Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

How long until it releases in the EU store?

EU PS Store usually updates between 5pm and 7pm BST. In about 5 and 1/2 hours - 7 and 1/2 hours.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm currently placing in $10 that at least one or more of the reviewers will start off the review like

Is Sonic finally back on top?

"The blue blur has had a troubled past, though he started out strong, his jump into 3D wasn't as successful as other video-game franchises. With many failures after another, things looked bleak for the blue bomber hedgehog. Thankfully Colors and Generations showed us that there is still some good left in him. But with the recent re-release of Sonic Adventure 2 HD, can the hedgehog maintain momentuem? Let's find out."

One of the paragraphs will contain this

"Unfortunatley, we have the unlucky pleasure of playing as Sonic's friends, who are also in the game as well. I used to like Tails, but now I hate him. I also hate Knuckles. Why is everyone here anyway? They are all completely useless and add almost nothing to the story and gameplay. They should've been cutscenes only, but I guess there's only so little you can do for a remake of a game. I like Shadow though."

And this

"The controls are (insert big word to make reviewer look smart here). Whenever I press the jump button, there's a distinctive lag between the TV and the controller input. My dog tested it out and didn't see it, but I am certain there's a 0.2345 second lag. I tried constantly hitting down the spindash button, but it just kept throwing me into walls! What a mess!"

With the last few sentences leaning towards this

"In the end, Sonic may be up for another adventure, but it will be up to you to decide whether you want to cross this road or not. The controls, characters, and gameplay are all too much for me to even enjoy a single moment of this game. It would just be more respectable at this point to bury the blue dude six feet under, and remember the glory days. Such a horrible port of what was once considered the golden era of the franchise. If only they knew 11 years ago, if only they knew....."

"7/10, C+, Metacritic score of who gives a shit."

The sad thing you probably just wrote GameTrailer's review for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Feels great to play this game after so long. Even now as an adult I still love it as much as I did when I was younger. I do wonder what downloadable content could be on its way though.

Feels great to play this game after so long. Even now as an adult I still love it as much as I did when I was younger. I do wonder what downloadable content could be on its way though.

Just the Battle DLC. I seriously doubt they would add anything else.

Yes, Chao Gardens are from the GameCube.

I'm still wondering if the Battle DLC includes the intro movie.

Well, I like SA2. 7/10

Bugs are the same as in the GC ver.

But like HD quality.

BTW, lol, SA2 not added to JAP PSN?

Chilling here, doin' college work waiting for the EU store to update so i can start my playthrough, I played the US store trial and its just like SA2B with the Control feeling of SA2 DreamCast, a little looser how I liked it (Played the DC game more over the GC game) Just wished they added the awesome SA2 intro from the Dreamcast game ^-^ Non the less I still have both versions so its no big deal

Apparently the opening movie isn't in the game either way. That's disappointing.

What gives, SEGA?

Edited by XD375

Apparently the opening movie isn't in the game either way. That's disappointing.

What gives, SEGA?

Uh, well that sucks

Okay, apparently the intro IS in the game if you wait on the title screen.

DC version or GC version? (Intro)

I'm liking it! Since Battle was much less a change from the Dreamcast original, the Dreamcast fan in me is satisfied. HD, widescreen and frame rate are all pluses which give it a big advantage over the old versions (DC and GC).

Way better a port than Sonic Adventure was. For starters, like I said, the changes in DX for Gamecube were very apparent, so when I played it on my 360 as a Dreamcast Collection title, it did not feel like an upgraded Dreamcast game. But rather it felt like a ported GC/PC game with not enough improvements to warrant a double (or triple) dip. 4:3 really sucked. Still wish SEGA would go back and give us a widescreen SA1, because it deserved it.

As is, this version of SA2 is almost my go-to version from here on out. The only reason I'd go back to the Dreamcast is for the superior chao gardens, VMU capabilities and Green Hill (which I have unlocked on my DC, but very much doubt I'll ever be able to unlock on the HD version, given the difficulty and time).

--

Question: can you import chao data from SA1?

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've just tested for myself, and the original Dreamcast intro does appear if you leave the title screen on without the Battle DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does the battle dlc remove big or affect how the game controls or anything?

Edited by Mr.Snarf

Does the battle dlc remove big or affect how the game controls or anything?

It doesn't do anything apart from change the interface & add more features.

I'm not surprised the intro has been moved to after the title screen actually. I hardly see any downloadable games that have proper, pre-title screen intros these days, it's almost as if it's some sort of condition for downloaded games.

And... I'll be honest I always hate when you don't want to watch the intro and you have to wait for it to load just so you can awkwardly enjoy the first half second before it cuts off to the title screen.

Can anyone confirm if the music plays anyway during cut-scenes if you turn music off? (I assume the option is there, seems to be industry standard now for games that aren't on Nintendo consoles, and 360 has to have custom soundtrack support after all).

Edited by JezMM

A new Review is up! Score is 7/10, from GameZone.

http://www.gamezone.com/products/sonic-adventure-2-hd/reviews/sonic-adventure-2-review

"How much you'll enjoy Sonic Adventure 2 depends on whether you really liked it on the Dreamcast. It's the same game, for better or worse, and while there are sections that are really worth playing again, there are also those sections that continue to frustrate after all these years."

Sounds legit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having not played the story mode in quite a while, and playing the game again last night, I gotta say that the pacing is TIGHT and QUICK. I really love it. Having played Sonic Adventure again recently, thanks the to XBLA version, it really is night and day. Replaying SA1, I enjoyed it, but I was really getting tired of the Adventure fields. They are fun once, but that's about it.

SA2s story mode, meanwhile, really keeps things going, and jumping between characters is much preferred to having to watch the end credits six times and constantly jumping back to the menus.

I'd even go so far as to say that SA2 has faster pacing than Generations.

• Thumbs Up 6

C'mon microsoft!! I'm waiting here to you to actualize your store in europe!!! C'MON I SAY NOW!!! C'MOOOOOOOOOOON!!!! ! YARGHH!!!