Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

and to add insult to injury Artfenix... Fuck You

i mained the Bonanza Brothers with their superior handling and great speed, i'll miss their mobster car so much...

*sniff*

• Thumbs Up 2

...someone insulted Opa Opa?

And the Bonanza Bros?

Those were brilliant games. You fucking dare diss Opa Opa and the Bonanza Bros.

l.jpg

Okay, wow. This has definitely attracted a bit of venom here. And I wasn't expecting THAT big backlash over Opa Opa. (then again, I wasn't expecting someone to diss Opa Opa either)

But I guess that's what happens when you want a game to do more pandering with well-known character than crafting it with the obscure ones alongside them. And how often has that been done in the gaming industry again?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Sorry...

So how about Gumm from Jet Set for a racer everyone? I may not have played Jet Set, but the characters weren't anything to scoff at.

• Thumbs Up 2

so...shouldn't the game be called

Sonic & Shitty Friends accompanied by even Shittier SEGA Characters no one remembers or cares about Racing Transformed

lmao i'm just messing biggrin.png

Fuck Sean, you're seriously some fucking cyber Ninja

or you're just Batman.

Edited by Peacock

Alrighty.

Hm, I wonder how Ristar will be as a playable character... I mean, at least as far as flying is concerned, he can go vehicle-less, but how will he be like on land and in the water?

ArtFenix does have a point though (even if it's a small one). To be honest, I've never heard of Opa Opa before I played All-Stars Racing. Bonanza Bros, I briefly knew about them when I was playing Ultimate Genesis Collection.

I'm not dissing them in any way, please try and understand that. I'm being very honest here, I've never heard or knew about Opa Opa until All-Stars Racing.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Alrighty.

Hm, I wonder how Ristar will be as a playable character... I mean, at least as far as flying is concerned, he can go vehicle-less, but how will he be like on land and in the water?

I'm pretty sure Sumo are making a Vehicle inspired by his game if anything, and i don't think him going vehicle-less for the flying sections make it fair on the other racers.

kinda like how the Bikes in the 1st game always had a one up over the rest of the racers with the ability to wheelie boost.

ArtFenix does have a point though (even if it's a small one). To be honest, I've never heard of Opa Opa before I played All-Stars Racing. Bonanza Bros, I briefly knew about them when I was playing Ultimate Genesis Collection.

I'm not dissing them in any way, please try and understand that. I'm being very honest here, I've never heard or knew about Opa Opa until All-Stars Racing.

yeah but you didn't know about them, doesn't exactly make them shitty if they're obscure SEGA references does it? shows Sumo did their homework and wanted to please both Retro and Modern fans, which was a smart move.

Edited by Peacock

There is a major difference in not knowing a character and outright calling them terrible for no rhyme or reason, citing their lack of popularity as an excuse as to why they shouldn't be in.

• Thumbs Up 2

But that's the Whole. Fucking. Point.

That's why they're around in the game. Just like how Nintendo decided to include Pit in Brawl when he was probably hardly even known by newer fans, or how those who made Thundercats 2011 decided to reinvigorate the series for newer fans who've barely even heard of it.

Someone not hearing about them isn't an excuse for why their inclusion should be given to another character that's more well known, nor is it a reason to call them terrible (if anything that's a shitty reason for it). Just like how Generations is made for Retro and Modern fans in mind, there's no excuse why this should be made for just one spectrum of fans.

EDIT: Now I'm just echoing here. sad.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Wow... Just WOW. I didn't expect that people at SSMB will fall so low to the point of direct insulting. I may not be right about characters like Opa opa (But then again, I can have my opinion, can't I? I'm not that into SEGA fanboism and I really didn't know anything about your sacred Opa Opa and Bonanza Bros before ASR) but calling me names... That wasn't very nice of you. That was fucking rude thank you very much.

This thread is too heated to express dislike so there's no point to continue. I leave.

Edited by ArtFenix

Whew, it's getting kinda heated. Let's lighten the mood, guys.

[media=]

Edited by SuperJXJ

Wow... Just WOW. I didn't expect that people at SSMB will fall so low to the point of direct insulting. I may not be right about characters like Opa opa (But then again, I can have my opinion, can't I? I'm not that into SEGA fanboism and I really didn't know anything about your sacred Opa Opa and Bonanza Bros before ASR) but calling me names... That wasn't very nice of you. That was fucking rude thank you very much.

