Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Just going through all the missions this time around makes me wonder how the flying fuck I ever managed to A-rank everything in this game once before. D:

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 6

Anyone here is good with Chao? I've a little trouble with one of mine.

I accidentally gave one of my chao a bat, and he has lost his legs and wings. I want them to grow back, but they don't, no matter how many bone dogs I gave to him. I tried giving dragons ( the animal part I want him to have) and a few regular animals too ( bears and rams, if I remember right). They still not grow back. What can I do?

Also, I want to buy a sky blue egg from black market, but it never appears. I've the emblems required for it, as other egg with the same requirements appear, and even above, but no sky blue egg. In fact, I don't remember seeing it ever in all the SA2's I've ever played ( gamecube version). Is the sky blue egg missing from battle, and so, of this digital release?

Just keep giving is Skeleton Dogs. It takes quite a while, and it's worth you doing the infinite use glitch so you don't have to keep getting more. Pick up the animal, face the Chao and stand about two steps away from it. Then put the animal down. If you did it right, the Chao will absorb the animal but you'll be able to pick it up again so it can still be used. Rinse and repeat. You can do the same with Drives, but it's a little more awkward cause the float and then fly away from the Chao after each use.

The Sky Blue Egg is in the game, it's just a waiting game for when it appears really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just going through all the missions this time around makes me wonder how the flying fuck I ever managed to A-rank everything in this game once before. D:

Yeah, games were actually challenging back then..
  • Thumbs Up 1

Getting all A-ranks before completing "Last Side". I already got all of them in the mission 1, the only ones that gave me a little of trouble were Route 101 and 202. I used to rarely got A-ranks in this game, but I'm nailing it so easily today, I think my skills did get improved XD

Not always for the right reasons though. Stuff like Security Hall is just dickish on your first go. You've got 5 minutes to get all 3 emerald shards, and they never stay in the same places twice. AND you've got to deal with opening and closing safes as well? Also the car levels have some broken missions, TRY NOT TOUCHING THE WALLS. I have never got all the emblems, and that is something I'll probably never do. Those who have are fucking hardcore.

Also the missions thing reminds me how Final Rush even on Hard mode is still not as tough as Crazy Gadget on Normal mode. You crazy bastards.

I do want to get this port more and more though simply because I don't get to play SA2 all that much atm.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, games were actually challenging back then..

No go play Eggmanland and all of the Extra Acts in Unleashed, and then tell me this.

• Thumbs Up 8

So, does the Battle DLC remove the default Big cameos, or do they stay in? :|a

They stay in. I played City Escape over and over again yesterday with the Battle DLC downloaded to grind Chao-raising supplies and he was in the level every time.

No go play Eggmanland and all of the Extra Acts in Unleashed, and then tell me this.

Agreed. Though I do think 100% completing SA2 and SU are very comparable in difficulty (including DLC).

Getting all A-ranks before completing "Last Side". I already got all of them in the mission 1, the only ones that gave me a little of trouble were Route 101 and 202.

Route 280*

...I shouldn't know that off by heart.

Agreed. Though I do think 100% completing SA2 and SU are very comparable in difficulty (including DLC).

Well in terms of completion it's about the same, but I'm pretty sure the extra acts in Unleashed are vastly more difficult.

In any case, I'll probably download both this and Sa1 in December if I have a job by then, I wil marathon them and see if the Nostalgia holds.

I think the fact that SA2 has SO MANY A-Ranks requiring untold perfection on regular levels kind of matches the difficulty of SU having less S-Ranks but requiring untold perfection on already hard-enough-to-even-finish levels.

Edited by JezMM

The challenge in Eggmanland and Modern Sonic games as a whole revolves more around knowing the levels and split second reactions that SA2's emphasis on perfection. They're very different and hard to compare.

• Thumbs Up 5

The challenge in Eggmanland and Modern Sonic games as a whole revolves more around knowing the levels and split second reactions that SA2's emphasis on perfection. They're very different and hard to compare.

Well the types of difficulty is vastly different like you said, but the challenge is still there, Artfenix just seemed to imply that none of the newer games have any challenge, which is true to a certain extent, but hardly an iron clad truth.

Just started playing the port on x360. I'm loving all of what I've seen so far, except for one thing. In city escape, in the final rail grinding section where Sonic goes down three curvy rails and a test of skill is to jump from rail to rail without falling off - Sonic very oddly jumps to the side when jumping off a rail.

I'm not sure what the problem is, a glitch perhaps, but just to confirm that it wasn't me, I put in my gamecube version, and was able to execute the rail jumping perfectly, with a 800 point bonus. Tight!

It's a small complaint but a significant one for me, because that rail jumping I feel is one of the defining moments in the city escape level and is my favorite Sonic level in the game.

Either you were holding your analog stick to the side, or your controller has a bug.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well the types of difficulty is vastly different like you said, but the challenge is still there, Artfenix just seemed to imply that none of the newer games have any challenge, which is true to a certain extent, but hardly an iron clad truth.

I'd still say the newer games are far easier than the SA2, and especially don't require near as much skill.

The cutscene after Sonic's pyramid level does a good job of demonstrating why not all the cutscenes are in 16:9 format. You can see Amy at the edge of the screen, and she's basically frozen in place.

Actually, that's something fun to do when you're seeing a cutscene with tons of characters in a pre-360/PS3 era video game. Spot the static models. The commentary in Jak 3 made a point of it in the ending cutscene.

Sonic Unleashed was 4 years ago. Since then, we have had two entries in the main series. Both were very easy and the latter was even easier than the former.

• Thumbs Up 1

So i was trying the 100 Ring mission in Meteor Herd and got hit by a meteor that i had no way of even seeing it coming.......OK SA2 fans this is the part where you explain to me how is this even close to being fair and being a good design choice. It better be a good one.

Edited by pppp

Just keep giving is Skeleton Dogs. It takes quite a while, and it's worth you doing the infinite use glitch so you don't have to keep getting more. Pick up the animal, face the Chao and stand about two steps away from it. Then put the animal down. If you did it right, the Chao will absorb the animal but you'll be able to pick it up again so it can still be used. Rinse and repeat. You can do the same with Drives, but it's a little more awkward cause the float and then fly away from the Chao after each use.

The Sky Blue Egg is in the game, it's just a waiting game for when it appears really.

Thanks!! Just did it that way! but still no sky blue egg. Oh well, I'll have to wait more

So i was trying the 100 Ring mission in Meteor Herd and got hit by a meteor that i had no way of even seeing it coming.......OK SA2 fans this is the part where you explain to me how is this even close to being fair and being a good design choice. It better be a good one.

Nobody's going to defend that. SA2 is full of cheap shots with enemies firings from off screen, enemies spawning on top of you and enemies hiding directly behind closed door. It's bad design. Oh, and unavoidable projectiles while you're in the middle of a homing attack chain. But there you go. Nobody's calling SA2 perfect or without ill design.

I can't wait till this is released on PC/Steam. I've never played SA2, but I want to and I'll buy it on Steam when it comes out (unless it gets really awful reviews).

I don't really want to grind for rings so i can buy stuff in the black market, so can someone tell me how do i do the item duplication glitch from SA2B in this port since it's been confirmed?