Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Brawl already had a T rating so of course they're going to let Samus's suit fly. This game's shooting for an E rating, E10 at most.
The original ASR had Ulala, who if anything shows more skin than Bayonetta does most of the time. Still E rated, as Indigo just pointed out. Reeeeeeeally not seeing why this argument is still being thrown around.
  • Thumbs Up 1

The original ASR had Ulala, who if anything shows more skin than Bayonetta does most of the time. Still E rated, as Indigo just pointed out.

That is a fair point, but I think Ulala is regarded as more silly than "sexy". She doesn't ever do anything particularly suggestive and her ensemble is more J-Pop inspired and colorful. She's just a cutie with unique fashion sense, totally different from being clad in a leather gimp suit. Bayonetta would necessarily have more suggestive dominatrix-y animations if she were in the game and true to her character.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Okay, then I completely disagree with you. I think it would be a disservice to the original games and their creators to just mindlessly shoehorn in whatever character at the cost of their established image. If they're going to just shovel in whatever character or franchise they want without any care put into it, then why would they bother doing stuff like consulting with the original staff that worked on, say, Panzer Dragoon for advice on the level's aesthetics?

So that they can make sure everything is appropriate for the rating they're trying to receive?

You know how Nintendo cut out Snake smoking his cigarettes in Brawl despite the character being established as a heavy smoker? Or how he didn't use any kind of mild swearing whenever he spoke in the game? And it's hilarious how they did that and yet Snake still has his suit skintight to where his ass is showing, alongside Samus no less who would definitely ring some bells over the character showing sex appeal and suggestive poses. I wouldn't expect Sumo to do anything different if Bayonetta were to be in.

What in the blue hell does a level's aesthetics have to do with characterization anyway?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

So that they can make sure everything is appropriate for the rating they're trying to receive?

You know how Nintendo cut out Snake smoking his cigarettes in Brawl despite the character being established as a heavy smoker? Or how he didn't use any kind of mild swearing whenever he spoke in the game?

What in the blue hell does a level's aesthetics have to do with characterization anyway?

You misunderstood me. I said that if they're going to use whatever franchise they want, however they want, then what is the point of paying respect to the original games or their creators at all? Why not just do whatever they feel like doing with the franchises, without EVER consulting the people who originally created those games? They don't really need to consult the original developers "to make sure everything is appropriate for the rating they're trying to receive", they can do that entirely on their own. But they consult the original creators anyways because they DO care and they DO respect the franchises in the game. Do you understand?

Is there a point in this discussion?

I don't see one so knock it off.

Sorry I didn't see your post before this one.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Anyone else getting a boner over this talk over Breasts and Ass here. :lol:

...awkward...

You misunderstood me. I said that if they're going to use whatever franchise they want, however they want, then what is the point of paying respect to the original games or their creators at all? Why not just do whatever they feel like doing with the franchises, without EVER consulting the people who originally created those games? They don't really need to consult the original developers "to make sure everything is appropriate for the rating they're trying to receive", they can do that entirely on their own. But they consult the original creators anyways because they DO care and they DO respect the franchises in the game. Do you understand?

I understand that they would do whatever is necessary to have a potential E rating for this game even if Bayonetta was in it while remaining as true to her as possible despite where she came from and her design. They're not going to make her act below her characterization to where she isn't Bayonetta, but they're going to have to do away with elements that would bump up the age rating if she were in.

Is there a point in this discussion?

I don't see one so knock it off.

It's about why Bayonetta could or couldn't be in a possible E rated game if that counts...right?

That's what I thought it was at least. I can stop right here if it isn't tho.

I understand that they would do whatever is necessary to have a potential E rating for this game even if Bayonetta was in it while remaining as true to her as possible despite where she came from and her design. They're not going to make her act below her characterization to where she isn't Bayonetta, but they're going to have to do away with elements that would bump up the age rating if she were in.

Yes, precisely, and this is why I don't think she'll be in the game.

It's one thing to discuss that, but this argument has been going back and forth constantly and neither side is going to be changing their mind anytime soon. People are just repeating themselves so I honestly think it's time to move onto something else if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, precisely, and this is why I don't think she'll be in the game.

Well one can believe otherwise that she could potentially be in. Either way it doesn't make that big a difference whether she is or isn't, but that it would be very interesting to see her in the game regardless.

Edit:

It's one thing to discuss that, but this argument has been going back and forth constantly and neither side is going to be changing their mind anytime soon. I honestly think it's time to move onto something else if you ask me.

Dammit, you post fast.

Okay then, moving on.

I find it odd when I just told you why I bothered in the first place in that very post and you still don't understand.

1) Because it's fun

2) Someone needed to tell you just that.

3) Any simpler and you'd miss important details.

4) I'm bored

Take your pick dude, I got more where that came from. These big walls of text are common here on the SSMB, as many will tell you. Is that really a problem?

There's not really a shitstorm here.

And also, having an opinion does not make you immune to criticism. If you don't want anyone to say anything to you about it, then don't say anything at all, otherwise expect criticism.

