Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Unless Sumo Digital have an office in Brazil nobody knows about... Jango is from Brazil, it's also written all over his profile. He doesn't know =p

You know, some things can be simpler than you think.

About the Miis question, as far as I been told, the Miis work as a console exclusive, and so the Xbox Avatars, that's why some consoles have more character than others, unless you're expecting to see the PS Home Avatars :) But that's all I know.

Actually, I'd love for Optimus Prime or Bumblebee to be the third guest character. I mean it fits so well with the theme of this game! Other characters I could see being the third guest character would be Flow or Megaman.

Oh, btw, latest Nintendo Power with S0L talks about 3DS and it *sounds* like they're trying to cram in all the HD content, but not everything (racers, tracks) will make it over. So theres our low 20 roster.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

On the matter of female counterparts, MeeMee wouldn't be too bad, seeing as a nice emphasis on flowers with her could easily differentiate her from AiAi and she probably has the best chances out of any other Monkey Ball rep (though if they were to get a bit more obscure I'd choose a character like Jet who could use a bit of extra publicity/emphasis on his rivalry with AiAi or even Dr. Badboon as a bit of nostalgia fodder) Amiga really wouldn't be the best choice, though Linda on the other hand could be a pretty cool Samba de Amigo rep. I'd also have to agree on Jaguar being a far better SC5 rep then Pudding, though she really wouldn't be that bad of a character to include

Just so people don't miss it...

*quote*

Thanks, can't believe I missed that. I knew from the start Banjo won't make it in, but at least I know now that it has been confirmed that Banjo won't make it in. Good. I disliked what Sumo did with the previous game, with the 360 version having an exclusive.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

I wanted Banjo in the game too, but deep down I knew it would probably be a one-time thing. It would've been cool to have him in the game as a legit DKR throwback, but, whatever, these things happen.

Now I'm really curious to see who they've put in. With all the returning secondary characters and characters still missing that appeared in the last game it doesn't seem like there's much hope for any more newcomers, unfortunately.

Thanks, can't believe I missed that. I knew from the start Banjo won't make it in, but at least I know now that it has been confirmed that Banjo won't make it in. Good. I disliked what Sumo did with the previous game, with the 360 version having an exclusive.

You're just mad you didn't get an exclusive.

You're just mad you didn't get an exclusive.

...and why shouldn't I be? I could have overlooked this if all other versions have their own exclusive, but they didn't with the PS3 having the least characters. I assume Sumo doesn't have enough budget to get a console exclusive character for each platform. So why should the 360 get special treatment?

Ha ha, a Transformers cameo in Transformed could be pretty rad.

..Except I don't think the Transformers have two vehicle modes, just one! D=

Ha ha, a Transformers cameo in Transformed could be pretty rad.

..Except I don't think the Transformers have two vehicle modes, just one! D=

Blitzwing would like to have a word with you...

Guess that pre-orders cancelled eh TheAnvil?

Yes. I just asked my brother if he wants me to cancel his too, and he agreed.

The roster on this game is already looking pretty bad actually. Gum, Danica, Reala. With no sign of Ryo, Alex, Billy, Axel Stone or Neff. So I'm pretty much done with following this game now.

Farethee well to ye all. I hope you enjoy the game when it hits. I'll be playing the Wii U, WWE 13 and Paper Mario.

Edited by TheAnvil

I have nothing against more reps from each franchise. I think Gum is cool and I wouldn't be too upset about Meemee and Pudding. But we haven't even gotten confirmation of all the past characters yet. I'm very disheartened that Billy Hatcher has yet to be announced.

I think it is a bit too extreme to cancel a pre-order and become suddenly not interested in a game just for Banjo not beeing it.

I'm also not a fan of secondary characters, of Danica (even if I strongly admire the marketing decision), and I would definitely be pissed if Ryo and Bayonetta are not in, but the work SUMO is doing is out of this world, and they're developing not only a great game, but also a great relationship with us fans.

STeve said SOME more secondary characters, so at least it's 2. Super Monkey Ball? Toejam and Earl as separate racers? Akira and Jacky as separate racers?... who knows...

