Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Where's Chooch? I figured he'd be in here bein' all excited that Ulala was finally shown to be in the game. Also, interestingly, she was shown yet again with no fanfare.

Reminds me that I still need to try a Space Channel 5 game...may hit up that Dreamcast Collection for the heck of it.

Sweet. Ulala made it in. The roster getting better so far. I like how they've done on her vehicle. Neon lights on her wheels glows, its certainly fits her well. Danica model design looks marvelous and real. Her six wheel vehicle sounds like a great idea. Now I hope is for Billy Hatcher to return and a Virtua Fighter rep (even if its a new fighter), and I'm all set for the characters. The rest of the remaining spots, I don't really mind.

The roster getting better so far. I like how they've done on her vehicle. Neon lights on her wheels glows, its certainly fits her well. Danica model design looks marvelous and real. I'm impressed with her six wheel vehicle.

Edit: Sorry that I've typed "Sweet. Ulala made it in." and " Now I hope is for Billy Hatcher to return and a Virtua Fighter rep (even if its a new fighter), and I'm all set" by accident. I kind of typed it too fast. Sorry.

Edited by Shego13

Looks like Nack won't be in, but Billy Hatcher might, because a track has been confirmed for him.

"If we had all the time in the world, we'd have 120 characters in the game, from Nack the Weasel to some other obscure character that someone's going on about on forums. We have to accept that although we love making games for the Sega fans, it's a mass market title that has to sell two or three million units," he explained.

"[For peaceful scenery] we wanted forest, so we went with Shinobi. For Billy Hatcher, we picked an ice level. For a lava level, we had Golden Axe."

http://www.digitalsp...d-licences.html

If this will lead to his reveal, i will have some delicious tears to enjoy.

Why does Billy Hatcher always gets the Ice track? Is his game always on snowy places or something?

Oh wait, he had a volcano or something in the last one.

Edited by Tmsp

Speaking of Billy... I wasn't around back in '09 so when was he revealed for ASR? Just wondering, because someone like him woulda been covered by now.

as weak as the track selection is, i'm uplifted by the vehicle designs for the characters in game, i'd normally stick to Sonic as my main like in the first game, but after hearing Gum was around, i switched Sonic to my second choice... but after seeing the actual vehicle designs for some of the characters, Amy's new bug, Ulala's Neon future racer, Joe musashi's stealth rider, i can feel compelled to try the whole roster because Sumo have done an amazing job keeping all the vehicles different and not very samey at all.

however i will flip a bitch if Gum's quad is mere re-paint of Beat's >:c

If Billy gets in over Ryo AND Alex Kidd, there will be blood.

There_Will_Be_Blood_Daniel_Plainview.jpg

Okay, maybe not blood. But there will be lots of angry fans.

• Thumbs Up 4

the track selection (talking about IP's ) isn't the best thing, but it is cool enough:

Sonic x5

Super Monkey Ball

Samba the Amigo x2

Jet Set radio x2

NiGHTS

Golden Axe

Shinobi

Skies of Arcadia

Panzer Dragoon

House of the Dead

Billy Hatcher

Outrun

Afterburner

so it seems that we miss 2 tracks, 1 of them beeing probably e a multiple IP one, and I think it will remain secret 'till the game's out.

the other one I don't really know, but I'm hoping to see something Phantasy Star related or something more obscure

that is the racer thread though, sorry for OT, so, who do u think will be the next revealed character??? :P

that is the racer thread though, sorry for OT, so, who do u think will be the next revealed character??? tongue.png

Don't you mean appear just like nothing new in a trailer/screenshot, leaked or just revealed in name?

Edited by Tmsp

Soo, we have 22 characters confirmed, plus Miis and Avatars which probably makes 24 (can someone confirm that?)

That means 5 characters are left? Not much left to work with, especially when we have a 3rd guest and at least 2 "secondary" characters...

Soo, we have 22 characters confirmed, plus Miis and Avatars which probably makes 24 (can someone confirm that?)

That means 5 characters are left? Not much left to work with, especially when we have a 3rd guest and at least 2 "secondary" characters...

22 have been confirmed including two guests, Miis and Avatars:

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Shadow

Eggman

Metal Sonic

Amigo

Aiai

Beat

Gum

B.D. Joe

NiGHTS

Reala

Vyse

Gilius

Joe

Ulala

Wreck-It Ralph

Danica Patrick

Mii

So we have 7 left, one of which is supposedly another guest and a few will be secondaries from existing IPs

Who are we kidding, it's probably going to be Billy, Rolly Roll, Amiga and Meemee. 2pUtF.gif

Expect the worst. I certainly am.

Could be worse: could be Chick Poacher instead of Rolly Roll.

In a perfect world they would be: Ash from Hell Yeah!, Blaze from Streets of Rage, Alex from Alex Kidd, Ristar from Ristar, Hornet from Daytona, Ryo from Shemnue and Segata Sanshiro.

Edited by Tmsp

Who are we kidding, it's probably going to be Billy, Rolly Roll, Amiga and Meemee. 2pUtF.gif

Expect the worst. I certainly am.

Sheesh

You must be a riot at parties dude.

I would so laugh if the next reveal was Pudding and Pai.

First if we're going to have a secondary representation for SC5 it's gotta be Purge, second if Pai were to make it in then I had no problem.

Yeah.

Or, you know, anyone else.

Yeah.

Or, you know, I don't remember any other character with his charm that hasn't been deconfirmed other than Toe Jam and Earl.

Yeah.

Or, you know, I don't remember any other character with his charm that hasn't been deconfirmed other than Toe Jam and Earl.

Charm? He hasn't got any charm. He's an annoying, self-deprecating clown of a character who speaks in obnoxious internet memes. He has no style and is just made to pander to ten year olds who read reddit and 9gag. He's not timeless and adorable like the other Sega characters. There is NOTHING clever about how this character is written, he's just someone who mugs to the audience and goes "LOL EPIC CHAINSAW JETPACK OF PURE WIN AND AWESOMENESS IS MORE OVER 9000 THAN CHUCK NORRIS AMIRITE".

I pray to God he NEVER gets recognized as a Sega all-star, that would be unbearable.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1

Charm? He hasn't got any charm. He's an annoying, self-deprecating clown of a character who speaks in obnoxious internet memes. He has no style and is just made to pander to ten year olds who read reddit and 9gag. He's not timeless and adorable like the other Sega characters.

I pray to God he NEVER gets recognized as a Sega all-star, that would be unbearable.

I'm talking about design, having a skeleton rabbit in a car made of bones and saws for wheels would be pretty cool.

I couldn't care less about how he talks in a racing game and belive me, if there is someone who hates memes and Reddit here is me, never heard of 9gag though.

He is different and that is what makes him special, at least for me. Timeless? He only got one game recently, a character needs time to make into the history of a companie.

If he made into the game (you should be happy since it will never happen) it would make wonders for his game and Sega, but whatever, I guess 3rd partie characters and somewhat clones make more sense.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1