Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I think Sumo should use all their money to buy Banjo and make him PS3 exclusive ;D

Edited by Jingle
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's different for several reasons. The first being that the TF characters shouldn't necessarily be PC exclusive considering how they've had a game released on all the consoles that this game supports (besides WII U). Second being that the characters are on the disc (Banjo wasn't on the PS3 disc). Finally (excluding Miis, which are the Nintendo version of the Avatars anyway) at least there was a version that had all the characters on the game.

The TF2 on consoles is pretty incomplete. It's basically a demo compared to the amount of updates the PC version has had. Valve doesn't make money off of it anymore, and they're not going to make a deal with SUMO/SEGA if it's not going to encourage players to get the game on Steam, because on Steam, Valve is going to get a cut of the proft from sales. The whole reason this promo even exists is to get sales going on the PC, which both Valve and Sega can benefit the most from.

The PC version of the game is coming out later than the other ones, so having the extra content is essential in promoting it. If you'd like to know more about SEGA's relationship with Valve, read this.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sega-shares-steam-strategies/0106859

The characters are on the disc, but they're just leftovers. Banjo wasn't on the PS3 disc because of exclusitivity issues with the character belonging to a rival platform, but as you have said, TF2 isn't only on PC, and them simply being on the disc probably isn't a breech in the agreement, as long as the promotion remains PC exclusive.

I don't know what point you're trying to make with that last sentence. Excluding Miis and Avatars, the PC version looks like it's going to be the one with the most content, so it's pretty much a repeat of what happened to the 360 version last time.

For the record I wouldn't have a problem with them being on all consoles; I love TF2 and I want it to get as much exposure as possible. But the fact remains that just because they're on the 360 disc doesn't mean releasing them is as simple as just putting up a download key, because there are other forces at work here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing people who don't want the last character spoiled aren't playing online then? Cause I went online a few times, and not only was it there (as a CPU controlled player mind), but it cut me off several times, shot me in the face during one of those times, and muscled me off the track or into other objects. All in the same race.

Needless to say, I don't like it very much XD

Yeah you are going to get spoiled anyway if you go online. Even I saw

Alex Kidd

the other day.

Yeah you are going to get spoiled anyway if you go online. Even I saw

Alex Kidd

the other day.

That was most likely me =p

• Thumbs Up 1

The TF2 on consoles is pretty incomplete. It's basically a demo compared to the amount of updates the PC version has had. Valve doesn't make money off of it anymore, and they're not going to make a deal with SUMO/SEGA if it's not going to encourage players to get the game on Steam, because on Steam, Valve is going to get a cut of the proft from sales. The whole reason this promo even exists is to get sales going on the PC, which both Valve and Sega can benefit the most from.

The PC version of the game is coming out later than the other ones, so having the extra content is essential in promoting it. If you'd like to know more about SEGA's relationship with Valve, read this.

http://www.mcvuk.com...ategies/0106859

The characters are on the disc, but they're just leftovers. Banjo wasn't on the PS3 disc because of exclusitivity issues with the character belonging to a rival platform, but as you have said, TF2 isn't only on PC, and them simply being on the disc probably isn't a breech in the agreement, as long as the promotion remains PC exclusive.

I don't know what point you're trying to make with that last sentence. Excluding Miis and Avatars, the PC version looks like it's going to be the one with the most content, so it's pretty much a repeat of what happened to the 360 version last time.

For the record I wouldn't have a problem with them being on all consoles; I love TF2 and I want it to get as much exposure as possible. But the fact remains that just because they're on the 360 disc doesn't mean releasing them is as simple as just putting up a download key, because there are other forces at work here.

I'm not saying they will be on. I'm saying they should be on. What I was saying is that the Mii's and Avatar's are essentially the same character, as far as I'm aware neither are on the PC version.

And if they have permission from Valve to use them for the console versions, then it really is just a case of releasing an unlock key.

I bet Vectorman will be DLC, Sumo already did and tested 3D models, according to S0L some months ago.

Now where do people get all this Information from? Was Sumo really that open about their development history here on the forums? (or elsewhere) I missed all of that stuff.

I'm not saying they will be on. I'm saying they should be on. What I was saying is that the Mii's and Avatar's are essentially the same character, as far as I'm aware neither are on the PC version.

And if they have permission from Valve to use them for the console versions, then it really is just a case of releasing an unlock key.

But they shouldn't be on, because it doesn't make sense business-wise. Having them be exclusive to the PC version means more PC sales, which they're going to need.

And they probably don't have permission from Valve, so it's not as simple as releasing an unlock key.

