Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

This is an absurd comparison because Rouge is a hilarious big-headed cartoon animal whereas Bayonetta is a purely fetishistic woman.

And they're both characters that are made with a degree of sex appeal. How in the world that never came to you is something to be questioned, as if Rouge's shapely body never registered anything at all.

And you guys know I can't leave something like this alone without saying anything...

As for Sonic chars, I do agree that we should get only the importants: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy, Metal Sonic and the Chaotix (they surely can put the 3 on the same vehicle).

I find it funny that you name those as the "importants" when only 3 of those characters (Sonic, Tails, and Eggman) have had any major importance in recent years whereas 2 of those (Metal and the Chaotix) haven't had anywhere near as much of a major importance throughout this series' entire lifetime, game-wise.

Especially regarding the Chaotix. Cool as they may be, but you can gleam quite a bit of detail to know that "importance" was hardly the reason you included them on your list in the first place when they've been given mostly minor roles after Heroes.

If you want to talk about a character's importance, base that on their merits an not their seniority or your preference of them dude. And that's before realizing that their importance in the series is probably irrelevant as far as selection goes.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find it funny that you name those as the "importants" when only 3 of those characters (Sonic, Tails, and Eggman) have had any major importance in recent years whereas 2 of those (Metal and the Chaotix) haven't had anywhere near as much of a major importance throughout this series' entire lifetime, game-wise.

Especially regarding the Chaotix. Cool as they may be, but you can gleam quite a bit of detail to know that "importance" was hardly the reason you included them on your list in the first place when they've been given mostly minor roles after Heroes.

If you want to talk about a character's importance, base that on their merits an not their seniority or your preference of them dude. And that's before realizing that their importance in the series is probably irrelevant as far as selection goes.

My point was in the tangent, I said pick only "the importants", to the game could feature more characthers from OTHERS franchises, and not only a Sonic's birthday party.

Besides, it's about time the Chaotix make a comeback, they return in Heroes was very well welcomed, and I want to see the Detectives in action again. And even if Knux and Amy being a little off recently, they belong to the most knowed era, the classic. Most of the chars pos-Adventure are annoying and unoriginal, especially the one named Silver.

If Sumo really get all the feedback, we will probaly have all the fucking characthers from the Sonic's franchise, but the game isn't about the Sonic's franchise only, that's why they should stick with the most knowed by people.

Edited by Jango

And they're both characters that are made with a degree of sex appeal. How in the world that never came to you is something to be questioned, as if Rouge's shapely body never registered anything at all.

No it didn't actually because I'm not a furry.

Comparing Rouge's sexuality to Bayonetta's is like comparing a knife to an atomic bomb.

My point was in the tangent, I said pick only "the importants", to the game could feature more characther from OTHER franchises.

And I'm saying some of those character don't even come close to being "the importants" regardless of whether they're from other franchise or so.

Besides, it's about time the Chaotix back, they return in Heroes was very well welcomed, and I want to see the Detectives in action again.

That's a very weak justification for them the be more involved. Remember what I said about merits.

And if anything, their return was more unexpected, but for what it's worth outside the Sonic Fandom they've been put into the "Sonic Shitty Friends" list along side all the other characters there.

And even if Knux and Amy being a little off recently, they belong to the most knowed era, the classic. Most of the chars pos-Adventure are annoying and unoriginal, especially the one named Silver.

Get off that Classic high horse because Generations should have already gotten to you by now that they don't consider the Classic to be the "most knowed" era. They wouldn't have bothered labeling those eras or making the game if they didn't consider them just as important.

And as for the others being " unoriginal", if you're going to hate something, do it accurately because there's not a whole lot out their that's original these days. And "Annoying"? Well I'm not one to be the judge for someone else's likings, but I can say that's a very weak reason for why others wouldn't be considered either.

If Sumo really get all the feedback, we will probaly have all the fucking characther from the Sonic's franchise, but the game isn't about the Sonic's franchise only, that's why they should stick with the most knowed by people.

Well the Chaotix definitely don't qualify with that, and Metal Sonic would be more of a special case. I would expect Shadow to have a much bigger chance of getting in if they're going by those which are the most well known by people. And this is without saying that Sumo stuck Big the Cat in of all characters in the previous All Star racing; now tell me how well known he is to people?

Couldn't give half a rats ass if you're a furry or not, but I'm surprised that you didn't even bother considering the fact that Rouge's hourglass body would have shown some sexuality there.

Comparing Rouge's sexuality to Bayonetta's is like comparing a knife to an atomic bomb.

Well both a knife and an atomic bomb can kill you, if you want to talk about comparisons here. But regardless that's being a bit foolish here.

Yeah, one is cartoony and the other isn't, but aside from that they both have large breasts and a curvy body. If you can't see that OBVIOUS relation, then I can't help you see any further. Hell, me pointing out these baseline elements says a lot about you denying them with very little support against it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sure thing, big blue.

