Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Part 2 of S0L's experiment is up.

Currently it's a two horse race between Silver and Fang/Nack. I guess all those multi's have been busy.

For the love of God vote Fang/Nack! Just... Don't let Silver win! Anyone is better than Silver winning. Especially since you know what will happen, we'll get the same thing that happened with shadow *puts on that posh voice* "Ah well you see there was a pol on the Sega forums which showed Silver was the most popular character and it represented all of the" NOOOO!!! Even if it is only 39 people out of... how many Sonic fans? Vote Fang/Nack!

• Thumbs Up 1

There was some argument in the thread that someone advertised the poll exclusively to their Silver-loving friends, so I guess that gave him a significant boost.

I'll register and vote later. Voting Nack/Fang means absolutely nothing because there's no way in hell SEGA would let him be used (and he'd be more work than Silver/Blaze/Rouge/etc due to lacking assets), but still...

That is the reason I was going to vote for Rouge, but she's in the next poll. Trouble is I doubt she'd be much of a competitor to Silver and Nack/Fang in the final poll.

UGGGGH

Not Silver. Please god ANYONE but Silver. I'd even take Antoine from the Archie Comics over Silver.

There was some argument in the thread that someone advertised the poll exclusively to their Silver-loving friends, so I guess that gave him a significant boost.

So you're telling me there's been some ballot stuffing? That's bullshit! Electoral fraud! I call for a mistrial!

Wish I could stuff the polls for Rouge and Big. This sucks.

I am sure you guys already know this, SASRT is now showing as a listed product on Sega.co.uk

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/?searchPlatform=&searchGenre=&searchGame=sonic+cd

It's got it's own micosite as well

http://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/?locale=en_GB

Nothing of interest on it though.

Oh, and I would be happy to race as Silver.

If I actually gave a shit, I'd still vote Silver because I still like the character.

Be back later guys, hanging myself for having a different fucking opinion.

Edited by Chooch

If I actually gave a shit, I'd still vote Silver because I still like the character.

Be back later guys, hanging myself for having a different fucking opinion.

If you're including me in that: when I said 'Silver-loving friends', I wasn't making a jab at Silver fans in general. I'd have said 'Rouge-loving friends' if it had been her that they were trying to boost the votes for, for example.

I'd probably vote Silver if I cared, as well.

Ditto. Having a playable Fang ain't gonna happen anytime soon, so I might as well vote for a character that could actually have a chance (however minuscule) of being playable.

Ditto. Having a playable Fang ain't gonna happen anytime soon, so I might as well vote for a character that could actually have a chance (however minuscule) of being playable.

Why do you think it would be impossible for Fang/Nack to be in the game? Just because he has never made it into a mainstream Sonic game does not mean that he is "ruled out", does it?

See, I don't mind Silver, but I'd want just about any character over him. Rouge- better. Blaze- better. Big- so much better! Silver's so... eh. The rest of the cast is just more likeable to me.

Why do you think it would be impossible for Fang/Nack to be in the game? Just because he has never made it into a mainstream Sonic game does not mean that he is "ruled out", does it?

SEGA are very strict over what can and can't be done with their characters. It's not likely that they'd permit the use of him, so he pretty much is ruled out. He's a scrapped character from a time when the series was completely different. He made it into Generations as a cameo using old art. He's not appearing any time soon. And SEGA will have been aware of the demand for him for years.

It makes voting very difficult- in all honesty I would like to see him more than anyone else. But at the same time, the likelihood of him being permitted is insanely low. It'd be a wasted vote against my least favourite choice.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

See, I don't mind Silver, but I'd want just about any character over him. Rouge- better. Blaze- better. Big- so much better! Silver's so... eh. The rest of the cast is just more likeable to me.

SEGA are very strict over what can and can't be done with their characters. It's not likely that they'd permit the use of him, so he pretty much is ruled out. He's a scrapped character from a time when the series was completely different. He made it into Generations as a cameo using old art. He's not appearing any time soon. And SEGA will have been aware of the demand for him for years.

It makes voting very difficult- in all honesty I would like to see him more than anyone else. But at the same time, the likelihood of him being permitted is insanely low. It'd be a wasted vote against my least favourite choice.

In that case I'd vote for Fang/Nack. Then, if he is not a possibility, everyone can have their Silver becuase SUMO will just choose the second highest votes, right? :P I see no harm in voting for the "impossibility", we all know Silver is gonna come in first or second anyway; it's a landslide.

The experiment isn't that though; S0L's trying to see if the fandom can agree on a single character to be put in the game. One of the reasons S0L claimed Vectorman didn't make the roster was cause the focus audience didn't like him, and he's seeing if the Sonic fandom can be used as a replacement without flame wars.

Edited by FourCartridge

In that case I'd vote for Fang/Nack. Then, if he is not a possibility, everyone can have their Silver becuase SUMO will just choose the second highest votes, right? tongue.png I see no harm in voting for the "impossibility", we all know Silver is gonna come in first or second anyway; it's a landslide.

Nah, S0L's made it perfectly clear that there's noguarantee that this poll will result in any form of DLC. It's just an experiment. Of course the outcome could still hold some merit because it is the opinion of the fans, it's not really what the whole thing's about.

Voting for Silver. I don't like him, but he's better than that irrelevant fang/nack character.

You know who else is irrelevant? Gilius, Vyse, Alex Kidd, Opa Opa and pretty much the rest of the cast non-Sonic cast in these titles. That's silly reason not to vote for someone.

Edited by Blue Blood

I voted for fang, if not only to complete the whole sonic drift 2 cast in the game. Blaze would have been my second choice. I can't understand for the life of me how silver, a character that was introduced in one of the worst game ever(period) is winning that poll.

Because he's actually pretty popular in general? I mean, he is, just not really on forums like this.

Yeah I understand he's popular, I just don't understand why, when playing the game where he was introduced was nearly impossible. I would think a character like blaze would get more votes. But uhh, nevermind what I said. Some things don't need explenation I guess.

Glad to see Fang is getting lots of support though. Never thought he would add any real competition, but gotta say i'm really proud of the fanbase.

Edited by Djawed

You know who else is irrelevant? Gilius, Vyse, Alex Kidd, Opa Opa and pretty much the rest of the cast non-Sonic cast in these titles. That's silly reason not to vote for someone.

No. They had their own games, and were popular in the olden days. Fang/Nack was never popular, and was only a side-dish in the old spin-off Sonic games.

No. They had their own games, and were popular in the olden days. Fang/Nack was never popular, and was only a side-dish in the old spin-off Sonic games.

They're still wholly irrelevant characters, considering how they're from very old, totally dead series'. You can even stretch that to NiGHTS and Beat, who's claims to life are ports and other SEGA party titles. Fang has always been popular among Sonic fans, just as much as any of the other old characters in the game.

Fang actually seemed like a somewhat prominent member in the classic games after Triple Trouble, appearing in several titles after it and even making more appearances than any of the Chaotix members (unless you count Knuckles). Plus he's probably the most wanted classic character (that doesn't have a modern equivalent) to come back in new games (aside from maybe Mighty)

• Thumbs Up 1