Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Yes they do, they are still people like all of us.

WELLLLL...alright. But just this once.

Do you have any proof of this that isn't from SA2-ish times? I'm pretty sure most non-Sonic fans hate Shadow now because of his abysmal game (and writing, and hilariously bad characterization). I don't know anyone, besides my complete Sonic fangirl girlfriend, that still likes Shadow.

Really? Then you haven't been looking around much of the internet, much less a lot of Sonic forums and fansites. Because no way in hell "most" fans hate Shadow. For every one fan that doesn't like Shadow, you can be guaranteed there's another who likes him, and that's before you sink in the fact that no one speaks for the fandom nor does anyone have any exact figures on the fandom.

And as for those non-Sonic fans who hate Shadow, they're are primarily hardcore gamers who love Sonic and even then there are a number of them who are at least okay with him. Outside of that group, opinions are just as varied as everywhere else.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Everyone must just have awful taste then, because Shadow's an awful character any way you look at it.

Edited by HyperMetal

Everyone must just have awful taste then, because Shadow's an awful character any way you look at it.

Better than most characters from the Sonic franchise, character-wise he is only surpassed by Sonic, Tails, Eggman and maybe Blaze & Knuckles.

But hey, each one as different opinions.

Edited by Tmsp

Excuse me? Then these forums probably aren't the place for you to be in because we don't tolerate the stuff you said.

We have people who hate characters, but they're don't insult people by saying they have "awful tastes". If anything, you have an awful attitude over what other people like. Hell, I'm friends with people here who hate Shadow, and they show far more respect that that.

The same could be said even for characters like Sonic and Tails ever since Sonic 06 had such bad writing and characterization, and Knuckles hasn't had any use in several years on top of all that.

Backseat modding is frowned upon also, I'm just Saiyan.

I don't think the majority hate Shadow, in fact in one of my classes I drew him on the board and he was almost immediately recognized, it was pretty cool.

Jesus Christ, people need to chill the out. Love him or hate him, why is it that every time Shadow's mentioned the level of conversation drops to such depths? Such hostility over something so pointless.

Personally I'm hoping for rep from SEGA's other, non-Sonic series. Haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if it's been suggested yet, but how about Welkin Gunther from Valkyria Chronicles? He could have a vehicle based on the Edelweiss or something.

tank.jpg

Yeah it's a bit big, but Vyse has one based on the Delphinus, so it's cool. Plus this is a series that's in dire need of some representation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Backseat modding is frowned upon also, I'm just Saiyan.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do you have any proof of this that isn't from SA2-ish times?

Edited by Peacock

Edited by Scar

Okay guys, I already stepped in so there's no need to carry this line of discussion. Let's go back to talking about Bayonetta in a Sonic game.

Bayonetta... eh, why not? Having her as a playable character would make slightly more sense than Snake being a playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

If bayonetta is part of the roster I wonder what is her vehicle. I know she rode a motorcycle, maybe it can transform like knuckles's motorcycle. And for air it can become close to the rocket she used in the game to reach the island.

Also wish sumo would give us more villains to play with, I mean eggman is the only bad guy available to play.

Edited by redhellc

Not sure how well Bayonetta would work. Having the overtly-sexualized giraffe-woman racing alongside Sonic and crew in a game that's primarily directed at children would be a little weird. Not just because kids would be playing it but because the demographics seem awfully different. I don't know if having her in the game would be a deal-breaker for anyone besides some hardcore fans.

Still though, she was in one of the more well-recieved SEGA games this generation.

Also wish sumo would give us more villains to play with, I mean eggman is the only bad guy available to play.

Besides Eggman, are there really that many memorable villains iconic enough to warrant their own spot? I can't even think of one I'd consider deserving.

Also Metal Sonic is a villain, although he was DLC.

Edited by Solly

Not sure how well Bayonetta would work. Having the overtly-sexualized giraffe-woman racing alongside Sonic and crew in a game that's primarily directed at children would be a little weird. Not just because kids would be playing it but because the demographics seem awfully different. I don't know if having her in the game would be a deal-breaker for anyone besides some hardcore fans.

Still though, she was in one of the more well-recieved SEGA games this generation. Besides Eggman, are there really that many memorable villains iconic enough to warrant their own spot? I can't even think of one I'd consider deserving.

Also Metal Sonic is a villain, although he was DLC.

