Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Heh, I was dreading Security Hall. Beat it on the first try this time, felt like an epic victory.

I've noticed that I'm getting really random Emerald locations, ones that I've never seen before when I play. Like in Wild Canyon, I had the Emerald shard on the side of the wind shaft at the bottom. So, I had to jump to get it without jumping into the wind. It was cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh you guys, I can't wait until you get to that one Mad Space (Erm.. that Rouge Space level). I memorized every single location.

*cringe*

I don't worry with A ranks, so that may have something to do with this, but I actually enjoy Mad Space. I hate Meteor Herd though... Them meteors

*replays SA2 demo*

I JUST SAW BIG IN CITY ESCAPE!

Yeah, I saw him, too... he got run over by the GUN Truck. Ain't it sweet?!

• Thumbs Up 6

I will say this: I think SA2 brings out the most over-reactions IMO. Whether it be "OMG, BEST GAME EVER!!!!" or "OMG, WORST GAME EVER!!!!" Never seen a game have such an opinion division before SA2. Untill a year or two ago, this was mostly one sided, but it has definitely become more of an even fight.

Just my take from what I've read over the years.

It's evident in a lot of things that if something as polarizing as SA2 has a fanbase that exaggerates everything about how godly it is, the people that don't agree will start to combat them with overexaggerated hate. Athough most just mindlessly bash it in the same way that the fanboys mindlessly praise it and in the end the more moderated people will have the meaningful discusions beyond

SA2 SUX

NO U

FAK U NIGGR

BTCH PLZ STFU FAGT

I guess people finally got tired of the SA2 fanboys not shutting up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who remembers the Adventure games being divisive even when they came out.

Dispite my rant a few posts back, I'm having a blast replaying this. The graphics got notibly touched up with some levels (Green Forest and Mission Street) looking much better than before, the game feeling faster (Are Tails/Eggman this much faster than the GC/DC versions?) and being able to use the camera on the right stick makes the tresure hunting levels much better. Sorry about the rant but I feel that the port could have some really great additional content such as the multiplayer characters playable in single player. I'm just glad the port dosent have nearly as much issues as the SA port on XBLA/PSN.

i don't know about you lot, but i'm seriously starting to feel that SEGA Magic i felt when i first played this back on the Dreamcast, i think SA2 is shifting up into my top 3 Sonic games, i can't get enough of Metal Harbor or Green Forest.... :l

• Thumbs Up 2

When I played it on the Gamecube in 2008, not long after SA1, I just remember bitter disappointment. How much better IS the port anyway? What exactly have they changed? I'm so tempted to get it but I'm trying to save money which is really annoying.

Also Final Rush is the best level. And the Shadow levels are much less fun than Sonic's.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Sonic Adventure 2 is a blast to play. It may not have aged spectacularly like our precious Sonic 3&K, but I still like it...

...more than Sonic Colors even. *runs away laughing hysterically*

• Thumbs Up 8

i couldn't get into Sonic Colours at all, the heavy platforming and wisp gimmicks frustrated me more than gave me enjoyment, so strike up another for someone who prefers SA2 over Colours.

not that i hate Colours, it's a decent game.

:edit: just got the SOAP's for my Avatar, they look way better on an Avatar than the picture of them a few pages back.

just saying...

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 4

It hasn't stood up as well as I thought it would, but that's only because Unleashed, Colours and Generations have surpassed it so far now. It was still an important iteration. When this first came out the speed and excitement was unheard of.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember at the time of the original SA2, one of the game's official sites (I think the US one?) had a brilliantly in-depth guide on how to A-Rank pretty much every single mission.

I don't know if the site's even still active any more, but if it is, does anyone know where it is?

Did anyone else find the English voice for the behind the scenes slightly odd? It sounds really badly recorded, could really do with some music or something as well.

Also, I really don't remember that CG cutscene of Sonic hanging off the Eclipse cannon, funny how you can miss things like that and find them years later. Is pretty sweet I must say!

Urgh... I'd forgotten how ludicrously unbalanced the A-rank requirements are. Easy as pie in one level and unobtainable by a mere almost perfect run in the next. One of the few things that actually did get a lot better in Sonic Heroes.

And the score reset upon death. Sonic Generations had almost made me forget how much rage that caused in me when I first played thsi game.

Just started playing the port on x360. I'm loving all of what I've seen so far, except for one thing. In city escape, in the final rail grinding section where Sonic goes down three curvy rails and a test of skill is to jump from rail to rail without falling off - Sonic very oddly jumps to the side when jumping off a rail.

I'm not sure what the problem is, a glitch perhaps, but just to confirm that it wasn't me, I put in my gamecube version, and was able to execute the rail jumping perfectly, with a 800 point bonus. Tight!

It's a small complaint but a significant one for me, because that rail jumping I feel is one of the defining moments in the city escape level and is my favorite Sonic level in the game.

If I got this game again, I'd have to go through Security Hall again.

Im at that level. Its starting to make me delete this game already. Not only this stage, all Emerald Hunting and Shooter stages are more annoying than in SA1.

Feels bad how I loved this game as a kid, but now Im not having fun... :( this didnt happen to me when I replayed SA on 360.

Urgh... I'd forgotten how ludicrously unbalanced the A-rank requirements are. Easy as pie in one level and unobtainable by a mere almost perfect run in the next. One of the few things that actually did get a lot better in Sonic Heroes.

And the score reset upon death. Sonic Generations had almost made me forget how much rage that caused in me when I first played thsi game.

If you die or get hit early on in some of the longer stages, it doesn't present too much of a problem. But good lord, there's nothing more annoying than getting a cheap hit near the end. I'm just trying to A rank Crazy Gadget right now. Done a near-perfect run so far and had loads of rings. Then near the end of the 'tetris room' I hit a gravity switch and it flung me right into one of the Artificial Chaos' lasers. No chance to avoid it (a common problem in almost every level) and complete bastardisation of my rank.

Anyone here is good with Chao? I've a little trouble with one of mine.

I accidentally gave one of my chao a bat, and he has lost his legs and wings. I want them to grow back, but they don't, no matter how many bone dogs I gave to him. I tried giving dragons ( the animal part I want him to have) and a few regular animals too ( bears and rams, if I remember right). They still not grow back. What can I do?

Also, I want to buy a sky blue egg from black market, but it never appears. I've the emblems required for it, as other egg with the same requirements appear, and even above, but no sky blue egg. In fact, I don't remember seeing it ever in all the SA2's I've ever played ( gamecube version). Is the sky blue egg missing from battle, and so, of this digital release?

@DarkDefeater: The same happened to me, but then I got the bounce upgrade, and everything came back to normal. You can do it right in GC's version because you probably already have bounce attack there.