Okay, would you possibly fell better if I change the word "important" for "main" in my post? Mah bad if you don't liked friend.

'bout Bayonetta, seriously, why can't she be in? The game genre will still be fantasy racing, it's not like they will put she swearing, gun firing or in angles that makes boobs looks bigger tongue.png

Besides, I see no problem in adding some boobs and booty in a "child" game, it's not that impressive nowadays, and the game will probaly be rated E+10.

Edited by Jango

'bout Bayonetta, seriously, why can't she be in? The game genre will still be fantasy racing, it's not like they will put she swearing, gun firing or in angles that makes boobs looks bigger tongue.png

Besides, I see no problem in adding some boobs and booty in a "child" game, it's not that impressive nowadays, and the game will probaly be rated E+10.

This subject has been beaten to death fucking drop it already

Okay, would you possibly fell better if I change the word "important" for "main" in my post? Mah bad if you don't liked friend.

It wasn't about semantics, it was about your attitude.

Specifically, this crap right here...

What merit does Rouge has? WOW, she has breasts. What merit does Blaze has? She is a char from a game that started the downfall of Sonic's series (even enjoying Rush), and she's also in 2006, do I have to say more? What merit does Silver had? IT'S NO USE, TAKE THIS and HOW 'BOUT THIS.

This was completely uncalled for when you went about bashing the characters and mocking my post when I was confronting you about this.

And even if you did change it from "important" to "Main", the point still stands regarding the Chaotix and Metal Sonic and everyone's merits. Doing that would probably be worse since Amy and Knuckles haven't been important (which obviously didn't stop them from being in the roster anyway). The Chaotix aren't anywhere close to being in the "main" cast, and Metal Sonic hasn't been very involved throughout the series life and has been more of a special interest for the most part.

I can go about all the other characters, but before I do you need to drop that crap you gave to me about Rouge, Blaze, and Silver. Because you know full well that is not what their merits are.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, would you possibly fell better if I change the word "important" for "main" in my post?

That wouldn't be much better considering that, going by that criteria, only Sonic, Tails and Eggman would be the playable Sonic characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to Nack the Weasel as a racer, but the odds of that are kinda low right now.

I've just realized that if they add SIlver and keep Metal Sonic and Shadow (whom I hope they keep, I love them both), the game will have all hedgehog characters ^_^ ! Hope they'll add Blaze as well and I'd be glad to see Omega in the game too).

If we're gonna have Console Exclusive characters, I'd like these:

3DS (And Wii U?) - Pit from Kid Icarus riding the Exo Tank

PS3 and PSV - Sackboy from Little-Big Planet in a fan-voted car from LBPK

360 - Banjo-Kazooie again because they fit :V

I've just realized that if they add SIlver and keep Metal Sonic and Shadow (whom I hope they keep, I love them both), the game will have all hedgehog characters happy.png ! Hope they'll add Blaze as well and I'd be glad to see Omega in the game too).

That only goes to show how they put too much in the Sonic series and not enough in their other franchises. Sega really needs to branch out more. laugh.png

Yeah but to be honest I don't really care about non-Sonic characters that much... Half of non-Sonic characters from the frist game were reaaly absolutely forgettable.

The game has "Sonic" in the title after all.

That is NO excuse.

And they weren't so much forgettable than they are with little focus since Sega hasn't exactly pumped as much resources as they have for Sonic. I can't even recall when the last Super Monkey Ball game was, and they could definitely go for having more Jet Set Radio (A game I have yet to play) characters in the last racing game.

Edited by ArtFenix

Man Opa Opa was like SEGA's mascot before Alex Kidd right? Dis gone be gooooood

Also I can understand not recognizing the Bonanza Bros, but they were included in the Genesis/MegaDrive compilation for the HD consoles so it's not like they're entirely out of nowhere. (then again Opa Opa was in there too)

You speak about the characters that are really important and favorable and well-known.

And where did I say that, because I'm pretty sure that was Jango who was making that argument whereas I was more on their merits.

But there were also some shitty characters that I didn't even hear about before like these stupid characters.

They could have replaced them with characters that are actually well-known and don't look like crap. I'd rather have more Sonic characters than this.

Opa Opa? Crap? Shitty? I'm tempted to call you retarded for that.

Gee, who made you the judge on whats too crappy to be in the game? Them not being well known may have been the reason they were included for all you know, so that you DO know about them.

I find it silly how people make a fuss when they bring a less known character in a game when that was probably the whole freaking point for them being in.

• Thumbs Up 6

You speak about the characters that are really important and favorable and well-known. But there were also some shitty characters that I didn't even hear about before like these stupid characters.

This game isn't exclusively about characters that are important and well-known now, but also about characters that were important and well-known to fans at some point in Sega's history.

I may not be fussed about the Bonanza Bros but I understand that their inclusion must have made a group of old school fans happy. I personally have fond memories of Opa-Opa and Super Fantasy Zone and was surprised and elated to see him as a racer in the last one. He was a very unique character among the cast and his little animations were great.

EDIT: Looks like I was a bit behind everyone else with my reply. =P

Edited by Lungo