Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Why do people take Ash's dialogue so fucking seriously? It's not meant to be taken seriously at all. I beat that whole game and I really don't remember all this "I CONSTANTLY SPEAK WITH OUTDATED MEMES" nonsense.

It's just a gross exaggeration. Putting Ash in the game is no worse than everyone's favorite punching bag Silver the Hedgehog. His vehicle of choice doesn't really fit the criteria put forth by Sumo Digital for Transformed tho'.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

say whatever u want, but Ash would be an awesome inclusion. Funny design, a lot different from any other character and mostly a recent one. He could be really hilarious.

Tmsp has a great selection of characters, but I'd replace Blaze with Axel and add Bayonetta

Why do people take Ash's dialogue so fucking seriously? It's not meant to be taken seriously at all.

There's two types of non-serious characters. One type is the one that SAYS funny, the other type IS funny.

Ash is neither. He's not funny. Using memes, AT ALL, in any capacity, is utterly terrible. Every facet of Ash's character designs oozes retarded pandering for the people who find internet memes funny. From the "epic awesomesauce" chainsaw jetpack thing to the fact that he's a cliche image of a cute rabbit turned into a cartoony skeletal cute rabbit. His design is derivative as fuck and created solely to kowtow to meme-loving children, and in the end that's all he's going to be remembered for. He has no potential to be timeless like any of the other Sega characters.

By timeless I mean they're not dated, they can be loved by people of all ages.

It's like great music, they're not restricted by any time, their likeability persists.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's two types of non-serious characters. One type is the one that SAYS funny, the other type IS funny.

Ash is neither. He's not funny. Using memes, AT ALL, in any capacity, is utterly terrible. Every facet of Ash's character designs oozes retarded pandering for the people who find internet memes funny. From the "epic awesomesauce" chainsaw jetpack thing to the fact that he's a cliche image of a cute rabbit turned into a cartoony skeletal cute rabbit. His design is derivative as fuck and created solely to kowtow to meme-loving children, and in the end that's all he's going to be remembered for. He has no potential to be timeless like any of the other Sega characters.

By timeless I mean they're not dated, they can be loved by people of all ages.

It's like great music, they're not restricted by any time, their likeability persists.

Seems pretty subjective if you ask me. I found him pretty entertaining.:/

here it comes the all mighty Josh who gives his statements pretending them to be laws and objective truth.

I find Ash really funny and kind of stupid (in a positive way), and his style would fit perfectly with Transformed. Tastes are tastes, I'm perfectly aware of this, but you sentences are too extreme

• Thumbs Up 1

Design made to appeal meme loving persons?

Oh god now you are just pulling stupid shit out of nowhere to bash the character.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just dont get it, why would Sumo and Sega not use characters like Vectorman and Eco? I get making veicles for them from a technical and design perspective would be a challange but they are iconic Gensis icons and not having them in the sequal over side characters like Gum and Rela is disapointing. But who knows? There are still over seven characters left to be anounced and with icons like Streets of Rage Blaze, Clockwork Knight, Toe Jam and Earl, and the recently created Ash could really add to the games roster.

There is only one "Ash" I want in this game, and that's Asha from Monster World IV.

It will never happen...

Edited by wOrm
  • Thumbs Up 1

same thing as Ryo. I wouldn't accept to hear something like: "we couldn't find a proper design for his vehicle", because that would be a lie. With all the creativity SUMO has (just look at that amazing Gilius vehicle design), there's really no limit in creating something for a really appreciated and requested character like Ryo. the original forklift couldn't work? redesign it to be a little more "futuristic", with the same palette and "No.5" and give Shenmue the spot it deserves to be able to gain more popularity. It is maybe the most waited SEGA franchise, and with the HD collection rumors spreading out it would be really a bad move for SEGA not to include and promote him.

All the talks about "he/she would not fit in the game" are all bullshits, we've got a REAL PERSON in this game, and in a party game EVERYTHING concerning the design is possible and plausible.

His absence would depend on SEGA anyway, and I wouldn't refuse to buy the game, but I'd be really pissed off.

So SUMO, if Ryo is not him, say that SEGA decided not to have him (which would probably be the truth)

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

I just dont get it, why would Sumo and Sega not use characters like Vectorman and Eco?

I still dont see how anyone would like Ecco in here. And I love Ecco games. But Ecco is... just a mere dolphin. He doesnt have any trait that makes him special. Is jut a normal dolphin that just do "dolphins stuff". Making him ride a car would be stupid, and a waste of spot for a character with more personality.

There is only one "Ash" I want in this game, and that's Asha from Monster World IV.

Here, I agree with this.

