Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

then that'll be 3 places taken straight up, and lets face it

No one wants to play as a solo Charmy :I

*Looks back at Generations and Heroes* Oh yeah....true (free bee) unsure.png , I guess one member of Team Chaotix is enough...I'd like to see Espio playable, I wouldn't mind if Vector was either. smile.png

Edited by C.J

then that'll be 3 places taken straight up, and lets face it

No one wants to play as a solo Charmy :I

True that.

Needs more Reala. Us NiGHTS fans should get SOMETHING for getting kicked in the balls with the last game.

Edited by HyperMetal

Needs more Reala. Us NiGHTS fans should get SOMETHING for getting kicked in the balls with the last game.

You guys get Nights himself....? Seems pretty fair. Double if there's a stage that goes with him.

Doesn't to me. I want Reala. I'd rather have more of everyone else than more Sonic, as if I'd ever play as anyone other than Sonic or Knuckles anyway.

Doesn't to me. I want Reala. I'd rather have more of everyone else than more Sonic, as if I'd ever play as anyone other than Sonic or Knuckles anyway.

Well sometimes we don't get what we want. that's the hard truth. You should be happy with what you get.(In this case even GETTING Nights)Seems better to just have Nights to me anyway. If we get Reala that takes up space for a different character. Doesn't have to be a Sonic character.(The only Sonic characters i'd want in the game are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Silver and Blaze. The chaotic would be a interesting twist.) Would i prefer less sonic in favor for more variety yes. But considering it's SONIC and all stars racing Seems pretty fair. I mean Sonic is Sega's money maker. They'd be nuts to have only like two Sonic characters. Edited by Sora

What the fuck are you, my mom? I'll feel however the hell I want about this game and its fucking roster. You can play as Silver, Blaze, and other ass characters if you want, but I'd prefer to have characters that I like than more senseless Sonic garbage. Yeah, Sonic's SEGA's moneymaker, but I highly doubt that Sonic's ROUSING SUCCESS is thanks to wonderful characters like Big the Cat and Silver the Hedgehog. On the other hand, I'd much rather have like...five Sonic characters and two for everyone else. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman: characters that have history and fucking matter. Shadow is completely irrelevant at this point, which is where Silver and Blaze are headed too, since Sonic Team's getting its head out of its ass.

I'm...just going to ignore that bit about Reala taking up a slot.

Where I do agree with you, however, is that the Chaotix would be fun. A stage based upon them (and Knuckles Chaotix) in general, would be fantastic.

Edited by HyperMetal

I highly doubt that Sonic's ROUSING SUCCESS is thanks to wonderful characters like Big the Cat and Silver the Hedgehog.

Sorry for sticking this out, but I wanted to raise a point about this actually.

It's not all about how successful the franchise is itself, it's the fact that the more casual crowd and the kiddies would probably be a lot more familiar with the Sonic cast compared to the others, which is probably why they are dominating the roster already. Sonic and his shitty friends have the most face time.

What the fuck are you, my mom? I'll feel however the hell I want about this game and its fucking roster. You can play as Silver, Blaze, and other ass characters if you want, but I'd prefer to have characters that I like than more senseless Sonic garbage. Yeah, Sonic's SEGA's moneymaker, but I highly doubt that Sonic's ROUSING SUCCESS is thanks to wonderful characters like Big the Cat and Silver the Hedgehog. On the other hand, I'd much rather have like...five Sonic characters and two for everyone else. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman: characters that have history and fucking matter. Shadow is completely irrelevant at this point, which is where Silver and Blaze are headed too, since Sonic Team's getting its head out of its ass.

I'm...just going to ignore that bit about Reala taking up a slot.

Where I do agree with you, however, is that the Chaotix would be fun. A stage based upon them (and Knuckles Chaotix) in general, would be fantastic.

Well I personally think Reala isn't worth a slot. that's just what I think. And I DID say that I would prefer less sonic characters in favor of more variety. The list of them i made was just characters I'd be interested in seeing. They don't all have to be in.(stupid sticky keyboard! It was I'd not I want.) Silver and Blaze are some pretty highly wanted Sonic Characters, so that's why they'd probably be in. How successful the certain characters in the series is a won't really matter if there is a lot of request for a certain character. also what xenos said.tongue.png And calm down a little dude. I was just Stating what I think in a peaceful manner. No need to go extreme. I don't agree with the Chaotix level though. Edited by Sora

Sorry for sticking this out, but I wanted to raise a point about this actually.

It's not all about how successful the franchise is itself, it's the fact that the more casual crowd and the kiddies would probably be a lot more familiar with the Sonic cast compared to the others, which is probably why they are dominating the roster already. Sonic and his shitty friends have the most face time.

I agree, but kiddies buying the game aren't going to be aware of the roster when buying it. In fact, odds are, said characters wouldn't even be unlocked from the start (most likely), so some kids wouldn't even ever see them. Kids see Sonic, maybe Tails, on the front, and go "WOO SONIC".

