Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Ugh, what an annoying rule. I want to vote Chaotix, but I can't? Espio is my favorite, but to me they're foremost a group of 3. I think the group should count as one. >_>

I guess my vote goes to Espio, then.

Edited by MarcelloF

Ugh, what an annoying rule. I want to vote Chaotix, but I can't? Espio is my favorite, but to me they're foremost a group of 3. I think the group should count as one. >_>

I guess my vote goes to Espio, then.

Again, I'm not taking votes in here. Just so we're clear!

I think a lot of people are missing the point of why I'm even trying to do this. It's two fold...

1. The one character limit is there to *force* you to think. I'd personally love every single motorcycle in the world in a garage so I could pick which one I wanted to use on a given day, but I can't, I simply don't have that kind of money. So I pick the one that suits me best. The same goes for characters, you can't have them all, so you need to pick the one you care for most.

2. The experiment is a test to see if we can ever poll the forums in some way for any future character selection for any potential DLC or future games. We get asked for this all the time...! But it would need to be a controlled process. Hence the rules. If I can't get people to stick to simple rules with a reduced set of characters, it's unlikely we could ever expand and use it for the whole SEGA universe.

Hence I'm being rigid on the rules to see if they can be enforced. Like I say, I'd love it if I could find an ideal way to make this work, but at the moment it falls down as it simply devolves into arguments about who is right and who is wrong.

I could canvas some of our boffins here to create some kind of character quotient rating and we'll do the whole thing mathmatically, but otherwise it seems the way we already do things is still the most valid solution. Which means we continue to pick with SEGA, do the whlle focus test thing, agree it with Japan and you get to live with it :)

But let's see how the experiment goes this week... :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 5

Still, it's not like people are asking for the Chaotix be seperate characters, they want the three together in one vehicle. I'd get being against someone saying they want Rouge, Blaze and Tikal or whatever in a car, but the Chaotix? Like I said before, Chaotix in itself is a character and thus should be counted differently.

And let me get this straight, if you were to have a DLC poll in the future, we wouldn't be able to vote for group characters? Or is this just a random rule for this experiment to see if people will follow it?

Still, it's not like people are asking for the Chaotix be seperate characters, they want the three together in one vehicle. I'd get being against someone saying they want Rouge, Blaze and Tikal or whatever in a car, but the Chaotix? Like I said before, Chaotix in itself is a character and thus should be counted differently.

And let me get this straight, if you were to have a DLC poll in the future, we wouldn't be able to vote for group characters? Or is this just a random rule for this experiment to see if people will follow it?

You're thinking in fan terms, not development terms. Let's say we created a Chaotix car, how many characters do we need to build?

At least 3. Each one of those characters requiring multiple animations per each of those 3 characters. Then 3 sets of VO. Then 3 sets of approvals passes and associated revisions. Plus 3 sets of LOD's and so on. It's 3 sets of work. Or 5. Or 7. Depending which version of the Chaotix we decide is the yardstick.

So it's not one character. It may appear as one 'racer' but that's not what I'm asking people to put forward. You can argue all day how you consider it's one character - but you're wrong smile.png

It's also not a random rule. It's a very definite rule designed to force people to think. That's part of the experiment. Can we get anyone involved to conciously stop shouting lists of characters to us, stop arguing with each other and give us some useful data.

If we can't get that to happen, we'll never be approaching fans for actual involvement with any potential future character select as if you can't follow simple rules of picking from a very small selection - there is no way we can ever allow you to pick from an unlimited list.

Like I say, it's an experiment. If you don't like the rules, you're welcome to not participate smile.png

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L

Okay, I'm going to sound a little confrontational here, and I apologise in advance for that.

The whole technical angle, I can get behind, perfectly well (even if it does raise the question of whether the likes of the Bonanza Bros, Jackie and Akira and Zobio and Zombiko are out because they're also not technically one racer by these standards).

But please, could you stop pedalling that "depends which version of the Chaotix" shtick because it simply doesn't fly. In the end, you wouldn't have a choice on the yardstick, Sega would. And they are not going to toss out a version that they have been putting across for almost ten years now just because a minority who want the Chaotix in might think it's not whole without an armadillo who hasn't appeared in a Sonic game since 1995, eight years before the current Chaotix came into being, the Chaotix that is actually part of the current brand image. Thinking you could set it to any other standard is just wishful thinking.

