Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

my fears came true...it is kinda a waste of a slot imo, I personally don't like the fact of having another rep of an existing franchise. I can stand Reala, beeing a really interesting character, but now it is too much.

If you want mo females go for Bayonetta and Arle, and of course, Ulala. MOre IP's, less kind of clone characters.

Anyway, back to the possibility of having one more character for franchise.

NiGHTS is going to be re-released, as well as Jet Set Redio, so they're trying to push those franchise as much as possible.

SuperMonkey Ball is the most profitable franchise after Sonic, so I expect another character, with Mee Mee or Yan Yan being in the top of the list. After that, I hope we're done. No Pudding or everyone else please

Same here; makes me think that Shadow may be returned because the re-releasing of Sonic Adventure 2...

Gum? sad.png

I like her, but she's not a character I was hoping for..

Edited by MarcelloF

Wow. I really can't complain though seeing as Gum is my favourite JSR character.

I'm very excited to see what they've come up with for vehicle designs for her though, like I said before the JSR cast's personality is in their designs, a few lines of text and a few pieces of graffiti, if she had a similar vehicle to Beat as a result I'd be very disappointed :/

Here's hoping another Monkey Ball rep DOESN'T make it in, 2 primates is enough thankyou!

Nine more characters to go, hope to see some stellar ones! Let's go Sumo!

I know Alex Kidd is likely to be coming back, as well as a Virtua Fighter rep. And Ulala needs to be there too. Don't forget Ristar this time!

Ooh, I just thought of something, what if Golden Axe has two reps this time? I'd love to see Tyris Flare.

I'm excited to see Gum's car. Maybe it's a sweet pimped-out Tokyo street racer like Beat's car in the last game. Really hope it's not another quad.

Same here; makes me think that Shadow may be returned because the re-releasing of Sonic Adventure 2...

Shadow is in the game because he's popular.

Ooh, I just thought of something, what if Golden Axe has two reps this time? I'd love to see Tyris Flare.

The ONM interview pretty much confirmed Gillius is the only character from Golden Axe.

hnnnngh.. think i may just have to put Sonic on the back burner this time around if Gum is getting in, i love Gum... <3

• Thumbs Up 2

But... I though Nintendo Power is going out of print....

Confused...

The last issue isn't until December.

Sonic franchise gets 7 racers, so any other IP getting at least 2 (especially a non-Sonic Team IP) is fine by me. In fact, I'm ecstatic that Gum is in! The game needs more female characters, and Gum is one hell of an awesome character. Best of all, she's not a reskin and is unlike any other character in the game (save for Beat, though even those two are very different).

Hooray for Gum! I'll update the first post.

• Thumbs Up 2

Basically what Barry said. I'd be more upset about MeeMee really, and that wouldn't upset me at all so Gum is definitely good!

• Thumbs Up 1

The last issue isn't until December.

Oh, right, ok. And yet all the Gaming sites are going "Oh boo-hoo! Rest In Piece N.P.!" Somewhat misleading.

Hopefully Gum will be more than just a re-skin of Beat..

Guess the Sega Superstars Tennis Cast is returning.

Is there anyone else from All-Stars Tennis who isn't in this game yet?

Alex Kidd?

And Pudding. But yeah, that's that rest of the cast covered, with a few others on top.

EDIT: lol, and even Ulala herself! I keep forgetting she's not been confirmed.

Edited by Blue Blood

I've got no problem with Gum, but I hope we don't see MeeMee return from Superstars Tennis as well. One Monkey Ball character's enough for me. =P

EDIT: That goes for Pudding, too.

Edited by Lungo

I have a feeling Pudding and MeeMee are not going to be in. Sumo seems to be making very wise decisions in regards to the roster and I just can't see them adding those two. Gum makes sense, because (1) JSR rereleases this year (2) Gum is honestly a cool character and (3) she is a main character when it comes to her IP. Pudding and MeeMee are hardly prominant characters in their games, MeeMee maybe, but she's nothing special in terms of design. Pudding would be better suited as an NPC in a SC5 track.

I'm pretty sure Alex Kidd and Ulala are a lock. I really don't think Virtua Fighter is returning, and I really HOPE Billy Hatcher doesn't. Ryo Hazuki... not too sure. Part of me thinks "he HAS to be in", another part of me thinks "he was a one shot extra special appearance in the first game and won't be returning". Chu Chus, probably not. I'd prefer a Chu Chu Rocket battle arena with them as obstacles. Bonanza Bros., like I said with Ryo, they felt like an extra special one time addition. I think we'll see somebody else from their era as an extra special surprise. Opa Opa, I think, will be flag man.

And even if a charcter from a past game doesn't return, they might be a NPC or a sticker for your license... or be DLC down the road.

But... I though Nintendo Power is going out of print....

'Going out of print' =/= immediately

Only thing that bothers me is that it's the second time they're using 2 characters from 1 IP. Taking in mind they are all characters from HD remakes, I can understand it so i'm fine if there is no third time.

Gum? AWESOME, AWESOME! Oddly, she was my fav char of JSR smile.png

But hey... check it out:

NiGHTS gets 2 chars (the game will be re-released)

Jet Set Radio gets 2 chars (the game will be re-released too)

Sonic Adventure 2 will be re-release too, so...

Could it be?

draft_lens2067988module10487012photo_12162127424036863_biolizard7.jpg

YES FOR BIOLIZARD DRIVING THE ARK!!!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 5

or Rouge? wub.png

yeah yeah i know... no more Sonic characters, a Soniko can dream though right?

or Rouge? wub.png

yeah yeah i know... no more Sonic characters, a Soniko can dream though right?

Not trying to ruin the moment, but we already have 6 Sonic Adventure 2 characters (7 if you count multiplayer mode).

Edited by Tmsp

lol, and even Ulala herself! I keep forgetting she's not been confirmed.

How dare you forget about Ulala?

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 7

I have fear for Ristar. He was a cameo in the first game with a fully 3D model, hinting he will be playable in a sequence, just like NiGHTS, and he wasn't confirmed yet sad.png I mean, there is a legal restriction between cameo-ing a char and actually making him fully playable?

Edited by Jango

I recall reading an interview somewhere with S0L where he said they put Ristar into that Death Egg so you could see the front of him, as from the back he is more or less just a black ball with arms and legs. Seems like a general aesthetic reason not to have him as a racer, though maybe he could be a complete nutter and drive facing backwards most of the time? :P

• Thumbs Up 1

9 slots left huh?

I'd like SOL to confirm if there's another existing IP getting a second playable slot, let's have another round of speculation:

returnings:

Ulala is pretty obvious

Alex Kidd is kind of lock but I can see him beeing replaced with Ristar this time

Ryo Hazuki is a given, beeing the most popular in the last game

A Virtua Fighter rep will surely make it, and I'm hoping for Sarah Bryant, or maybe Jacky&Akira back from the prequel

as for new folks, I'd suggest primarily Ristar, been the most requested, and no doubt pretty iconic.

Toejam & Earl is going to be released, so the duo might be a cool addition

Bayonetta is the ultimate female fanservice inclusion

the obscure slot might be filled with Axel Stone & Blaze Fielding

If Alex Kidd is replaced with Ristar, then I'd save a slot for Asha from Monster World or Arle+Carbuncle from Puyo Puyo

then we will surely have Avatars

I'd save DLC for folks like

Billy Hatcher

Blaze the Cat

Ash from Hell Yeah (after the release of his game)

Alex Kidd (if not in the main roster)