I don't think you're doing yourself any service fanning the flames here. Granted that was very rude and maybe we could have gone with any insults, but some anvils needed to be dropped here.

But dude, if you think that's low, you haven't been around here in 2005. This is mild by comparison. Either way, just like I told Jango and plenty of other people, if you're going to have an opinion, you better be ready to expect some flack for it.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's wrong for them to insult, but what you said about Opa Opa and Bonanza Bros, gosh you were just asking for it. If you said Ulala was "shit" because you didn't know her before, I would have gone mad. There are fans here who like these characters whether you don't know them or not.

Besides this game is suppose to bring the Sega franchises together in one game, it's not all about Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

I don't think you're doing yourself any service fanning the flames here. Granted that was very rude and maybe we could have gone with any insults, but some anvils needed to be dropped here.

But dude, if you think that's low, you haven't been around here in 2005. This is mild by comparison. Either way, just like I told Jango and plenty of other people, if you're going to have an opinion, you better expect some flack for it.

I know, but that was too much flack to the point that I myself was tempted to call names. I know it won't do any good so I refrained.

Yeah, I wasn't here in 2005 but I was in 2006 and back then there was a "-" button and a lot of angry and rude people. Still, not very pleasant to hear things like that.

but what you said about Opa Opa and Bonanza Bros, gosh you were just asking for it. If you said Ulala was "shit" because you didn't know her before, I would have gone mad

So calling chars like Shadow, Silver or even Elise and Chris Thorndyke shitty is OK, but calling the ones I mentioned is strongly prohibited? Double standards? I may have been a bit too harsh on them but it's still my opinion that I don't like them, I don't like how they look, I don't know them and I don't care about them.

Ulala is OK I guess))).

Besides this game is suppose to bring the Sega franchises together in one game, it's not all about Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends.

I know. I just said that I'd rather have more Sonic characters than those whom I don't even know or don't like. That's just my opinion whether you like it or not and whether it's the poing of the game or not.

Agree, I was called a c*** here on my birthday, suck it up.

Sweet Jesus...

Edited by ArtFenix

But dude, if you think that's low, you haven't been around here in 2005. This is mild by comparison. Either way, just like I told Jango and plenty of other people, if you're going to have an opinion, you better be ready to expect some flack for it.

Agree, I was called a c*** here on my birthday, suck it up.

EDIT: Er, forgot. Sorry.

This thread is too heated to express dislike so there's no point to continue. I leave.

Just read all of the posts starting from your Opa-Opa post. I'm sorry, but I didn't see anyone calling you names, unless CSS being tempted to call you a retard counts.

Anyway, even if you don't like a character, it doesn't mean others won't.

• Thumbs Up 3

So calling chars like Shadow, Silver or even Elise and Chris Thorndyke shitty is OK, but calling the ones I mentioned is strongly prohibited? Double standards? I may have been a bit too harsh on them but it's still my opinion that I don't like them, I don't like how they look, I don't know them and I don't care about them.

Ulala is OK I guess))).

You called them "shit" because you never heard of them before. That's a downright silly excuse.You know about Chris Thorndyke, Elise, Silver and Shadow so if you don't like them, you don't like them. Whether it's their behavior, their voice, their background whatever.

But to call these characters shit because you never heard of them...

Stop.

I'm going to go ahead and quote this since it was buried at the end of the last page.

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 9

I like Opa-Opa a lot but I really don't give a shit about the Bonanza Bros to be honest. Everyone's different, man. :\

I know some people wouldn't be even slightly upset if Ulala was removed, but it would absolutely crush me if she was.

That's my girl.

• Thumbs Up 3

Jeez, this thread is one argument after the other

That is NO excuse.

And they weren't so much forgettable than they are with little focus since Sega hasn't exactly pumped as much resources as they have for Sonic. I can't even recall when the last Super Monkey Ball game was, and they could definitely go for having more Jet Set Radio (A game I have yet to play) characters in the last racing game.

One is coming out this Summer for Vita, and one came out early last year around the time of the 3DS' launch ;<;

Edited by Cero