Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

Umm, yeah, the Curien Mansion stages were based on the arcade games and took away everything even remotely "scary" about them. I guess the main difference between Curien Mansion and Bayonetta is that Curien Mansion won't lose its identity by taking away all its blood and gore. Bayonetta is a character however, not a stage, and would necessarily lose her identity if she were toned down the same way. You have to be extra careful with how you approach characters. She's a woman who's all about guns, bikes, innuendo, getting naked, murdering angels in the bloodiest way possible and using her hair suit to summon terrifying beasts. If she were in this game, all of that would be taken away except for her love of bikes.

Now, you COULD have her in the game in this fashion, but I'm asking, what would be the point? She'd be stripped down so much that it's barely reasonable to say that it's the same character, and if you're willing to accept such a COMPLETE departure from what the character canonically is, why even bother saying you're a fan of the character to begin with? To appear in this game she MUST be toned down to the point where she wouldn't be the same, so what would be the point?

I guess you have a point.I wish the game didn't have those kinds of limitations it would be much more easy to represent a franchise.sad.png

Well at least my favorite sonic character is already confirmed.tongue.png

its just a racing game, not like she'll be doing any fighting, posing or killing angels, in fact she'll be behind the wheel of a vehicle the whole time, with a few character animations as taunts, and frustration as opponents pass her, her design isn't overly sexualized at all, she shows a bit of cleavage thats it, her catsuit covers her entire body, i can actually see her as a racer, waving by racers, blowing a kiss or even winking.

Hell Rouge the bat has about the same sex appeal as Bayonetta, they both have tits, they both have big hips and they both wear a latex/catsuit.

as for a vehicle why not Enzo's Car? she seemed to control it well in the game.

and for her all star she could use Witchtime, and slow down the other racers

as a racing game its entirely possible to put a character like Bayonetta behind the wheel of a car, without ruining her image or character, she isn't OTT all the time and it'd certainly would be a treat to see her in the game.

you wouldn't even need to bring her sexualized wicked weave moves into the game at all, like i said witchtime could be a great all star move.

You're missing the point. I'm asking what the point would be to have her in the game this way. She's a character who's over the top by design. Her character is ALL ABOUT those things but if she appeared in the game she'd be a shadow of her former self. An enormous departure from what she canonically is. Yes, she would have an appearance in the game, but she would have none of the things that MAKE HER Bayonetta, none of the things that define her as a character. It would be pointless.

Edited by PsychoJosh

You're missing the point. I'm asking what the point would be to have her in the game this way. She's a character who's over the top by design. Her character is ALL ABOUT those things but if she appeared in the game she'd be a shadow of her former self. An enormous departure from what she canonically is. Yes, she would have an appearance in the game, but she would have none of the things that MAKE HER Bayonetta, none of the things that define her as a character. It would be pointless.

same thing could be said for any of the other IPs making it into the game then, its not canon its a third party spin off game that has nothing to do with the canonity of said franchises, its just all for fun, watered down characters or not, its about racing as SEGA characters so charactization of the racers doesn't really matter, whats the point of putting Vyse in a racing game? same principle, Same with Ryo Hazuki he's a serious character from a mature game yet all they did in the original is put him on a motorbike and added a few of his lines.

Bayonetta has as much chance as any other SEGA IP of becoming part of the roster, regardless of her charactization, its just about SEGA Fan service at the end of the day, it won't be doing any harm, Bayonetta still has its success if anything it may urge the Bayonetta fans to pick up the game solely for seeing her in another game, even as a third party member.

Ryo isn't over the top or offensive in any of his mannerisms or in his character, he could easily be put in the game because even at his most extreme moments his character is still pretty subdued and he fits quite well into the tone of this game. Vyse is no different. And yes they did put him in with his entire personality and character intact, just like every other character put in the game thus far. Comparing Ryo to Bayonetta is comparing apples to steaks.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Josh, I think you're not making any sense with what you're saying. This is a karting spin off game, with really nothing serious and/or canon. They could chose every SEGA character and make them fit with the tone of the game, just like they did with Ryo and Jacky & Akira. Bayonetta is a perfect character : they won't have to take her clothes off, they'll just have to simply reduce her "hard posing".

• Thumbs Up 2

Josh, I think you're not making any sense with what you're saying. This is a karting spin off game, with really nothing serious and/or canon. They could chose every SEGA character and make them fit with the tone of the game, just like they did with Ryo and Jacky & Akira. Bayonetta is a perfect character : they won't have to take her clothes off, they'll just have to simply reduce her "hard posing".

What I'm saying is making perfect sense, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's nonsense. Bayonetta isn't just about nudity, she's also about violence and profanity. I'm not saying it can't happen I'm just saying it would be pointless.

And I'd say her skin-tight leather catsuit is definitely much more risqué than Ulala's simple skirt or Rouge's cutesy heart-adorned clothes. She was created specifically to pander to Hideki Kamiya's sexual tastes. Have you forgotten she's naked across her back and her suit wedges right into her ass? I don't think that would fly in this game without changing the rating.

