Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

What have I created!? I'm gone for 15 pages and look what you all get up to. Don't ruin the thread for the rest of us.

• Thumbs Up 3

Um....

Who exactly IS OPA OPA? I thought it was just a gag racer made from what appeared to be Playskool toys.

Um....

Who exactly IS OPA OPA? I thought it was just a gag racer made from what appeared to be Playskool toys.

Protagonist of an arcade game, Fantasy Zone.

Fantasy_zone_arcadeflyer.PNG

Opa-Opa is a sentient spaceship, who needs to defeat invaders and save the planets.

Also Ninja'd.

So, what characters are you guys excited to race as?

Vyse. They couldn't have sold me on a sequel faster.

My money says his All-Star move is going to be the Moonstone Cannon.

watch him have horrible re-used voice clips. i know they'll screw this up.

Edited by Solly

Gilius/Opa Opa/Sonic

Sonic, because he is my favorite character and I spend most of the time using him in ASR1.

Gilius because his "car" seems pretty interesting, I mean a turtle that turns into a dinosaur and a freaking bird?

And then Opa Opa, because all the ladies love Opa Opa, get all the honies with Opa Opa.

Knuckles and Ulala mainly since they are my two favorites from the original.

Vyse is awesome and I will be playing as him a lot. Ristar too if he's playable.

Bayonetta

i'll probably just stick with my homie Sonic for the most part ^_^

NiGHTS, Ristar and Opa-Opa would be my first choices if they made the cut. Maybe if Toejam and Earl got in I'd give them a go, but that would really depend on how they went about the voice direction. If I didn't like their handling however I'd have to go with someone else. I generally prefer characters that aren't so easy to race with and take some time to master.

To be honest there are so many great characters that could potentially make up the roster, that I think I'll be spoilt for choice.

Edited by Lungo

if they are revealed: Ryo, NiGHTS, Bayonetta , Blaze the cat

from the confirmed one mostly the Sonic characters plus Gilius and BD Joe

well...to be honest, it is difficult to find someone that I don't like

I am appalled that this thread has gone on so long bickering about unlikely additions and softcore tits, and yet there hasn't been a single mention of Gunstar Green driving the Seven Force - which already transforms - around the place. What the fuck, guys.

I'm still favouring Billy Hatcher out of the most likely returning chars though, but I still wanna hold out for some Segata Sanshiro representation.

Well, Shadow was my main in ASR, so I'm looking forward to playing as him, assuming he's playable in this game. Knuckles too, as he and Shadow were the two characters I played as the most.

Thinking back, despite owning a Megadrive when I was much younger, I didn't really get into games until the N64, so perhaps I'm not really the target audience for ASRT, but...

There was one game I fondly remember from those days. I remember Kid Chameleon. I have no idea how that guy would work as a racer,but it'd be fantastic to see him and his own transformations once again.

I'm also wondering if the physics change with the vehicles? So, for example, if we had Zobio/ Zobiko, their car would be quite bad, but it'd transform into something much faster and more powerful in the air. Like a blimp or something. I dunno.

But you get my (Sonic) drift, right?

People are forgetting Axel from Streets of Rage. I haven't seen him mentioned ever.

I have a feeling he's a strong candidate to be in the game driving a police car. Sumo expressed interest in him last time, so...

I looking to play most with (if revealed): Ristar, Axel and Blaze, The Chaotix and of course, Kid Chameleon!

I am appalled that this thread has gone on so long bickering about unlikely additions and softcore tits, and yet there hasn't been a single mention of Gunstar Green driving the Seven Force - which already transforms - around the place. What the fuck, guys.

Seems a bit unlikely to me, though - I think Gunstar Heroes is more associated as a Treasure game than a Sega one, as far as the gaming community is concerned. Sega only published it.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Yeah I'd use Blaze... Fielding. Sega's original Blaze.

Eh. I'm fine with Blaze the Cat as well. B)

If we're talking Treasure characters getting in the game, hoo boy that's going to be a long list. How about Shyna from Silhouette Mirage or Dynamite Headdy?

It could happen, I mean, Treasure allowed Sega to publish Dynamite Headdy in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

Maybe even Ikaruga... (I hated that game)

Edited by PsychoJosh

I'd much rather SoR's Blaze get in than Sonic's Blaze, personally.

And I wouldn't mind either, so I not really concerned about it.

I would love for Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars to be in it, or Bayonetta (which the game was so kick-ass)

sakura-shinguji.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

And I wouldn't mind either, so I not really concerned about it.

I gathered that from your previous post, I was just chipping in my stance on the two Blazes afterwards.

Not that I really want either in.

All these eastern characters...

I think Sumo's generally trying to opt for characters that are more popular in the west (excepting maybe Segata Sanshiro who has a cult following in both regions). Some exceptions apply but overall I think the selection is chosen by popularity in Europe and North America. The more niche and east you go the less likely the characters are to be added. So that leaves out things like Hatsune Miku.