Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Gamescom 2012: Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed Preview – More Than Meets the Eye

As ever there is a varied and eclectic medley of characters to choose from, with over twenty to discover along with some console specific cameos.

http://www.xbox360ac...ts-the-Eye.html

ohmy.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I said I'd consider disqualifying characters if I got no apology. I've not done it yet (and I may not). I know who is doing it anyway tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Why don't you try this experiment here, then? smile.png

Edited by Jango

What?

Some consoles will have more cameos than others or... You can expect seeing Kratos in Seaside Hill or Mario in Starlight Carnival :P

Edited by Jango

Console specific cameos huh? *Xbox version has Master chief and the Arbiter in Starlight carnival or something and PS3 has ratchet and clank somehow*Lolnevergonnahappen.:P

Some consoles will have more cameos than others or... You can expect seeing Kratos in Seaside Hill or Mario in Starlight Carnival tongue.png

I was expecting more like the dude from Yakuza in the PS3 version kind of cameo for example

You know what? Crash should be PS3's specific cameo! *runs*

He's not even Sony exclusive now.

Edited by Tmsp

Actually, Sony has potential for a good number of possible choices for an exclusive character:

-Sly: aside from his traditional veichle, in the final battle of Sly 3 a car, a boat and a plane are showed, and are strangely fitting in terms of design for a game like this;

-Jak & Daxter: they showed to be capable of piloting a good variety of veichles and on land, water and air;

-Sackboy: well, Little Big Planet Karting is almost here;

-Someone from Twisted Metal

-A car from Gran Turismo that can transform into a Rapid Racer boat and a Wipeout air veichle

At least we know that Cole McGrath cannot be here: as he said, every veichle he touches explode XD

Edited by Teoskaven

Actually, Sony has potential for a good number of possible choices for an exclusive character:

-Sly: aside from his traditional veichle, in the final battle of Sly 3 a car, a boat and a plane are showed, and are strangely fitting in terms of design for a game like this;

-Jak & Daxter: they showed to be capable of piloting a good variety of veichles and on land, water and air;

-Sackboy: well, Little Big Planet Karting is almost here;

-Someone from Twisted Metal

-A car from Gran Turismo that can transform into a Rapid Racer boat and a Wipeout air veichle

At least we know that Cole McGrath cannot be here: as he said, every veichle he touches explode XD

When they say cameos, I think they just mean on the sidelines. I don't think they mean exclusive racers.

I hope Sony get's Sackboy. Then I won't care about that version.

A character I would care about would be Ratchet & Clank. Though he wouldn't rival Banjo or Mario, Kirby etc

• Thumbs Up 2

...All of which are going to be playable characters in All-Stars Battle Royale(with the expectation of GT). With the release date moved close to Transformed's, I don't think Sony will let SEGA use stuff they want to keep in their own crossover.

I'm thinking that mention about cameos was more about the Avatar.

Edited by FourCartridge

That manly purple cat flab... I really want to see what Big would ride in this game.

If Big were to get in, they could give him a modified version of Eggman's vehicle as a reference to SA2 Multiplayer.

I think that would be pretty cool

...All of which are going to be playable characters in All-Stars Battle Royale(with the expectation of GT). With the release date moved close to Transformed's, I don't think Sony will let SEGA use stuff they want to keep in their own crossover.

On the contrary, it will have much more sense to have one of them as the exclusive character since they were putted again uder lights; also, the Wreck-It Ralph movie is also near the release date of SASRT, but that didn't excluded his presence.

I hope Sony get's Sackboy. Then I won't care about that version.

Oh my God, Marcello! I laughed way more than I should have done at that. And in total agreement too.

The only problem with different exclusives on different platforms (unless they are identical in stats like Avatars and Miis, which are the same concept anyway) is that all the versions will be missing something. Last time, at least the 360 version could be called the true version thanks to Banjo and Avatars, but you know.

Though All-Stars Battle Royale releases the same day... not sure how happy Sony would be to share characters.

Though All-Stars Battle Royale releases the same day... not sure how happy Sony would be to share characters.

I agree, especially after all the rumors and conspiracy theories about the last one, anyone remember that Uncharted 2 DLC which was probably the reason for the cold shoulder to characters?

That said though, Sega does have a few Sony exclusive characters, Yakuza is the main one I can think of.

When they say cameos, I think they just mean on the sidelines. I don't think they mean exclusive racers.

I think you're all misinterpreting this. "Cameo" does not necessarily mean unplayable. They could feature in a big way and still be considered a cameo. The Mii in the Nintendo version could be considered an instance of this. So calm down, it's surely nothing silly like Master Chief flying a banshee through the SC stage.

I think I get it, now! S0L said that the final guest character would be revealed later in november, which is the time when Halo 4 is coming out :P (yeh, I know, aint gonna happen.) Would love to see him driving a warthog that transforms into a banshi, though!

I think I get it, now! S0L said that the final guest character would be revealed later in november, which is the time when Halo 4 is coming out tongue.png (yeh, I know, aint gonna happen.) Would love to see him driving a warthog that transforms into a banshi, though!

.....How the hell would that work. Seriously. those are two COMPLETELY different vehicles.

my fears came true...it is kinda a waste of a slot imo, I personally don't like the fact of having another rep of an existing franchise. I can stand Reala, beeing a really interesting character, but now it is too much.

If you want mo females go for Bayonetta and Arle, and of course, Ulala. MOre IP's, less kind of clone characters.

Anyway, back to the possibility of having one more character for franchise.

NiGHTS is going to be re-released, as well as Jet Set Redio, so they're trying to push those franchise as much as possible.

SuperMonkey Ball is the most profitable franchise after Sonic, so I expect another character, with Mee Mee or Yan Yan being in the top of the list. After that, I hope we're done. No Pudding or everyone else please

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Nah, like Reala, I can forgive JSR for having two reps since Sega's currently pimping out its re-release of the original game. I don't think there's any more Sega games being promoted after those though, so I'd be surprised if we got any more franchises with two racer reps.

Edited by Wally Gator
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo Power has confirmed Gum

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Thanks to Fhoplist of SEGA Forums.

EDIT: Also Professor J, I totally called it. XD

But... I though Nintendo Power is going out of print....

Confused...

Although, yes Gum makes sense because of JSR's re-release.