I mean I guess Rouge is cute and funny but

Couldn't give half a rats ass if you're a furry or not, but I'm surprised that you didn't even bother considering the fact that Rouge's hourglass body would have shown some sexuality there.

Now THAT'S a ridiculous, because that is no where near true. Even an Anti-Furry could see how stupid that is.

...you know what, I don't find this conversation worth continuing with you.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I mean I guess Rouge is cute and funny but

...you know what, I don't find this conversation worth continuing with you.

Fine by me, but others will just say the same thing I said if you carry it elsewhere.

And for what it's worth, I toned that post down just a bit, in case I was offending you.

• Thumbs Up 1

And I'm saying some of those character don't even come close to being "the importants" regardless of whether they're from other franchise or so.

Please, describes how Silver, Blaze, Rouge are more important than the chars I mentioned.

Knux: active or inactive, he holds a big amount of fans, and belongs to Team Sonic, his debut was in Sonic 3, the biggest Mega Drive game.

Amy: she is Sonic's girlfriend and the girl char with most fans, that's all.

Metal Sonic: he IS Metal Sonic.

That's a very weak justification for them the be more involved. Remember what I said about merits.

What merit does Rouge has? WOW, she has breasts. What merit does Blaze has? She is a char from a game that started the downfall of Sonic's series (even enjoying Rush), and she's also in 2006, do I have to say more? What merit does Silver had? IT'S NO USE, TAKE THIS and HOW 'BOUT THIS.

And if anything, their return was more unexpected, but for what it's worth outside the Sonic Fandom they've been put into the "Sonic Shitty Friends" list along side all the other characters there.

Basically all the characther besides Sonic, Tails and Eggman are considered shitty friends, but I'm sure that the Chaotix are the less shitty here.

Get off that Classic high horse because Generations should have already gotten to you by now that they don't consider the Classic to be the "most knowed" era. They wouldn't have bothered labeling those eras or making the game if they didn't consider them just as important.

That isn't valid, the game represents 20 years of Sonic, even if they don't wanted, they had to add them. I still hold my word: "the classic era is the most knowed".

And as for the others being " unoriginal", if you're going to hate something, do it accurately because there's not a whole lot out their that's original these days. And "Annoying"? Well I'm not one to be the judge for someone else's likings, but I can say that's a very weak reason for why others wouldn't be considered either.

Weak?... So is your reason too.

Well the Chaotix definitely don't qualify with that, and Metal Sonic would be more of a special case. I would expect Shadow to have a much bigger chance of getting in if they're going by those which are the most well known by people. And this is without saying that Sumo stuck Big the Cat in of all characters in the previous All Star racing; now tell me how well known he is to people?

I agree with Shadow, that's why I said maybe. Metal Sonic is on fire this years. About Big, well dang, I'm don't know, maybe it was a joke.

Edited by Jango

Please, describes how Silver, Blaze, Rouge are more important than the chars I mentioned.

I'm not, because they aren't. Especially when I never said they were, and even more so when you consider what I said about merits.

Amy: she is Sonic's girlfriend and the girl char with most fans, that's all.

No she is NOT Sonic's girlfriend and you know it. She's self-proclaimed, but that's just her who thinks so. Sonic tends to avoid her for the most part when she's being a fangirl.

And the character with the most female Sonic fans would likely Blaze considering her merits. A bigger action girl than Amy and Rouge, and the only female Sonic character with a Super Form tends to do a lot for her, believe it or not. She may not have been the most important when you consider the stuff I said, but she is a fairly popular character. Not that I'm expecting her to be in this game

Metal Sonic: he IS Metal Sonic.

And? I could make that same claim for any other character, like Shadow or Blaze, and it would be just as weak a point to make.

What merit Rouge does has? WOW, she has breasts. What merit does Blaze has? She is a char from a game that started the downfall of Sonic's series (even enjoying Rush), and she's also in 2006, do I have to say more? What merit does Silver had? IT'S NO USE, TAKE THIS and HOW 'BOUT THIS.

Okay, dude. Before I even address this, what the fuck is your problem here? None of that is even necessary, and if you're going to have an attitude, I suggest you take it elsewhere.

Basically all the characther besides Sonic, Tails and Eggman are considered shitty friends, but I'm sure that the Chaotix are the less shitty here.

They're not really, to the more hardcore gaming crowd at least. If anything they're just shitty by association outside the fandom. Gamers don't exactly look at this series very maturely when it comes to certain characters. Beyond that, it's just as varied as in the fandom.

That isn't valid, the game represents 20 years of Sonic, even if they don't wanted, they had to add them. I still hold my word: "the classic era is the most knowed".

