Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

A problem that SUMO even ran into is that characters that nobody knows really don't fit in. If you noticed, the game in its current state are full of Modern characters that many know and love.

Suggesting something like x character from this one game on the MEGADrive probably isn't going to appeal to anybody. I'm sure people would rather have their favorite character that was excluded (Ryo for example) instead of some random SEGA character. I do see the point that it does reach out to the far depths of SEGA's history your way, but we have to compare with whats more practical.

Also, keep in mind that picking an obscure character would probably a very bad business decision for SEGA. Who the hell would want to spend up to 5 dollars on a character that they don't care about? Now throw in Bayonetta and people will become interested.

? I see no modern characters in this game at all. What, are you considering Dreamcast a next-gen console? tongue.png Yes, there are some franchises who are in next-gen consoles today, but none of them already started on one. What you said really confuses me =S

Am I nobody? Weird. I thought it would appeal to Sega fans. The game is doing well with the current roster, if the DLC bring 'obscure' characters, nobody will be forced to buy. It would be most likely to please the hardcore fans this time. Of course Sumo and Sega would have to make some research to see who of these characters will sell most, or else they would be wasting money. But considering that the game is selling well (2nd on UK PSN Top 10), there won't be a problem in bringing some obscure characters, even if they don't sell as much as wanted. But yes, Ryo = cash biggrin.png

Wouldn't mind Bayonetta, but why just her would get people interested? Do you think that gamers are young people only? I for example rather having Vectorman from 1995 than Bayonetta from 2009 XD

Edited by Jingle

As much as I love Miku, and for her to get in (yay!), I'll eat my hat if she becomes a DLC character.

Guys, let's be realistic now. If this game will support DLC, it is clear that SEGA will push characters that people would easily buy, so expect AT LEAST 1 more Sonic character. Silver or Blaze are the most plausible picks, mostly Blaze beeing a new female entry (and they also have her model from Tennis)

I'd expect Billy Hatcher too, considering his name found in the game code, as well as his total absence from his releated stage and the presence of all his pals. He appeals to kids, and they have his full model from previous game.

then, looking at the poll results, Ryo Hazuki has the strongest chance of beeing an actual DLC racer, due to the fact they already have his model, and the huge amount of people wanting him.

I'm not sure about Segata and Miku (I don't really mind them ), they might consider Bayonetta and Vectorman though. Bayonetta is a female character, and could promote Bayonetta 2, while Vectorman seems to be a fan favourite.

Leave all the Miku hate at the door please, i don't want a repeat of another Member who used to kick up a riot about it every time she was brought up, and i don't really call "rallying support from Vocaloid fans" cheating in the slightest, since they still went out of their ways to promote the ENTIRE POLL and not just highlight Miku as the only choice, you can bet your ass that some of those voters, upvoted your precious Segata or Ryo too to help them break the top spot.

*sigh*

Glad Bayo made it past 1000 before the gauntlet closed, and reeeeally pleased Vectorman got so much support, I'm bummed out that Sketch Turner didn't get as much support but hey, imagine a Sketch Turner inspired stage? racing through an ever changing comic book world with Mortamus' giant hand reaching in and sketching up hazards for racers haha, would be awesome.

Would love to hear Sketch's superhero "OOOOH YEEEEAH!" too, that shit is Nostalgic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Leave all the Miku hate at the door please, i don't want a repeat of another Member who used to kick up a riot about it every time she was brought up, and i don't really call "rallying support from Vocaloid fans" cheating in the slightest, since they still went out of their ways to promote the ENTIRE POLL and not just highlight Miku as the only choice, you can bet your ass that some of those voters, upvoted your precious Segata or Ryo too to help them break the top spot.

lol no they didn't at all! Do I need to get the links to the various Miku fansites to prove this... again.

Anyway I for one almost hope she does get made, just because then we'll have an extra 2000+ people suddenly buying both the game and the dlc. Thats whats going to happen right?

I was surprised it wasn't all Sonic characters smile.png

As am I, it's just that if you look at Segas history and all the characters who might have made for some amazing designs, theres just tons of content that blows the choices out of the water.

I wish SUMO would give us some word on if/when Football Manager, Shogun and by extension Team Fortress will be available for the 360 (and other versions of the game that get DLC). They're right there on the disc, it's like SUMO has a ton of money coming to them when they make them available as DLC.My money is waiting for you SUMO!

Edited by TheAnvil

I wish SUMO would give us some word on if/when Football Manager, Shogun and by extension Team Fortress will be available for the 360 (and other versions of the game that get DLC). They're right there on the disc, it's like SUMO has a ton of money coming to them when they make them available as DLC.My money is waiting for you SUMO!

Spoilers? Geez.

woop.

Edited by Super Snowiko

Anvil, spoiler-tag dat shit.

You had a post before that was edited for not using spoiler tags. C'mon, man.

And Team Fortress is never showing up on consoles. I mean the first two have a shot, being SEGA franchises and all, but TF will remain a PC exclusive. I'll eat my shoe if they don't.

Edit: Thank you.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't worry, that "certain" member is banned. I'm kinda glad he is, I'm tired of that member making vile comments about things and characters he doesn't like.

lol no they didn't at all! Do I need to get the links to the various Miku fansites to prove this... again.

Anyway I for one almost hope she does get made, just because then we'll have an extra 2000+ people suddenly buying both the game and the dlc. Thats whats going to happen right?