Edited by Solly

But they shouldn't be on, because it doesn't make sense business-wise. Having them be exclusive to the PC version means more PC sales, which they're going to need.

And they probably don't have permission from Valve, so it's not as simple as releasing an unlock key.

Ladies, is this not why the Team Fortress racer was born? :P

Now where do people get all this Information from? Was Sumo really that open about their development history here on the forums? (or elsewhere) I missed all of that stuff.

The Q&A thread on SEGA Forums. Heck, they even told us what was the deal with that

Chicken Leg

video a while back.

They were from a dumped Wii U minigame where someone played as Gillius wrangling them

Edited by FourCartridge

SOL... Idk if this actually concerns you, but I'll mention your name anyways....

So after 30+ hours of gameplay, Every character and Mod, every world tour star, every expert cup beaten, over 7 top 10 Time trials, almost all stickers and all but 3 achievements (more on that later), my data gets corrupt! I now have 0 unlocked characters, 0 minutes of gameplay, and 0 of 30 hours of my life back. I'm so frustrated I could pull my hair out. The thing I don't understand is, I never shut the system before I get all the way back to the title screen, so HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? UGHHHHHH.

Now for the achievements: The two achievements which involve playing 4 people in local play, don't work. I had 4 people playing on 1 console, and we got 1,2,3 and 4. Neither of the achievements were awarded, so Idk how to get them. Thanks for your time.

Now for the achievements: The two achievements which involve playing 4 people in local play, don't work. I had 4 people playing on 1 console, and we got 1,2,3 and 4. Neither of the achievements were awarded, so Idk how to get them. Thanks for your time.

House party of the dead must be done in either a world tour event or a single race. Custom race which I imagine is what you're doing it in won't unlock.

Team Sonic can only be done online against human players.

House party of the dead must be done in either a world tour event or a single race. Custom race which I imagine is what you're doing it in won't unlock.

Team Sonic can only be done online against human players.

Hmm, well then I guess I shouldn't have Team Sonic, but I tried it in both Customs games and Single Race and I didn't get it. Weird.

I got house party to pop in a world tour event, didn't matter that the 3 other players got a DNF.

I was wondering if there are stickers to go with those. Because, good lord I do like collecting these stickers on the Wii U version and, well...ffffuck those achievements/trophies are hard to organize.

I was wondering if there are stickers to go with those. Because, good lord I do like collecting these stickers on the Wii U version and, well...ffffuck those achievements/trophies are hard to organize.

...I fail to see the difference.

I must say that the local multiplayer is freaking awesome. Even the racers who lose atrociously in a game have a lot of fun with this game.

If only the online multiplayer was a lil better

Edited by Christmas NiGHTS

I must say that the local multiplayer is freaking awesome. Even the racers who lose atrociously in a game have a lot of fun with this game.

If only the online multiplayer was A LOT better

fix'd

...I fail to see the difference.

Wii U doesn't have achievements but, it has the stickers. What I'm saying does the achievement correlate to a sticker? I know not all go hand-in-hand.

Wii U doesn't have achievements but, it has the stickers. What I'm saying does the achievement correlate to a sticker? I know not all go hand-in-hand.

Some do, but most of them are just in-game challenges that reward you with stickers.

Do the online have a lot of problem? i just know my cousin just came at my home and played online, was looking fun to play on it.

Your mileage may vary right now. Sometimes things go off without a hitch, other times you get really weird track glitches and lag that makes you get a DNF (did not finish), when the game was telling you that you were like 1st or 2nd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do the online have a lot of problem? i just know my cousin just came at my home and played online, was looking fun to play on it.

Basically everyone online gets super spring syndrome, because the slightest knock or collision with another player online can sending you flying into a wall, straight back at actual full driving speeds or shunted off the track, you can't turn the spammy A.I off either unless you literally have 10 human players in the lobby, otherwise the remaining spaces are filled with crap A.I who go out of their way to hunt you down, regardless of your overall position.

in short, yes Online is REALLY bad.

oh, well i will think to wait to get this one anyway. Lasted Racing game i really really enjoy was Mario Kart DS. but its favorite.

...you can't turn the spammy A.I off either unless you literally have 10 human players in the lobby, otherwise the remaining spaces are filled with crap A.I who go out of their way to hunt you down, regardless of your overall position.

That's not true. I played 2 online games, from matchmaking and it was just me and one other player in a race. I don't know how, but it's possible to not have A.I in your online game.

Stickers and achievements are the same. If you unlock a sticker, you unlock the achievement with the same requirements. It's even better than stickers, because at least your friends can see all of your earned achievements while for stickers, your friends can only see 3 that you put on your license card.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana