Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Im not sure, I didnt see much people really caring about her in the game, and most probably would rather have Ristar or Vectorman.

I hate this poll. Mighty is first? Seriously?

I was expecting Classic Sonic to be winning, with Espio in second. Fucking Jet has more votes than Espio. *cries*

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually glad that Espio has fewer votes, just like Vector got fewer votes in the last round. It means peeps there want the team too. :P

To be fair, Mighty is a character that hasn't been used in decades. We have seen characters like Espio or Classic Sonic return. Mighty is still owned by SEGA, so what if he gets revived in this game? This could open up future consideration for Mighty to be in the next Sonic game.

Not that I voted for him, but I could see why,

I hate this poll. Mighty is first? Seriously?

I was expecting Classic Sonic to be winning, with Espio in second. Fucking Jet has more votes than Espio. *cries*

Sonic fanboys are truly the most random bunch.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Ulala is going to be absent for the game, seeing how Space Channel 5 was Re-Released some time ago,and since she is one of the most recognizable females of all SEGA franchises.. and there is going to be a Space Channel 5 track so... she must be in.

The one I'm very afraid of losing is Opa Opa...is my main racer, and he is very representative of SEGA. also is easily transformable...but I have a hunch that he's not going to be a racer :(

I don't think Ulala is going to be absent for the game, seeing how Space Channel 5 was Re-Released some time ago,and since she is one of the most recognizable females of all SEGA franchises.. and there is going to be a Space Channel 5 track so... she must be in.

What are you talking about? There is no Space Channel 5 track.

What are you talking about? There is no Space Channel 5 track.

I believe one has been mentioned in an article somewhere not long after the game was announced. But that's all- mentioned. Not shown or officially revealed.

I believe one has been mentioned in an article somewhere not long after the game was announced. But that's all- mentioned. Not shown or officially revealed.

I think this may be another misinterpretation. There hasn't been any word on an SC5 track.

The SC5 track speculation began with GamesRadar's first article on the game:

There will be a total of 16 different tracks, each themed around a different classic Sega game. We know Super Monkey Ball and Panzer Dragoon are in, plus we get the inkling from talking to the devs that there will be a Space Channel 5 stage set in space. We also know that Bug and Space Harrier will not be present, although we couldn't get an answer either way on Burning Rangers or Shenmue. Still, Vyse from Skies of Arcadia is a playable character, as is Gilius from Golden Axe, so it makes sense that they'll have their own tracks. A 3D Death Adder was also mentioned by the devs…

http://www.gamesradar.com/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-hands-the-other-mascot-kart-racer-with-transforming-vehicles/?page=2

It could be that Sumo hinted at a space track, and were referring to Starlight Carnival but GamesRadar read it as SC5. Since they don't tell what Sumo actually said, it's hard to tell. Bug and Space Harrier were confirmed to not appear, however.

I gave my vote to Classic Sawnik. Don't come with "classic fanboy" at me, thank you.

Don't worry. We can be Classic Fanboys together tongue.png

I went for him in the end, because I absolutely do not want Generations to be his last hurrah if it can possibly be avoided. SEGA brought him back, now he should be here to stay.

The bonus track for anyone wondering is just the Splash Hill medley from London Olympics.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't worry. We can be Classic Fanboys together tongue.png

I went for him in the end, because I absolutely do not want Generations to be his last hurrah if it can possibly be avoided. SEGA brought him back, now he should be here to stay.

Classic is just Sonic though, 21 years ago there isn't anything special about him, he's just what Sonic used to be.

i'm sick of this "Modern" & "Classic" bull shit, it's Sonic either way.

if he comes back, he's not going to classed as "Classic" any more is he?

• Thumbs Up 7

Classic is just Sonic though, 21 years ago there isn't anything special about him, he's just what Sonic used to be.

I don't see the problem. It's an easy way to describe which design you mean. If he would be in this game, I'm sure he'd be called Classic Sonic or something similar.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind Classic winning. Had I seen how far behind Espio was (Now second to last, with only Omochao behind him sleep.png) compared to the big guys before, I'd have voted Classic Sonic. Sad that he's losing to Mighty. On the other hand, seeing as he's a recolor, Classic Sonic is still actually winning.

Edit: Just checked who voted who and someone named "Knuckles Chaotix" voted for Jet. Damn it, boy. xD

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah for real, people need to stop treating Classic Sonic as if he's a separate character.

Maybe they have the mentality that he's like Baby Mario?

Yeah for real, people need to stop treating Classic Sonic as if he's a separate character.

Maybe they have the mentality that he's like Baby Mario?

I voted for Gamma just because... Heck he doesn't even need a car, he can just transform his whole body.

But I just like Gamma, theres something about his eyes, he's a robot, yet theres a constant depiction of tragic sadness about them.

• Thumbs Up 5

Eh this new poll isn't too strong from my perspective. I don't care for Rouge, Espio, Jet. Omochao I can barley tolerate, and I have no desire to see another Sonic in this game.

Guess I'll throw my vote to Gamma.

I really have no clue as to what's so great about Sonic having black eyes and a slightly stockier stature.

I really have no clue as to what's so great about Sonic having black eyes and a slightly stockier stature.

If this was a platforming game I could have seen the point since he plays "differently" from the modern design, but this is a racer it would been just having the same character twice instead of guys from another series.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, is this poll even for who's getting in? Or are they just like "Who do you guys like most out of these characters we've randomly thrown out?"

Because this game DOES NOT FUCKING NEED ANY MORE GODDAMN SONIC CHARACTERS, DLC OR NOT. WE'VE GOT FUCKIN' SEVEN ALREADY.

Think of it this way. Every Blaze or Espio or whoever the fuck we get as DLC is one less chance of getting Ristar, Vectorman, or -insert third guy here-.

Edited by Kind-Hearted Jerk

It's an experiment to see if SUMO and SEGA can ask the fans to see who they want in without massive flame wars everywhere.

After the one in Part 2, it seems to have died down. Voted for Jet cause I liked Extreme Gear. :P

Also, 2000th post in the topic. The hype train continues...

Nobody ever classed "classic" before Generations, at least I didn't. Always called him chubby Sonic or Mega Drive Sonic.

You're not wrong saying they're the same Sonic, but they are indeed different, not only gameplay wise. The fan-base division between "classic fans" and "modern fans" always existed, but 'till 2011 they were just "2D fans" and "3D fans".

Anyway, the classic and modern division might be bullshit, but you can't deny that the same character can have 2 or more different designs that can be more or less appreciated.

I prefer the old design above the current one, that doesn't makes me a classic fanboy at all, and if someone thinks that, well, that's bullshit.