Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Anyway, this was in the Poll topic:

cream_and_cheese___biker___shadow__by_itshelias94-d4sn6oz.png

It's fanmade and based on an Archie cover. Looks pretty cool.

If Sumo were to do this in the game, I'd laugh my butt off xD

• Thumbs Up 3

Agreed. As a 90's kid, and of SEGA's prime demographic when Fang/Nack was in his prime, I loved the character. He is the Boba Fett of the Sonic series. Utilized very little, but makes a big impression. I think one of his great strengths is that he's a non-robot bad guy who could act as henchman to Eggman or be a villain on his own. Unlike Sonic's other organic rivals, he never turned good. Also, he has a great design!

• Thumbs Up 1

Fang actually seemed like a somewhat prominent member in the classic games after Triple Trouble, appearing in several titles after it and even making more appearances than any of the Chaotix members (unless you count Knuckles). Plus he's probably the most wanted classic character (that doesn't have a modern equivalent) to come back in new games (aside from maybe Mighty)

Not seemed, it was pretty much fact, hence why he was to be included as a boss in Sonic X-Treme (which would probably cemented his status as a major character permanently). But sometimes the cookie crumbles in ways you don't expect it to; because of the cancellation of X-Treme, his entire career was limited to being in a lot of spin-offs, so he was dropped by the Adventures and his role pretty much taken over by Rouge (at least, according to AAUK when he was still staff).

Uh, you guys know if Fang manages to get in, they can't use the Marvelous Queen because it's a hoverbike, and bikes are out, right?

Uh, you guys know if Fang manages to get in, they can't use the Marvelous Queen because it's a hoverbike, and bikes are out, right?

He's not going to get in anyway. The pol is just something that S0L is curious to find out. Sega won't let them use Fang/Nack anyway because he's not active. Though if anything it's showing Sega (assuming they do actually take anything from their own forums) that people do actually like these characters and that there is a demand for them in some way, be it a game appearance or even merchandise of some kind.

The second pol that S0L is going to do will have these characters on it.

Rouge

Omochao

Jet

Classic Sonic

Mighty

Espio

E102-Gamma

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to struggle with that one, can't decide between Gamma and Mighty, although I can see omachao getting a lot of votes because of lol!

could still modify it into something resembling his hover bike, but give it wheels, like metal sonic's vehicle.

Rouge

Omochao

Jet

Classic Sonic

Mighty

Espio

E102-Gamma

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to struggle with that one, can't decide between Gamma and Mighty, although I can see omachao getting a lot of votes because of lol!

Well this'll be very difficult to vote on. I'd absolutely love for Classic Sonic to continue getting exposure in games. I'm not too fussed about Gamma or Mighty, but I definitely get their appeal and for the same reason's as Nack it would be great to see them return. Rouge would be the other big contender. She's one of the series mainstays and one of my faves. Tough call.

You're forgetting that the main reason bikes are out is because they're able to do wheelies. Hoverbikes aren't able to do wheelies.

Though if anything it's showing Sega (assuming they do actually take anything from their own forums) that people do actually like these characters and that there is a demand for them in some way, be it a game appearance or even merchandise of some kind.

1. It'd have to be taken note of by the Sega staff there and then passed on to the devs to be noticed. Obviously with the hassle, I'd think it'd be rare for that to happen.

2. If the tone in which Iizuka spoke about the Generations cameos is accurate, then he's fully aware that there's a demand for him. But they just won't let him or other scrapped characters have any more than those Generations cameos.

And Classic Sonic should just be a skin, not an entirely new character. He IS Sonic, who is already in the game.

How on earth can he just be a skin? He's a completely different size and build to modern sonic in every way.

For some reason the idea of Classic Sonic in a 16-bit version of Sonic's car popped into my head. Suddenly I'm filled with several degrees of want.

I'll vote Espio next time. I know these polls don't mean anything, but I hope they think back to these when deciding on DLC. I'll never stop believing!

You're forgetting that the main reason bikes are out is because they're able to do wheelies. Hoverbikes aren't able to do wheelies.

I recal S0L saying it was because of the size.

How on earth can he just be a skin? He's a completely different size and build to modern sonic in every way.

Model swap obviously.

Didn't S0L confirm that none of the DLC would have Sonic characters? I recall him saying that we've had our lot for both on-disc and downloadable Sonic characters.

Rouge

Omochao

Jet

Classic Sonic

Mighty

Espio

E102-Gamma

I find the lack of Motobug disturbing. This poll sucks.

• Thumbs Up 7

Model swap obviously.

That's what Hogather was getting at- it would be awkward and weird cause of the size difference. Classic Sonic would have to be animated from scratch, with a different vehicle design for his size. I'm not sure it would be as simple as simply scaling down Sonic's car either. Making Classic Sonic would be no different to making Rouge or Espio- the raw model exists but everything else would have to be made form scratch.

Skin or different character, he'd need the same amount of work.

Edited by Blue Blood

I know that. When I said model swap, I meant of both car and Sonic. The stats would stay the same, though, meaning he's basically an alternate skin.

That's what Hogather was getting at- it would be awkward and weird cause of the size difference. Classic Sonic would have to be animated from scratch, with a different vehicle design for his size. I'm not sure it would be as simple as simply scaling down Sonic's car either. Making Classic Sonic would be no different to making Rouge or Espio- the raw model exists but everything else would have to be made form scratch.

Skin or different character, he'd need the same amount of work.

The only size differential that matters is the car. And Classic Sonic already has a car, the red one he used in Sonic Drift. It only needs to be the same dimensions as Modern Sonic's car.

I can't imagine why he wouldn't have the same animations as Modern Sonic.

Anyways, to all people voting in the poll, please vote Rouge. :(

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyways, to all people voting in the poll, please vote Rouge. sad.png

There's already enough shit going around on the Sega Forums and the last thing we need is campaigning for characters

But I've already chosen Jet as my vote (even though he'll lose inevitably)

But I've already chosen Jet as my vote (even though he'll lose inevitably)

I think that Jet would be a well justified choice for this game :) I don't like his character much but he would definitely work for a Sonic character in a racing game!