Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

How dare you forget about Ulala?

I didn't forget about her, my mind is just in a constant state of denial about the fact she hasn't been confirmed yet. Reality sucks.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think a VF rep is definitely likely as they were in the last game and VF5 Final Showdown released earlier this summer on XBLA and PSN. It would make people aware of that game.

I recall reading an interview somewhere with S0L where he said they put Ristar into that Death Egg so you could see the front of him, as from the back he is more or less just a black ball with arms and legs. Seems like a general aesthetic reason not to have him as a racer, though maybe he could be a complete nutter and drive facing backwards most of the time? tongue.png

That's considered normal driving in Sonic's world. He wouldn't stand out because of it.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 2

I had thought it was 11 slots yet to be revealed from the regular roster? 27 total, 16 revealed. The 27 doesn't include Metal (who is a bonus) or any of the Miis/Avatars or Ralph or Danica. Where is 9 coming from? Did I miscount or did I miss some S0L info?

Holy crap I wanted her in so much but I never even for a second anticipated she actually would be. Very happy camper. Hope they use the JSRF design but her JSR design is cool too. I think I too will probably be maining her (or at least switching back and forth between her and Amy).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

If they used JSR it would be nice because then she'd match Beat.

But if they used the JSRF design, it would make for a bit more variation (defenders like myself could note that both Beat and Gum represent two different games) and it would allow for Beat to rep the new JSR track and Gum to rep the returning JSRF track.

Seems JSR is the only franchise where its okay to feature different designs. Unlike, say, Sonic where they very much want to maintain consistency with the brand.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Each time another character gets announced I get more inclined to think that we're not gonna see Ulala this time around. Who's gonna help us when we're forced to dance.

Edited by Wordy

If they used JSR it would be nice because then she'd match Beat.

But if they used the JSRF design, it would make for a bit more variation (defenders like myself could note that both Beat and Gum represent two different games) and it would allow for Beat to rep the new JSR track and Gum to rep the returning JSRF track.

Seems JSR is the only franchise where its okay to feature different designs. Unlike, say, Sonic where they very much want to maintain consistency with the brand.

Oh yeah I totally forgot that Beat has had JSR appearence in all three games. I imagine Gum will prolly be JSR-design too then, it's certainly the more family-friendly of the two for this game.

To be honest I hope it's JSRF Gum because I just like cleavage, what can I say. =C

Ulala had her original appearance in SST and Part 2 look in ASR. Beat went through the same process. Didn't Alex Kid change looks too?

Beat was JSR in Tennis, JSRF in ASR and is JSR in Transformed

As for Alex Kidd, he was just vastly improved model-wise, but had the same design:

Alex-Kidd-3.png

svsfB.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Oh and Ryo definitely has to come back. Don't forget him, for damn sure.

He won't have the bike again so instead I expect them to give him a transforming forklift. But maybe they'd do something completely out of left field and give him a transforming arcade cabinet?! It would turn into different games depending on the mode.

Ground - Outrun

Water - Boat Race GP

Air - After Burner

Haha, man I am glad this series got away from the "highway in the sky" look. As cool as that little video is... makes you grateful y'know?

(the scary thing is, that stage is still pretty nostalgic anyway)

So, we got Gum now. No surprises there. ^^

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Each time another character gets announced I get more inclined to think that we're not gonna see Ulala this time around.

dont you dare S0L!!!tongue.png

Ulala had her original appearance in SST and Part 2 look in ASR. Beat went through the same process.

wish there was a change outfit selector for those characters. I just dont want orange Ulala..

PD: Didnt remember how better is the S&SASR Alex Kidd compared to the Tennis one... i really like that design.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hoping the reluctance to reveal Ulala is down to them still finalising her new vehicle and making it look awesome.

Seriously, in the unlikely event that she isn't in, I think there would be many unhappy people clamouring for her to at least be made a DLC character.

They did take a long time to reveal her in the first ASR as well though.

Edited by Clisp

A couple pages back, SOL asked for an apology.

What happened? I can't read 10 pages right now. :u

No-one apologised for rigging the poll at the SEGA forums, but he docked votes from Silver and Nack/Fang rather than disqualifying them.

Speaking of which, the next poll has already begun: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?420744-Experiment-Part-3-READ-THE-1ST-POST

Sorry Gamma, I'm going to go for Rouge.

Edited by Lungo

Seriously, in the unlikely event that she isn't in, I think there would be many unhappy people clamouring for her to at least be made a DLC character.

Im not sure, I didnt see much people really caring about her in the game, and most probably would rather have Ristar or Vectorman.

I still think she will be in if just because is probably the most iconic Sega female character (if its just because Sega pushed her hard in her time to be famouse, they wanted something like what is Miku now).

Wasnt there a rumor about a SC5 track?

Edited by Ferr
  • Thumbs Up 1

Im not sure, I didnt see much people really caring about her in the game, and most probably would rather have Ristar or Vectorman.

I still think she will be in if just because is probably the most iconic Sega female character (if its just because Sega pushed her hard in her time to be famouse, they wanted something like what is Miku now).

Wasnt there a rumor about a SC5 track?

I don't think it's people not caring, it's that people are (probably rightly) assumptuous that she will be in. I don't see many talking about, say, AiAi or Amigo but that doesn't mean people don't care about them.

I don't think it's people not caring, it's that people are (probably rightly) assumptuous that she will be in. I don't see many talking about, say, AiAi or Amigo but that doesn't mean people don't care about them.

Those are both confirmed already...

But I'm getting a sinking feeling that Ulala may be this game's NiGHTS.

Those are both confirmed already...

But I'm getting a sinking feeling that Ulala may be this game's NiGHTS.

Really? She's gonna be this games flagwoman?

Does anyone want the scan with Gum in it? I'm getting Nintendo Power in the mail soon so I can get it out in High Resolution if anyone wants it.

Hell yes! Rouge!

Who the hell is voting for Mighty? Do they honestly think he has a chance to be in this game? Come on...

• Thumbs Up 1