• Thumbs Up 1

same thing as Ryo. I wouldn't accept to hear something like: "we couldn't find a proper design for his vehicle", because that would be a lie. With all the creativity SUMO has (just look at that amazing Gilius vehicle design), there's really no limit in creating something for a really appreciated and requested character like Ryo. the original forklift couldn't work? redesign it to be a little more "futuristic", with the same palette and "No.5" and give Shenmue the spot it deserves to be able to gain more popularity. It is maybe the most waited SEGA franchise, and with the HD collection rumors spreading out it would be really a bad move for SEGA not to include and promote him.

All the talks about "he/she would not fit in the game" are all bullshits, we've got a REAL PERSON in this game, and in a party game EVERYTHING concerning the design is possible and plausible.

His absence would depend on SEGA anyway, and I wouldn't refuse to buy the game, but I'd be really pissed off.

So SUMO, if Ryo is not him, say that SEGA decided not to have him (which would probably be the truth)

I think Ryo would return, considering how iconic he is and how he was one of the bast racers in the last game. Sega and Sumo know how many Sega fans love the Shenmo series so I would expect him to return. Unlike recent de-comerations of Eco, Vectorman, and Big, Ryo's veicale is easy to make as it could have a more futuristic forcklift with car-like parts.

I think the problem with Ryo is coming up with a transforming vehicle that suits his canonical image. A transforming forklift wouldn't quite cut it because it just doesn't make sense.

What I would do instead of giving him a forklift is give him a transforming arcade cabinet as his vehicle. That fits in with his in-universe image as well as making for an interesting and unique character. This might be the "multiple IPs in one character" thing that has been talked about actually...

This is how I imagined the modes on the transforming arcade cabinet:

Land - Outrun

Air - After Burner

Sea - Hang-On (it becomes similar to a jet-ski)

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the problem with Ryo is coming up with a transforming vehicle that suits his canonical image. A transforming forklift wouldn't quite cut it because it just doesn't make sense.

What I would do instead of giving him a forklift is give him a transforming arcade cabinet as his vehicle. That fits in with his in-universe image as well as making for an interesting and unique character. This might be the "multiple IPs in one character" thing that has been talked about actually...

Land - Outrun

Air - After Burner

Basically the Hang-On Gear from Riders?

im-okay-with-this.png

And this is coming from someone who hates multi-IP characters in stuff like this.

Land - Outrun

Air - After Burner

Wow. Sounds like you made such a marvelous idea for Ryo's transforming vehicle, PsychoJosh.

I leave for a week, and Ulala is revealed. Isn't that funny?

Oh well, I'm still happy that she managed to get in!

I'll put an end to the Ash chatter, he won't be in. It was suggested, but when it comes to SEGA characters, we go for more established ones. Ash isn't quite there yet :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

ok, nice to hear some deconfirmation, I'm a bit sad the rabbit isn't in the game, it could have been fun to race as him, but anyway, DLC is still there :P

too bad that SEGA rely only on old characters...there are some recent characters like Ash, Bayonetta, Jack Cayman and Valkyrica C. characters that might add some freshness... I mean, Shadow is the most recent one and he's from a 2001 game!

I'm not really complaining though, I'm really fine is Ash has been swapped with folks like Ristar, Toejam or Axel Stone

too bad that SEGA rely only on old characters..

Theres really not that much of old characters in the game, but more from the 32/128 bits. (with old I mean 8/16 bits era)

Anyways I understand it, the characters appeared in the new IPs of this generations are quite that popular, and when you do a game about fan-service, you have to rely in the most well known characters and IPs IMO.

Edited by Ferr

Ok, but in a roster of 30 characters it is not over the top having 2 recent characters. Anyway it is just for talk

Well, technically if Billy hatcher will not return and there will be only Dreamcast-Saturn-Megadrive characters left, only AiAi will represent the "modern" era of SEGA, the one out of their own consoles.

Like Blue said, i don't want all the remaining characters to be modern, but considered the potential of the modern era i hope someone will make into the game (even as DLC; i can accept that).

I'll put an end to the Ash chatter, he won't be in. It was suggested, but when it comes to SEGA characters, we go for more established ones. Ash isn't quite there yet tongue.png

---

S0L

---

For Christ S0L, there is Streets of Rage in this game? smile.png Here's a tip, you can always put Ecco as a cameo in a sea section. Or even the fishing man from SEGA Bass Fishing. We're racing SEGA World after all!

Edited by Jango

I'm not sure if this was shown yet, but it looks like Billy Hatcher is confirmed/hinted at:

The entire game will be playable in split-screen co-op, including the Grand Prix mode, and the World Tour, which sees the return of the popular challenges from the last game. Asking you to drift through a certain number of hoops, hit a character with a weapon a certain number of times, or squish enemies whilst rolling on top of a giant egg, the mission mode provided some much needed variety – and this time, it’s playable entirely in co-op.

http://www.everybody...Preview/1144/p2

Edited by The Marvelous Cero

...I heard somewhere that you can do World Tour as any character, so I don't think it would matter much. The track is the big thing that upped his chances.