Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

This Blaze thing has been done to death, dear lord. Back to the topic at hand...Is this even really an issue with the duplicate characters? I might have missed something, do they allow duplicates in Transformed (unlike the original, unless you glitched)? Even so, couldn't they fix that as easily by putting the player name over them as they race by you? I mean, if Nintendo can do it, I figure other people can.

I love how people think how it's up for debate. It's not. It's a hard rule. Smash Bros was the exception, and I'm sure they leveraged 'If we're not allowed, you can't have Mario for Mario & Sonic' or some such.

Every single one of the All-Stars / Superstars game has had this restriction, you can also see it in something like Sonic Colours where it's a robot version for the arcade machine thing.

So whether you agree with it or not, it's not going to change :)

I don't mind it as it does force people to swap characters and try different ones out - plus this time around we do have the mods which... Oh almost :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 3

My favourite character in the last one was Opa Opa. I hope he is back too.

About using the same character..gosh guys, S0L has already said that it's not possible a few times, is that hard to get?

I love how people think how it's up for debate. It's not. It's a hard rule.

I don't think anyone is disputing that at this stage, but that doesn't stop us from talking about it.

Well... depending if they fix it or not... there is that old bug you could try if you really want to race as 8 Sonic's, although it's amazingly hard to do. =p

Choosing the same characters in a racing game would be stupid. Who wants a race between 8 sonics.

I agree with this. I do prefer character variety.

People will be less inclined to pick a small amount of the roster if everyone is balanced and viable, unlike the first game.

I don't mind it as it does force people to swap characters and try different ones out

I do like that. I actually changed some mains when I had to try them in online and found they were pretty good.

Though I would love that some characters could have an alternate outfit (like Ulala with pink/white outfit or Beat with JSR/JSRF). Not a big deal anyways.

Edited by Ferr

It'll be perfectly balanced. Except for whichever character I like the most, which will be the best in any given situation

So in the first game that was Sonic, right? Shoutouts to having AiAi's exact stats but with better Turbo-Boost.

That's fair. Some things you can't help. I know if I was in your position I wouldn't be able to help making Knuckles a strong character.

Oddly enough, he was in the first All-Stars Racing. Made crushing my opponents a lot easier while still being a character loyalist.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

It'll be perfectly balanced. Except for whichever character I like the most, which will be the best in any given situation smile.png

---

S0L

---

God help us if I ever make a Smash Bros. game...

It'll be perfectly balanced. Except for whichever character I like the most, which will be the best in any given situation :)

The problem is that Big isn't in the sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'll be perfectly balanced. Except for whichever character I like the most, which will be the best in any given situation smile.png

---

S0L

---

So that confirms Billy Hatcher return, right? -sarcarsm-

---

S0L

---

Pretty much anyone who uses a bike?

Edited by Tmsp

Sure I love playing as Knuckles more than any other character, but just cause someone else plays as him doesnt mean i feel sad when playing as others, or feel that i should be able to play as another knuckles, in fact, i felt that all of the characters in the first game were enjoyable to play as, players online did a good job of swapping out regularly between races giving everyone a chance to be different characters, and even the rare time a very skilled player who picks the arguably best character/vehicles, and creams all other players, I diddn't feel as cheated, as I felt determined to catch up. (infact sometimes the power of online TEAMWERK was involved funny enough...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Tbh there is nothing really wrong there. It's just you're usual dumb Kotaku article blowing something very small out of proportion. Nonetheless, I had a good laugh XD.

But anyway, let's move on I guess

• Thumbs Up 2

---

S0L

---

Alex Kidd I supose?

Haha poor Jet xD Will definitely be picking this up. Hopefully there's more tracks this time.

"I would like to suggest Jet riding a bathtub of spaghetti and meat balls accompanied by a mozzarella stick would give players that extra edge they're craving from your games." original.jpg

I laughed too hard about this.. Hee hee...