Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I swear someone posted a screen of him waving at racers earlier in the thread.. O.O

The Outrun reference with Miis is really cool. I do agree I'd rather have another SEGA IP being referenced instead of some sports car.

edit: uhh.. it might be his friends after I took a look in game. they all look the same to me.

Edited by Autosaver

It's amazing what a good song can make...I never knew about Burning Rangers, and after playing the track it's now my 2nd favorite (The 1st is After Burner since I actually played that game in the Genesis)

EDIT: Oops...this is the racer thread...

If they make DLC, they should make Big in a Froggy-shaped car or even put Ken Balough the Virtua Racing pilot.

Edited by Penguin-san
  • Thumbs Up 1

actualy, he shouldnt be spreading it around anymore, it is far past the goal, he should to try some of the other low vote characters like Sketch Turner

The DLC campaign just finished. Here's S0L thought on it all:

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7698552

I look at this thread and wonder if it can go more than 4 posts without someone having an argument... tongue.png

Bear in mind that TB and other volunteers took this on in their free time and have done an amazing job of managing this and organising it. Give them a little respect chaps rather than dictating to them what they should do!

Anyway...

When I first laid down the gauntlet, I never expected this to get as big as it has... Not only has this been an amazing response from the community, it's also attracted lots of mainstream coverage. Much more than I expected! I didn't do this - you all did this. Through the love, passion and rallying calls of the fans, this has become a much bigger event than I ever expected.

So well done! It's been incredible to watch (even the arguing!).

What will happen next then...

First...

Originally I set the 'three characters over 1000 votes' rule to help you understand how hard it is to work with restrictions. It's not simple to work with a limited number of characters - and going on the argument on what to do with the final scores - I think you may all appreciate this a little more...

However... I will take all the characters over 1000 votes. I know there has been heavy campaigning to get those characters over that hurdle so take this as recognition of that effort.

Next...

I will need to work with the team who have collated all the votes to make sure the data is all above board. For me to be able to present this, I also need to be certain it's completely valid. This will take some time, not least as it's midnight on a Saturday night right now for me tongue.png

Once we've verified the votes, I'll create a post with what we consider the accurate and final scores are. If we see there is rampant cheating on any character - well - then that'll be interesting. Right now I'm not sure what we'll do if that is the case - let us do the verification and we'll take it from there.

Next...

Well this is where it gets interesting for me tongue.png

I will organise and present the data to SEGA. As I've said right from the very start, I can't and won't promise anything at this stage. Adding anything to the game costs a significant amount of money for creation and testing and release.

But... we know they've been watching. I think they're also a little surprised about how big a response we've seen.

And that's it for now. I would like to thank again everyone who has been involved for making this as memorable as it has been, especially the fans who've picked up my gauntlet and absolutely run with it. Hopefully... I can use this data and we'll all see something exciting as a result!

---

S0L

---

For those of you following at SSMB, that bolded part means 7 characters instead of three will be suggested. They are:

* Ryo Hazuki

* Segata Sanshiro

* Miku

* Vectorman

* Bayonetta

* Ristar

* Toejam & Earl

Edited by FourCartridge
  • Thumbs Up 8

The DLC campaign just finished. Here's S0L thought on it all:

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7698552

For those of you following at SSMB, that bolded part means 7 characters instead of three will be suggested. They are:

* Ryo Hazuki

* Segata Sanshiro

* Miku

* Vectorman

* Bayonetta

* Ristar

* Toejam & Earl

GLORIOUS VICTORY

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm sure Ryo would be ok but, the rest could be tough to get through. Damnit do I want all of those, except for Miku, though.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome

I can guarantee that SEGATA will not be in this game as DLC.

Also.. I thought ToeJam and Earl had some licensing issues or something?

I bet Vectorman will be DLC, Sumo already did and tested 3D models, according to S0L some months ago. I also bet Ryo will be in too, S0L seems to like him, besides, everybody praise this guy, and I can see why, Shenmue is one of the best and most complete games ever made, not only for the DC. The third character, I would be ok with Toejam & Earl, Segata or even Miku.

Edited by Jingle

Dear Sumo, somebody noticed this in the promotion thread.

lookitsdanica.jpg

danica-hot-wheel-600.jpg

The tires are in the wrong place in game!

So S0L accepted the whole thing? Pfft, fair enough; i really don't know where this will be going, but as long as one of the characters in that list will be DLC it will mean a difference.

Dear Sumo, somebody noticed this in the promotion thread.

The tires are in the wrong place in game!

This was noticed back in SEGA Forums way back when the shots were leaked. It's not the Danicar; it broke some of the design rules for vehicles(IIRC it was too long, people couldn't see Danica while driving, and it couldn't transform believably) so they just stuck two extra wheels to the vehicle they did make(it was originally gonna be a straight up Indycar).

Shenmue is one of the best and most complete games ever made

Except part 3 lol.

That's a fine selection of characters right there, I'd be more than happy if even one of those made it as DLC (yeah, yeah... say what you want about Miku, she'd only benefit the game in the long run, as annoying as it'd be).

I suppose now we just play the waiting game to see if anything becomes of this...

Except part 3 lol.

That's a fine selection of characters right there, I'd be more than happy if even one of those made it as DLC (yeah, yeah... say what you want about Miku, she'd only benefit the game in the long run, as annoying as it'd be).

I suppose now we just play the waiting game to see if anything becomes of this...

Are we gonna have an article about this? People are getting confused about the results even in the SEGA Forums topic and I just posted them right here.

* Ryo Hazuki

* Segata Sanshiro

* Miku

* Vectorman

* Bayonetta

* Ristar

* Toejam & Earl

Is anyone else just slightly disapointed that out of Segas entire history. We just have the usual suspects?

Is anyone else just slightly disapointed that out of Segas entire history. We just have the usual suspects?

Eh, when it's generally agreed on that the roster that got in was a disappointment, it's to be expected really. Heck, replace Miku with Billy and that could have passed for a random article on "who REALLY should have made SART".

* Ryo Hazuki

* Segata Sanshiro

* Miku

* Vectorman

* Bayonetta

* Ristar

* Toejam & Earl

SICK. Both characters I voted for got in! Honestly, I'd buy all of those if they came out.

Nope. Realistically, just about anyone and everyone else is way to freakin obscure to even consider. Even now, only Miku, Ryo, and Bayonetta are the only well known characters on that list as far as games/entertainment are concerned. I'd wager if there could only be one character in the end, and it would be based on marketability and likelihood to bring sales, then Bayonetta would get it.

Edited by Aqua Buster
  • Thumbs Up 1

A problem that SUMO even ran into is that characters that nobody knows really don't fit in. If you noticed, the game in its current state are full of Modern characters that many know and love.

Suggesting something like x character from this one game on the MEGADrive probably isn't going to appeal to anybody. I'm sure people would rather have their favorite character that was excluded (Ryo for example) instead of some random SEGA character. I do see the point that it does reach out to the far depths of SEGA's history your way, but we have to compare with whats more practical.

Also, keep in mind that picking an obscure character would probably a very bad business decision for SEGA. Who the hell would want to spend up to 5 dollars on a character that they don't care about? Now throw in Bayonetta and people will become interested.