It is going to happen I think. Hatsune Miku hasn't made an appearance in the West yet, and this game will be Miku's first appearance in the West.

People will buy the game just to play her.

• Thumbs Up 1

How is that a spoiler? The game's been out for ages and the roster has been known since then.

I also don't see how having TF on it would be absurd, they're on the disc and TF2 was released for the 360 and PS3.

Edited by TheAnvil

I think it is way too early to say "she will" but it's definitely not off the cards until Sumo & SEGA say she is.

How is that a spoiler? The game's been out for ages and the roster has been known since then.

> Ages

> a little over 2 weeks

ok.

Because there are people who have been deliberately avoiding this stuff as to not ruin the surprise. Even if you don't care, and I certainly don't, there are people who do. We have a spoiler topic going on for this very reason.

So please, instead of making excuses, just edit your post and put it in spoiler tags.

Edit: yes, I see that you did put them in tags. Thank you.

I also don't see how having TF on it would be absurd, they're on the disc and TF2 was released for the 360 and PS3.

Because whenever TF2 does cross-promotions, it works like this.

• People buy the game, in this case, Transformed, on Steam.
  • People who own the game, and a copy of Team Fortress 2 get items related to the game in TF2.
  • The console version of TF2 is no longer supported.

It's incentive to purchase on Steam. They're probably just left over on the 360 disc and weren't meant to be played on that version of the game.

Edited by Solly

For those of you following at SSMB, that bolded part means 7 characters instead of three will be suggested. They are:

* Ryo Hazuki

* Segata Sanshiro

* Miku

* Vectorman

* Bayonetta

* Ristar

* Toejam & Earl

...No Opa-Opa...

Rage1.jpg

Wait, Vectorman could possibly be in the game, so I'm happy. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really see any of that being an issue.

-The PC version would still maintain its exclusivity with all the extra stuff you'd get for owning both through Steam.

-It would mean more promotion for the game AND Team Fortress

-It wouldn't require additional cost beyond releasing an unlock code, which they would easily make back through releasing the character.

-The PC version would still maintain its exclusivity with all the extra stuff you'd get for owning both through Steam.

-It wouldn't require additional cost beyond releasing an unlock code, which they would easily make back through releasing the character.

But WHY would we get PC exclusive content, on home consoles when it's PC EXCLUSIVE? it'd lose it's EXCLUSIVE-NESS and just be "DLC" Clearly Sumo has something planned for Shogun and Football Manager, they just aren't willing to spill the beans just yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

By the way, S0L, you said that Vectorman would be a cameo in this game, right after deconfirming him as a racer! Where's him? Are you hiding something, huuuuuuum?

Perhaps Vectorman is already almost done, when the challenge was set, S0L already knew he would made into the top 5, so releasing him as DLC will be better for them!

/conspiracy theories.

I'm bummed out that Sketch Turner didn't get as much support but hey, imagine a Sketch Turner inspired stage? racing through an ever changing comic book world with Mortamus' giant hand reaching in and sketching up hazards for racers haha, would be awesome.

Would love to hear Sketch's superhero "OOOOH YEEEEAH!" too, that shit is Nostalgic.

Oh YES, YES, right there, YES! That was my first idea when I thought in a Comix Zone track, imagine going through different sections across pages! And Sketch's car could be something like a paper airplane, boat and car. Or a vehicle shapped like a rat, Roadkill!

By the way, S0L, you said that Vectorman would be a cameo in this game, right after deconfirming him as a racer! Where's him? Are you hiding something, huuuuuuum?

Perhaps Vectorman is already almost done, when the challenge was set, S0L already knew he would made into the top 5, so releasing him as DLC will be better for them!

/conspiracy theories.

Oh YES, YES, right there, YES! That was my first idea when I thought in a Comix Zone track, imagine going through different sections across pages! And Sketch's car could be something like a paper airplane, boat and car. Or a vehicle shapped like a rat, Roadkill!

Or his vehicle could be called Roadkill ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

-Except why would Valve ever advocate owning a different version of Transformed than the one on their service?

- It's true that it would get more exposure but pretty much everybody who plays PC games knows of TF2 anyway. Hell, the game's free.

-It's not as simple as just releasing them as DLC because this has probably been worked out as a Steam-only promotion. As is the case with digitally distributed games, Valve will get a small cut of Steam sales for this. If you could get the content anywhere else, what's the point?

It's doubtful. Remember that Valve is trying to make money off of this too. This isn't just SUMO here.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

It'd still be free on the PC version, it would maintain it's exclusiveness due to it not being on the 360 version until it would be released as DLC. The 360 and Nintendo versions have really bad exclusive racers and the PC version shouldn't get an actual proper character as an exclusive.

Okay, I'm gonna have to stop you there.

If I recall correctly, you were perfectly fine with the idea of Banjo being a 360 only racer. You, and some other users here, LIKED the idea of one version getting more content than the other versions, because it would make one version of the game seem like the definitive. But now that it's on PC and not 360, you suddenly have a problem with this, thinking that the PC "shouldn't get an actual proper racer as an exclusive"? Was Banjo not a proper character?

That's bullshit, dude.

That's different for several reasons. The first being that the TF characters shouldn't necessarily be PC exclusive considering how they've had a game released on all the consoles that this game supports (besides WII U). Second being that the characters are on the disc (Banjo wasn't on the PS3 disc). Finally (excluding Miis, which are the Nintendo version of the Avatars anyway) at least there was a version that had all the characters on the game.