Oh come off it. You're only saying that to deny the other points and if anything that only proves my very point. The other eras are just as known, and Generations made that very case known to everyone who knows about it. You holding your word otherwise isn't going to change that and there's no way you can deny that.

Weak?... So is your reason too.

Dude, that honestly sounds like you said that out of spite of what I said against you.

Using a character's merits is hardly weak. It's the exact opposite actually, because it isn't basing it on something just because I or someone else likes it or not. A character being annoying to you is not a strong point for them not to be considered because it's completely irrelevant to whether the character will even be considered in the first place. Let me repeat this: Sumo chose Big the Cat to be playable in the previous All Star racing game and LOADS of fans and non-fans alike consider him annoying, so "annoying" probably isn't among the criteria of who does or doesn't get in.

I agree with Shadow, that's why I said maybe. Metal Sonic is on fire this years. About Big, well dang, I'm don't know, maybe it was a joke.

Metal is just as much of a maybe as Shadow considering their position, honestly. His most recent inclusion has been in Sonic 4, but considering everything else I said both characters may get in regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1

good lord what happened to this thread

Yeah if they did get in that would worry me. They were a lot more entertaining when they only sneezed, burped and occasionally said "jammin'". I've only watched a little bit of number 3 courtesy of Youtube but that was enough. I don't want to hate two of my favourite characters. =[

EDIT: Although I guess good voice actors/direction could probably remedy that.

Argh, my brother and I played that game when it came out and we had to turn the voices off because they never stopped. Sadly, that didn't stop the SOUL SISTERS from appearing EVERY LOADING SCREEN. Plus the game just felt lifeless without any voices.

Earl's voice actually wasn't too bad, but Toejam was insuferable, and they would both repeat the same few lines over and over. I think the biggest mistake was trying to make them relevant when in reality Toejam and Earl could never, ever be unironically cool.

If they were in SaAST I'd want to see them be more 90's for that reason. They've gotta be played for laughs.

Edited by Solly

Okay ChaosSupremeSonic, if even you can't say why they are important, why you bothering me about the chars I considered important in first place? Like it or not, I doubt that the pos-Adventure chars are more knowed and have a bigger amount of fans than the classics, seriously. Except for Shadow...

That seemed really pointless now, I'm not getting it.

Edited by Jango

Okay ChaosSupremeSonic, if you can't say why they are important,

Did you even read what I said on the specific characters you told me to explain as more important such as Blaze, Silver, and Rouge? Because I flat out told you, THEY'RE NOT!

I can explain what they're merits are, but that comment you made about them just reeks of disrespect, which is mainly why I asked what your problem was before I said anything on them.

why you bothering me about the chars I considered important in first place? That seemed really pointless now...

Because I feel you need to consider the reality of what you're saying, and part of what you said of it was out of touch. Metal Sonic being Metal Sonic is not being realistic over him being guaranteed to get in, and your opinion over Shadow is not being realistic in how his appearance is a "maybe", nor is whether the Chaotix needing to see some action a good reason for them to be included.

And above all, this goes without saying the a lot of what you said about the characters that have yet to have been confirmed may be irrelevant regardless. It doesn't matter whether they came from the Classic Era or not, because that won't stop other Sonic characters from getting it. It doesn't matter how well known the Classic Era is, because the other eras are just as known to everyone else out there. It doesn't matter whether you consider some of the other characters annoying or not because Sumo couldn't really care less whether you, me, or anyone else finds them annoying at all.

Can you understand what I'm saying here?

Edit:

Like it or not, I doubt that the pos-Adventure chars are more knowed and have a bigger amount of fans than the classics, seriously.

Find where I said these EXACT words and I'll give you a cookie.

As a bonus, I'll bake you a triple layered cake with your favorite flavors complete your name on it if you can prove and compare to me how big the amount of fans are in the Classics characters compared to the post-Adventure ones down to the exact figures on each character (I'll let the Chaotix be grouped as one if you want).

I'm being dead serious.

Did you even read what I said on the specific characters you told me to explain as more important such as Blaze, Silver, and Rouge? Because I flat out told you, THEY'RE NOT!

I can explain what they're merits are, but that comment you made about them just reeks of disrespect, which is mainly why I asked what your problem was before I said anything on them.

Because I feel you need to consider the reality of what you're saying, and part of what you said of it was out of touch. Metal Sonic being Metal Sonic is not being realistic over him being guaranteed to get in, and your opinion over Shadow is not being realistic in how his appearance is a "maybe", nor is whether the Chaotix needing to see some action a good reason for them to be included.

And above all, this goes without saying the a lot of what you said about the characters that have yet to have been confirmed may be irrelevant regardless. It doesn't matter whether they came from the Classic Era or not, because that won't stop other Sonic characters from getting it. It doesn't matter how well known the Classic Era is, because the other eras are just as known to everyone else out there. It doesn't matter whether you consider some of the other characters annoying or not because Sumo couldn't really care less whether you, me, or anyone else finds them annoying at all.