Edited by BlueHedgehog92
  • Thumbs Up 1

The roster on this game is already looking pretty bad actually. Gum, Danica, Reala. With no sign of Ryo, Alex, Billy, Axel Stone or Neff. So I'm pretty much done with following this game now.

Farethee well to ye all. I hope you enjoy the game when it hits. I'll be playing the Wii U, WWE 13 and Paper Mario.

Seriously: worst excuse ever. At least wait until all the characters are revealed.

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd be a little upset if Meemee or Pudding were the aforementioned secondary characters instead of other secondaries from different games. I'd rather see a secondary Skies of Arcadia or Virtua Fighter character, not some lame secondary from SMB. I mean, really, who cares about Meemee? I don't think anyone does.

There's nine characters left. Ryo, Ulala, Jacky Bryant, Alex Kidd, Opa-Opa and Billy are yet to be confirmed as returning from All-Stars Racing. Meemee and Pudding have yet to be confirmed as returning from Superstars Tennis.

So if all those characters come back that only leaves room for one more newcomer, excluding the remaining guest character. I doubt very much that Billy Hatcher and Opa-Opa are coming back, and even Ryo and Jacky are up for debate.

If I were a betting man I'd say that Ulala and Alex Kidd are the only ones out of those that are pretty much guaranteed. So at minimum I'd say those two and at least two other secondaries are guaranteed as Steve Lycett said that there's more secondaries and very specifically used the plural form of it. So of the nine remaining characters at least four are a given.

So, at maximum, five newcomers left. Seven if the two secondaries turn out to be new entrants from games that didn't have as much representation before.

Edited by PsychoJosh

SEGA would be silly not to put Ryo in the game, considering he's actually in a spotlight right now, even more than the time Shenmue was released: ShenmueHD re-release hint, the developers of DOA5 wanting him in their game, his presence alongside Sonic, Akira, Bayonetta and others in the promotional poster of that PS Vita card game DLC

I'm not bringing back the tremendous hype for him in the last game.

Ulala? Simply impossible not to return. SEGA put her everywhere. Project X Zone has her and not Sonic, and she's considered SEGA's female. Also that SC5 track hinted

Alex Kidd...I don't really know about him, he could be DLC, and could be swapped with Ristar this time. I prefer the little star over him actually

I have a big question mark for Virtua Fighter though, and I strongly believe we won't see any of the other veterans from last game, so Opa Opa, Bonanza, Chu Chu's, Z&Z and Billy Hatcher

I've mentions this earlier, but where is this "9 characters left" coming from? My count is 11 left. Guests and Metal don't count towards the 27 total. 16 revealed, 27 total = 11.

Or did I miss something?

I've mentions this earlier, but where is this "9 characters left" coming from? My count is 11 left. Guests and Metal don't count towards the 27 total. 16 revealed, 27 total = 11.

Or did I miss something?

There's 29 total, which includes guests and console-exclusive characters like the Mii. That number may or may not include Metal. 20 characters have been revealed so far, 19 if we exclude Metal. So 9~10 characters left.

Alex Kidd...I don't really know about him, he could be DLC, and could be swapped with Ristar this time. I prefer the little star over him actually

Why would he be DLC if he appears regularly in this series? Absurd logic.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I see S0L is on, so perhaps he will clarify the numbers for us OCD nerds. :)

Speaking of exclusives in the last game, pretty sure 360 had Banjo and PS3 had nothing because MS wanted it when SEGA asked and Sony did not. Remember, Sony had their own kart racer and all-stars games in development.

Flo would be worse of an idea than Danica. Outside of the Sonic fanbase, I'm sure no one knows her outside of the US. I'll be pretty mad if she's in.

I hope it's Mega Man.

You should both go ahead and cancel it, but don't regret it once the full package with all the unanounced things right now end up being greater than you think.

Personally I don't consider you as a fool for making this decision. You're a principled person, I respect people like that. But saying the roster is bad without considering the roster can still end up great, may end up being your loss.

Edited by Djawed