Yeah I forgot metal sonictongue.png

Orbot and cubot would be cool(just kidding).

I guess you are right, most of the villains aren't really popular. But who knows, they did use reala and pudding in the tennis game.

Bayonetta's just not suitable for this game. It would be ridiculous having her in the game because it mostly has a children's aesthetic whereas she's aimed at adults. A crossover fighting game would be more her speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDsNgfgjsYA

Oh, would you look at that? She's in one after all.

Looking through that argument over Shadow I almost began tp believe that I was on the Sega Forums. I expect more from you SSMB >:U

Bayonetta would make a wonderful addition, shes a generally liked character, we need more females, and M ratings are fun right?

Also on the matter of Reala, it wouldn't make much sense to have him playable, but he would provide a nice obstacle in a NiGHTS stage by raining his giant inky balls of death from the sky onto the track (likely during an air section)

Bayonetta's butt is too big. The kids will all make fun of it.

Hence she won't be in this game because she's shy about her butt. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Bayonetta's butt is too big. The kids will all make fun of it.

Hence she won't be in this game because she's shy about her butt. sad.png

lol whut?

Don't know why Bayonetta would appear in a kids' game. As she said in her game, she hates babies (but loves making them).

As for Sonic chars, I do agree that we should get only the importants: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy, Metal Sonic and the Chaotix (they surely can put the 3 on the same vehicle). Maybe Shadow, but IDK. I was a big Shadow fan around Adventure 2-Heroes time, a really big fan, but I find he really awfull, uncool and less imporant this days... makes me sad, but sometimes I wish he stayed dead at the end of Adv2, but oh well. Opinions, opinions.

But a mandatory SEGA char here is Axel and Blaze (Streets of Rage), I know I already said that, but is allways good to repeat smile.png

Edited by Jango

Don't know why Bayonetta would appear in a kids' game. As she said in her game, she hates babies (but loves making them).

Well house of the dead got a representation in both the all starts games, and the game itself isn't for a younger audience. That didn't stop sumo from putting the franchise in the game. That's why I believe that if sumo really wants to put the bayonetta in the game they will find a way.smile.png

Also a lot of things in the game are made thinking of the fans of the franchises, of course they try to make it appealing to a younger audience but also pleasing the fans at the same time.

Well house of the dead got a representation in both the all starts games, and the game itself isn't for a younger audience. That didn't stop sumo from putting the franchise in the game. That's why I believe that if sumo really wants to put the bayonetta in the game they will find a way.smile.png

Umm, yeah, the Curien Mansion stages were based on the arcade games and took away everything even remotely "scary" about them. I guess the main difference between Curien Mansion and Bayonetta is that Curien Mansion won't lose its identity by taking away all its blood and gore. Bayonetta is a character however, not a stage, and would necessarily lose her identity if she were toned down the same way. You have to be extra careful with how you approach characters. She's a woman who's all about guns, bikes, innuendo, getting naked, murdering angels in the bloodiest way possible and using her hair suit to summon terrifying beasts. If she were in this game, all of that would be taken away except for her love of bikes.

Now, you COULD have her in the game in this fashion, but I'm asking, what would be the point? She'd be stripped down so much that it's barely reasonable to say that it's the same character, and if you're willing to accept such a COMPLETE departure from what the character canonically is, why even bother saying you're a fan of the character to begin with? To appear in this game she MUST be toned down to the point where she wouldn't be the same, so what would be the point?

Edited by PsychoJosh

its just a racing game, not like she'll be doing any fighting, posing or killing angels, in fact she'll be behind the wheel of a vehicle the whole time, with a few character animations as taunts, and frustration as opponents pass her, her design isn't overly sexualized at all, she shows a bit of cleavage thats it, her catsuit covers her entire body, i can actually see her as a racer, waving by racers, blowing a kiss or even winking.

Hell Rouge the bat has about the same sex appeal as Bayonetta, they both have tits, they both have big hips and they both wear a latex/catsuit.

as for a vehicle why not Enzo's Car? she seemed to control it well in the game.

and for her all star she could use Witchtime, and slow down the other racers

as a racing game its entirely possible to put a character like Bayonetta behind the wheel of a car, without ruining her image or character, she isn't OTT all the time and it'd certainly would be a treat to see her in the game.

you wouldn't even need to bring her sexualized wicked weave moves into the game at all, like i said witchtime could be a great all star move.