Can you understand what I'm saying here?

Nope, I still don't understand why you bothered in first place since you said these characther aren't more important, and I said they aren't! It's like agree disagreeing.

If nothing matters, why are you writing such big walls of text, hum? You know that is impossible to discuss about personal tastes and you started the shitstorm replying to my comment about the level of importance of Amy, Knux and the Chaotix, dude, c'mon, that was my opinion and I never asked you to agreed... :S

Edited by Jango

Nope, I still don't understand why you bothered in first place since you said these characther aren't more important, and I said they aren't! It's like agree disagreeing.

I find it odd when I just told you why I bothered in the first place in that very post and you still don't understand.

If anything matters, why are you writing such big walls of text, hum?

1) Because it's fun

2) Someone needed to tell you just that.

3) Any simpler and you'd miss important details.

4) I'm bored

Take your pick dude, I got more where that came from. These big walls of text are common here on the SSMB, as many will tell you. Is that really a problem?

You know that is impossible to discuss about personal tastes and you started the shitstorm replying to my comment about the level of importance of Amy, Knux and the Chaotix, dude, c'mon, that was my opnion...

There's not really a shitstorm here.

And also, having an opinion does not make you immune to criticism. If you don't want anyone to say anything to you about it, then don't say anything at all, otherwise expect criticism.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can we just chill out and drop it? I'm ready for more meaningful discussion instead of finger pointing.

Well if you can give us some meaningful discussion to go off of, that would be nice. Otherwise, I'm fine discussing who could possibly be in the character roster and why like we're doing right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Re: Bayonetta can't be in because she's got boobs and booty...

Who said this? No one ever said this.

Well if you can give us some meaningful discussion to go off of, that would be nice. Otherwise, I'm fine discussing who could possibly be in the character roster and why like we're doing right now.

Was actually aiming that at Psyco, but then your post made it before mine :V

Who said this? No one ever said this.

And I'd say her skin-tight leather catsuit is definitely much more risqué than Ulala's simple skirt or Rouge's cutesy heart-adorned clothes. She was created specifically to pander to Hideki Kamiya's sexual tastes. Have you forgotten she's naked across her back and her suit wedges right into her ass? I don't think that would fly in this game without changing the rating

Was actually aiming that at Psyco, but then your post made it before mine :V

What? I haven't said anything.

Re: Bayonetta can't be in because she's got boobs and booty...

*old man voice*

You young whipper-snappers don't know anything about no boobs and booty!

Back in my day, we had all sorts of T'n'A in our faces, and no one noticed. Back when we had the Thundercats and Cheetara's curvaceous body, or X-men with Storm wearing a swimsuit or Rouge in a skintight suit. Hell, Samus was in a bikini back when I first played Metroid.

And my god did you look at the rack on Ariel from the Little Mermaid? Why only Wonder Woman had a bigger chest than that, and she had such a great ass. And let's not forget about Candy Kong in DK64 and later games...my god would you look at that.

And no one gave a damn about it.

/oldman voice.

Oh wait, what's were we saying about sexual themes in children's games? tongue.png

EDIT: Oh my gosh, while writing this I thought we were still talking about Bayonetta. Nevermind.

I don't see the problem in going back into that discussion. biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 2

The whole purpose of my post was to talk about how Bayonetta would be toned down to the point of ridiculousness and thus would be a pointless inclusion because she'd be an entirely different character with none of the things that make her Bayonetta.

Brawl already had a T rating so of course they're going to let Samus's suit fly. This game's shooting for an E rating, E10 at most.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I honestly don't think a T rating is going to stop those under 13 from playing it, and even then it's not like this is a fighting game where you would pay that kind of mind to it.

Characterization can pretty much suck it regardless of who gets in, whether they came from an M rated game or an eC one. They toned down Snake in Brawl by only limiting him to explosives instead of firearms like pistols, so I don't see how they can't do that for any other game.

My god, the amount of sexuality ZZS had in that game...er, wait.

I honestly don't think a T rating is going to stop those under 13 from playing it, and even then it's not like this is a fighting game.

It doesn't matter whether you or an arbitrary handful of kids don't care. It's Sumo's job to care because ratings do have an effect.

Characterization can pretty much suck it regardless of who gets in, whether they came from an M rated game or an eC one.

Okay, then I completely disagree with you. I think it would be a disservice to the original games and their creators to just mindlessly shoehorn in whatever character at the cost of their established image. If they're going to just shovel in whatever character or franchise they want without any care put into it, then why would they bother doing stuff like consulting with the original staff that worked on, say, Panzer Dragoon for advice on the level's aesthetics?

Edited by PsychoJosh