Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Any multi-character teams have been deconfirmed by this point with the one-character rule in place.

That wouldn't prevent one from racing alone or both from appearing as separate racers, unlikely as it is.

That wouldn't prevent one from racing alone or both from appearing as separate racers, unlikely as it is.

It certainly wouldn't, but given that the usual request is Toejam and Earl, and mostly as a team, I'd assume Sumo Digital would work off that basis for them.

Speaking of multi-character racers, I saw this design someone on DeviantART made of the Chaotix if they were in the original, and I really like how they did it, love the idea of a motorcycle with a side-car.

I wish Sega did something like this as a new racer/character, I think even if they split the Chaotix up into two characters, Espio and Vector, it would still be pretty neat and a good comeback as a semi-playable Chaotix.

SSASR_characters__Chaotix_by_xamoel.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Speaking of multi-character racers, I saw this design someone on DeviantART made of the Chaotix if they were in the original, and I really like how they did it, love the idea of a motorcycle with a side-car.

I wish Sega did something like this as a new racer/character, I think even if they split the Chaotix up into two characters, Espio and Vector, it would still be pretty neat and a good comeback as a semi-playable Chaotix.

Awesomesauce concept.

Still love this idea, though I do prefer the idea of the vehicle having a bit of a team swapping mechanic, with the trio rotating around in a Heroes esque fashion, which each terrain's transformation based on the one driving (Espio on Land, Charmy in the air, Vector at sea)

But sadly nope

Still love this idea, though I do prefer the idea of the vehicle having a bit of a team swapping mechanic, with the trio rotating around in a Heroes esque fashion, which each terrain's transformation based on the one driving (Espio on Land, Charmy in the air, Vector at sea)

But sadly nope

That's a fantastic idea! That would've been really cool to see for not only the Chaotix, but for other people too!

I got it. The next one after Transformed: Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed: Heroes, lol

Yeah I would like to see more in the future, I like this racing series, the first one was great! Can't wait to get a hold of Transformed.

Yeah I would like to see more in the future, I like this racing series, the first one was great! Can't wait to get a hold of Transformed.

Me too. I like to get ASR Transformed. Sonic and All-Stars Racing series making my childhood dream becoming a reality. The first one makes half of it come true. Now the second one will make the other half come true. You see, I've been dreaming of having something like this such as the event that has different Sega characters compete in the great race since I was little.

Aika - fulfills doubling up of characters from an IP beautifully! A great character, and very different looking from Vyse (can't say that about Pudding or Mimi)
b8o83n.jpg

This. I like this.

If there are going to be more characters from already-represented series, Aika really does have a lot of potential, and a unique design. If she made it in, she'd be like, my 2nd main racer.

Since Vyse's vehicle draws inspiration from the Delphinus, I'd like to see her use one based on one of the more traditional looking ships.

skies_of_arcadia_legends.jpg

Alas, I kinda doubt they'd use her. For a series like SoA, one character is probably enough for most people. I can dream, though.

Now that I think about it, as much as I wish for it to be otherwise, a VF rep is not at all likely because the car would need to fit to the size restriction Sumo placed. There's only a few candidates for who the driver will be, and Jacky is canonically a race car driver but he is not the main character, Akira is. The vehicle design would need to suit the character, and all things considered a VF rep would just be too complicated to get right.

I would hope that I'm wrong! But I don't think that's the case.

There is also of course the small matter of available memory...

If we added more characters to each vehicle, we'd have to save some memory.

Which would mean one of the following...

1. Less detail in the vehicles and character models (less polygons, lower resolution textures, simpler shaders)

2. Reduction in the number of vehicles in a race (if you have less vehicles running, you can up the detail on the ones that remain)

3. Simpler transforms - i.e. the vehicles don't transform at all...

Given we wanted 10 vehicles running in AI and online races, and we care about how things look, and we want cool transforming vehicles (you saw the name of the game right?) we had to have some ground rules.

Hence one character per vehicle.

We make these calls for a reason you know :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

If it is strictly one character per vehicle... Well, that rules out Zobio & Zobiko, The ChuChus, The Bonanza Bros and Jacky with Akira returning....

Edited by ArchangelUK

I've always been fine with Jacky and Akira not being in Transformed, if that ends up being the case. I mean, the VF series has more than enough representation outside of the game this year. We had VF5: Final Showdown earlier this year, and the VF cameos in DOA5 soon. I'd prefer to see slots taken by IPs which haven't had new games in a while, or are regulars to the series. I still think Alex and Ulala are in, and we'll probably see two more characters doubled up from pre-existing IPs. Then the final two will probably be really awesome characters who are new to the series. My hopes for Ryo are fading.

Jacky / Akira and Zobio / Zobiko weren't even popular characters to choose at all in my experience online. Same with the ChuChus. I think a lot of it was because they're weren't strong characters tho'. Three of the worst in the game.

I'd much prefer Sarah Bryant by herself, driving a formula one-style car. But that's quite a long shot in any case.

Sarah is kind of a main character, but there are many good reasons why she wouldn't be in the game.

I see a trend of PxZ SEGA characters not being in ASRT myself.

Opa Opa, Space Harrier, Ulala, Akira, Reila/Kurt, Sakura and the Resonance of Fate trio have no presence in ASRT at all (I expect the latter half not being in the game, but the former is worrying).

While Ulala has a chance, I'm still waiting until I see her before I go "oh yes! she's definitely in!"

Also I'd rather see Purge than Pudding or Jaguar, but that's just my personal opinion.

Yeah she has. Im more worried that she will be with the orange suit (i vastly prefer the white one :P)

Also I'd rather see Purge than Pudding or Jaguar, but that's just my personal opinion

Yep. Im not too fond about series with two characters, but if SC5 have 2 characters, Purge should be in, not Pudding (and with a pelvic-thrusting All Star).

Edited by Ferr