That's like saying Mario games are popular because of the Toads. Again, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm saying that if Sonic's on the front, that's all that matters. Once a child takes it off the shelf, that's a sell. Yeah, it's kinda mean, but I highly doubt any parent is going to take the game back because baby's favorite Silver isn't it.

Edited by HyperMetal

I honestly couldn't give any less of a shit about the character roster, Sonic's the only Sega franchise I care about, and if I end up buying this I'll probably spend all my time as Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to spend a lot of my time playing with Alex Kidd(in the dirty way!:P) I used him a lot in tennis and all stars racing.

Does anyone know what Vectorman's vehicle is? Is it just him contorted into one?

He's able to transform himself into whatever he needs (a buggy, a jet, a hovercraft).

But even if he isn't his own vehicle and drives one instead, I imagine he'll be driving a smaller, modular version of the Sludge Barge that he uses to dump toxic waste into the sun (see his Vectorman 2 intro).

• Thumbs Up 1

On the other hand, I'd much rather have like...five Sonic characters and two for everyone else. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman: characters that have history and fucking matter. Shadow is completely irrelevant at this point, which is where Silver and Blaze are headed too, since Sonic Team's getting its head out of its ass.

Not that I want too many Sonic characters myself, but what makes you think that Shadow is any less relevant than Knuckles and Amy? It's not like any recurring character other than Sonic, Tails and Eggman has had any significant spotlight in the last six years.

What i would love to see however is both ristar as a character and a track based of his game. Seriously ristar has the most beauiful aestethics ive ever seen for the a genesis game, or maybe any platformer period(yes better than sonic)

Lets also not forget the amazing soundtrack of ristar. If there is something im looking forward to the most, its the music accompanying the tracks.

I'm hoping for this myself. I'd be happy with any planet's inclusion (possibly leaning towards Freon and maybe Scorch); they're just so damn pretty and, like you said, have great music to accompany them.

Edited by Lungo

i don't think its down to what part a character has played in Sonic's gaming history but more so about the popularity of certain characters, Sumo knows cutting certain characters for this game is going to be like treading on eggshells, if they removed Shadow (who has an even bigger fanbase than Sonic believe it or not) then there definitely will be heads rolling, but cutting less popular characters like Big the Cat, and Zobio & Zobiko won't cause too much of a stir, i do agree with Metal though, i find when i play the original, i'm stuck for who to pick because most of the roster are sonic characters, and i wanted more none sonic people in the game to play as, so adding more sonic characters is just going to ruin it imo.

i think that the only Sonic characters i wish to be added to this game is Blaze and Metal Sonic, but i want every other character to be a more obscure IP like Vectorman or a fighting vipers character, Ristar, Sketch, NiGHTS/Reala something that'll trigger new players to think "oh.. never heard of this character before, i'll look into this series"

and since its Sumo Digital i will be very disappointed if an OutRun Stage or character/car doesn't make it into the final game.

i just hope they've done a deep dive into SEGA's past and not just picked the obvious obscure titles like Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon.

Hell add more Sonic characters but make it unexpected, like Tiara from Sonic Xtreme, the game that was cancelled, or even Honey's Cat mobian form that never made it into the final build of Sonic the Fighters, seriously wow us with how far they've dived into the past and prove to us they've done their research

Edited by Peacock

about obscure Sonic chars I'd rather see Fang, since he appeared in a racing game...that would "squash" the sonic fandom apart.

Anyway, do anyone know if there's a kind of confirmation about the presence of multiple characters in a single vehicle?

I'm not really for console exclusive racers in this game at all but if I could choose, I nominate the Sly Cooper and the gang in their trademark getaway van.

11r7qs0.jpg

Although an unlikely addition to the roster, I'm hoping that Headdy will make it in. His All-star move could be a randomized one where you get to use one of his head power-ups.

I just hope that there will be a bit more focus on the addition of SEGA characters, I would be fine with just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman representing the Sonic Franchise.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd be pretty disappointed if Big gets cut. I'd take him over Shadow, Amy and Metal any day.

^Headdy would be awesome, but, yeah, he's very unlikely.

Edited by MarcelloF

Shadow (who has an even bigger fanbase than Sonic believe it or not)

Do you have any proof of this that isn't from SA2-ish times? I'm pretty sure most non-Sonic fans hate Shadow now because of his abysmal game (and writing, and hilariously bad characterization). I don't know anyone, besides my complete Sonic fangirl girlfriend, that still likes Shadow.

Edit: Kids who think screaming profanity is cool because they saw it on Family Guy or South Park don't count.

Edit 2: Although, besides this part, I agree with you. Having more characters from other franchises may incline players to check out their franchises. I mean, honestly, 99% of people probably don't even know Reala exists unless they played Superstar Tennis. Letting them know that there's more to NiGHTS than just, well, NiGHTS, would be a great way to inform people of the franchise. Same goes for others.

Hell, it may even open up the door to new sequels for the likes of Vectorman (there's talk of a WiiU revival!) and Ristar. Kinda like what Super Smash Bros. did for Pit/Kid Icarus.

Edited by HyperMetal

Edit: Kids who think screaming profanity is cool because they saw it on Family Guy or South Park don't count.

Yes they do, they are still people like all of us.