But please, could you stop pedalling that "depends which version of the Chaotix" shtick because it simply doesn't fly. In the end, you wouldn't have a choice on the yardstick, Sega would. And they are not going to toss out a version that they have been putting across for almost ten years now just because a minority who want the Chaotix in might think it's not whole without an armadillo who hasn't appeared in a Sonic game since 1995, eight years before the current Chaotix came into being, the Chaotix that is actually part of the current brand image. Thinking you could set it to any other standard is just wishful thinking.

You can put me down one vote for the Chaotix from me!

I'd have to vote for Big or Rouge here, since they're up their amongst my favourite characters. But failing that, I'd be happy with Blaze or any individual member of the Chaotix. Silver... eh. I'd really rather have Cream or Jet than him. He's at the bottom of my list. Don't think I'll bother posting this at the SEGA forums though. I don't want to make an account just to post one thing, so I'll sit here and hope all goes well.

Considering the game already has Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Eggman and Metal, I think that's the 'mainest' of the main cast covered. Next in line would be Rouge, Silver and Blaze, or Big if you want to throw a bone for the fans. There's not really any other Sonic character that feels like they're supposed have a part in the game.

Edited by Blue Blood

You know, I'd kinda like to have the Werehog as a character. Bit odd, considering that he and Sonic are the same thing pretty much, but I'd still love to see how his vehicle could look like or what his All-Star move could be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gee whats with all the hate and drama people? cant we discuss something without getting into a rage war? I bet S0L goes all "here we go again dry.png ". Anyways, I havent discussed much about the news, but Ive been watching, and all I gotta say is that you are doing a great job Sumo!!! kudos to you!

Changic topic, I sure hope Opa-Opa is not the flagman, he was pretty much my most used character, but I cant complain since we got Vyse, Gillius, NiGHTS, Reala, Joe Musashi and hopefully some more awesome surprises. Im betting that third guest character is gonna leave us all in awe, something tells me its gonna be pretty awesome and unexpected :3

@Wario: I think Big is awesome, but I agree Clawz is epic, wouldve love to see him involved.

What, are you guys taking all comments seriously? I'm already avoiding read certain members comments long time.

So S0L, there's actualy hope for DLC? Awesome!

About that experiment on the SEGA forums, I feel really bad for you S0L tongue.png even though it was perfectly clear in the opening post, no matter how many times it's said, people still post things like "hmm I'd like X character, but Y character is pretty awesome too, oh shoot my vote goes to Z character!" rather than making a simple post that only includes a character's name.

Edited by Lentastic

My favourit Sonic racer I vote for is Mario and alsp Osram the Witch. And I vot for that one that is like eggmna but fat. Andthe other one wot is hios frend

• Thumbs Up 5

Uh, what?

The trolling aside possibly, could you at least clean up your grammar and spelling before you post? I can hardly make sense of this.

My favourit Sonic racer I vote for is Mario and alsp Osram the Witch. And I vot for that one that is like eggmna but fat. Andthe other one wot is hios frend

I once knew a lightbulb called Osram. But he burned himself out. Quality comedy post though :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 7

Sooo, when are we gonna get some new stuff? I have been away for a while, did I miss something?

You got a ton of new stuff last week.

And a trailer, an interview about the Wii-U version, new screenshots, S0L's usual question answer things

And a trailer, an interview about the Wii-U version, new screenshots, S0L's usual question answer things

Oh! The trailer, I was forgeting that.

But I wanted to know if the game will be in any future event in the likes of gamescom.

Do the characters have any extras in this game such as costumes.

Sonic --> Classic Sonic Unlockable/Werehog

Or think of it Street Fighter style. Alternate Color/Outfit Schemes.

Do the characters have any extras in this game such as costumes.

Sonic --> Classic Sonic Unlockable/Werehog

Or think of it Street Fighter style. Alternate Color/Outfit Schemes.

It's been answered before that characters don't have alternate outfits. Far too much work.

Though on the second point, I wonder about online. It really annoyed me in the original that someone else might beat you to picking your favourite character online and you'd have to be someone else. I can understand totally that SEGA wouldn't want multi-coloured Sonics, but there's no reason that the vehicles couldn't just change colour, right? It would stop things being so confusing if the vehicles stood out because they were completely different colours.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's been answered before that characters don't have alternate outfits. Far too much work.

-looks at games with tons of unlockables and three times the content of SASR-

Oh, okay.

-looks at games with tons of unlockables and three times the content of SASR-

Oh, okay.

You have no idea as to how much content this game has... so why are you even trying to compare it to anything?

• Thumbs Up 1