up on Xbox Live Marketplace. For proof see the link in post #1.

Edited by 241

Hahahahaha, oh god, I haven't even gotten to the halfway point of the hero story and this game is fucking fantastic.

It's even worse than I remembered it. It's like, so bad it's good. I'd recommend getting this game even if you hate it because it's hysterical. The cutscenes especially.

I'm sorry, but I just had to share my thoughts so far. Nice to see some enjoying it for different reasons.

I haven't laughed so much with a cutscene in years.

But yeah, eh, SA2 HD... Good port for what it is, game is still the same thing as ever. And I haaaaaate SA2 but oh well Metal Harbour is something.

Buy it if you like SA2.

• Thumbs Up 1

SA2's story is one of things where I find it just adorable seeing how hard it's trying to be serious and "real".

At least with SA1 it kept itself grounded, it wasn't trying to impress anyone. But with SA2, man it's just hilarious to see a cartoony hedgehog outrun the military or jump into the president's limo, like am I really supposed to take that shit seriously?

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 8

I'm almost glad they didn't put the effort into fixing this game's problems that went into Sonic CD, because I can happily skip over this and not miss a single damn thing about it.

• Thumbs Up 9

SA2's story is one of things where I find it just adorable seeing how hard it's trying to be serious and "real".

At least with SA1 it kept itself grounded, it wasn't trying to impress anyone. But with SA2, man it's just hilarious to see a cartoony hedgehog outrun the military or jump into the president's limo, like am I really supposed to take that shit seriously?

Maybe it's just too

radical.png

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 5

I find it funny how people are accusing this port of sucking, when the problems have ALWAYS been there.

In Short: This is not Sonic Adventure 2 as you truly imagined it

• Thumbs Up 4

I will say this: I think SA2 brings out the most over-reactions IMO. Whether it be "OMG, BEST GAME EVER!!!!" or "OMG, WORST GAME EVER!!!!" Never seen a game have such an opinion division before SA2. Untill a year or two ago, this was mostly one sided, but it has definitely become more of an even fight.

Just my take from what I've read over the years.

As for me: I really like the game. I always put the game in the top five when asked what my personal favorite Sonic games are. I will not put it there if asked what I thought the best Sonic games are (I would not put it close to 06 or Shadow either though). I think the game controls great on the 360 (I know I said this already, but after playing SA1 on the 360, I was blown away!). I feel I have control over the characters (except when I make tails or eggman make a 180° turn, but it is not that long, just a step or two), heck I think I have better grip with Sonic here than even the modern games, but I realize that they play at completely different speeds.

I still HATE Final Hazard... (I don't know how people say that Biolizard is the hardest. I easily beat it, always have [i love the Biolizard just as much as the Egg Viper even!], but I can never do final hazard without dying 3+ times

Edited by Mr.Snarf

Honestly this port does the game justice and then some...I'm having a blast replaying it, haven't touched SA2 in a few years. The story was always this ridiculous, but I still remember being 11 and showing my friends how "cool" and "dark" it was. Honestly though, the cheese tastes pretty good in this game.

Also, the levels have actually held up fairly well, certainly much better than SA1, though the Treasure Hunting ones still bring the pacing of the game to a fucking stop...but at least Knuckles and Rouge are capable of jumping off the fucking walls in this one...*glares at '06*.

I may be blinded by nostalgia, but I don't really care, this game was fun, and is fun, only now the story is awesome to me for a completely different reason.

It seems stupid that you can hardly hear the voices in some cutscenes, because of the (excellent) music being too loud. I know that Shadow, Eggman and Knuckles have relatively quiet voices in this game, but I don't recall any other Sonic game having this problem with voices. Sometimes it's even hard to hear Sonic's voice. It seems very amateur-ish that this issue with the voices wasn't fixed before the game was first released 11 years ago, or when the game was ported to Gamecube, let alone the new port.

I am enjoying the game though (this is my fist playthrough after all). The story is kind of epic. I mean, Sonic meets the president, gets blast into space to his doom. I love the way he saves himself from certain death.

I know SA2 has it's faults, but it also has some really good levels. I love all Shadow stages. I actually enjoy grinding on rails in this game. Oh, and Sonic's Final Rush level is one of my favourite levels of the entire game.

The soundtrack in this game is so good - suits the levels perfectly and pushs you along so nicely - that I think it's my second favourite soundtrack behind Sonic CD.

It's a good game and a good port.

Edited by NightwingFox

I can't see any problems here that weren't on the dreamcast or gamecube... All seems good, and it looks great in HD! Same with Nights, and it's cool that Nights contains a nostalgia mode for the original graphics too.

Man it hasn't aged well though (I haven't played it since the gamecube), the voice acting is just dire... XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 4

I can't see any problems here that weren't on the dreamcast or gamecube... All seems good, and it looks great in HD! Same with Nights, and it's cool that Nights contains a nostalgia mode for the original graphics too.

Man it hasn't aged well though (I haven't played it since the gamecube), the voice acting is just dire... XD

I find it weird that people are mocking the story NOW as if people really did take it 100% seriously. Stuff like Sonic jumping into the limo was just meant to be fun and kind of out there. You guys are talking as if the kids of 2001 were sitting in their speccy glasses going WHOOOA. INTENSE. A la the Zelda rap whenever a cut-scene finished. 8U

Oh, also I posted this in a status update but it was kinda long so:

It fascinates me how much SEGA don't "get" demos. Like, JUST City Escape in SA2? Not even the cut-scenes and boss fight? Why are you so afraid of people seeing more than 2 minutes of every Sonic game that comes out? o_o LITERALLY in Sonic 4 Ep2's case.

If you consider just how much content the game has when you include everything, post-story mode too, allowing say, City Escape, Big Foot, Wild Canyon and then Iron Gate (complete with following cut-scene for teaserness) would have made a very suitable demo.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, also I posted this in a status update but it was kinda long so:

It fascinates me how much SEGA don't "get" demos. Like, JUST City Escape in SA2? Not even the cut-scenes and boss fight? Why are you so afraid of people seeing more than 2 minutes of every Sonic game that comes out? o_o LITERALLY in Sonic 4 Ep2's case.

If you consider just how much content the game has when you include everything, post-story mode too, allowing say, City Escape, Big Foot, Wild Canyon and then Iron Gate (complete with following cut-scene for teaserness) would have made a very suitable demo.

EU PSN doesn't even have a demo. SEGA never releases demos for Sonic games on PS3 in Europe for some reason :-/