N8p5P.jpg

This game IS supposed to be a labor of love, by Sega nerds for Sega nerds, so I highly doubt they're just thinking about shoehorning characters into the game just for the sole purpose of having them there, without any thought or love put into them. That would be a disservice to the original franchises in addition to being incredibly lazy and furthermore I don't think that's a respectful insinuation about Sumo's staff. "Okay they can just put in whoever they want, however they want. Change Bayonetta's clothes and make her speech nothing but stuff about fuzzy bears, rainbows and cupcakes. Give her an all-star move where she hands out kittens and sugar cookies. That's completely fine, this isn't canon after all".

I don't think that's proper, I think that's the mentality they would have if they were doing a completely heartless, cynical cash-in. Don't you guys think this game is something more than that?

Edited by PsychoJosh

I still find your argument irrelevant (nothing personal here).

They'd have to simply cover her back a little bit and reduce her hard posing. This would not a disservice at all, but a great way to have a very popular character in a NON CANON THIRD PARTY GAME, and when you talk about labor of love you can't talk about represent the characters' true personality and appeal , because in this case these kind of games would not exsist.

what can you tell me about having Veutiful Joe vs Morrigan in Marvel VS Capcom 3? or Snake in SSBB? They look a little out of place, but that is the point of cross overs and third party games! Simply having familiar faces around with enough respect to their origin. The whole idea of Sonic driving a car is the best example: I find very stupid to debate about this, just because this is a simple kart racing game, with all of the characters driving karts in a colorful and hilarious setting.

the labor of love I have in mind is exactly what Sumo is doing: giving love to a series like Panzer Dragoon creating a stunning racetrack, as well as crazy level design for vehicles, a ton of throwbacks, remastered themes, a lot of passion for the SEGA Legacy in general, the importance they gave to us fans and the way they listen and answer to our expectations and questions.

In this game Ryo is not searching for Lan Di, even if I'd like to see how the story ends, but that's irrelevant, because I'm at least able to see him, and people out there who have never played Shenmue might gain interest in the series.

Anyway this is my way to look at these kind of games: ironic, non canon, and simply fan pleasing

Edited by BlueHedgehog92
  • Thumbs Up 6

Bayonetta can't make it in because she's too sexy?

Guess we're assuming Ulala isn't making it in either.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 9

guess that rules out Honey/Candy & Rouge too =P

or anyone showing cleavage or *gasp*! a bare back!

I give up, you guys just can't be reasoned with at all.

Viewtiful Joe, Morrigan and Snake are all completely in-character in SSBB and MVC3. Bayonetta would not be the slightest bit in-character in this game. Besides she's already appearing in another title this year.

Ryo is actually quite in-character in this game, I imagine his story would be about him wasting time at the arcade playing this game where he races a bunch of Sega characters. It's what he did in the games after all.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I give up, you guys just can't be reasoned with.

Viewtiful Joe, Morrigan and Snake are all completely in-character in SSBB and MVC3. Bayonetta would not be the slightest bit in-character in this game. Besides she's already appearing in another title this year.

Ryo is actually quite in-character in this game, I imagine his story would be about him wasting time at the arcade playing this game where he races a bunch of Sega characters. It's what he did in the games after all.

How on earth will she not? She can be in-character, just toned down a bit.

Edited by Winston

How on earth will she not? She can be in-character, just toned down a bit.

Not explaining this again.

Not explaining this again.

Dr. Eggman commands you do. Joking.

no josh, sorry, I still don't understand your reasons. I think that if a certain character is popular and demanded enough there's NO WAY he/she could not be "fitted" in these kind of games. Even Jack Cayman from MadWorld might add some interesting twists

I give up, you guys just can't be reasoned with at all.

• Thumbs Up 7

no josh, sorry, I still don't understand your reasons. I think that if a certain character is popular and demanded enough there's NO WAY he/she could not be "fitted" in these kind of games. Even Jack Cayman from MadWorld might add some interesting twists

Edited by Lungo

If they can toned down the House of the Dead/Curien's Mansion stages, they can easily tone down Bayonetta and Madworld, it's not like it's at all hard to accomplish.

They ain't stupid enough to include high amounts of blood or nudity in a E-rated game, infact people should expect it.

I like how everyone's trying to make the same points to PsychoJosh TEN POSTS after he adressed them. Good idea guys! If you tell him the same thing enough, maybe he'll think you're right eventually! Or maybe you people just really feel like arguing and don't feel like reading?

Anyway I agree with him about most of his points, but I could still see Bayo getting in just because she's one of the more recognizable characters associated with SEGA from the past few years(even if the game was only pubished by them). I really don't care either way, but I do want to see more non-Sonic characters. Last game had 8 characters from the Sonic franchise while others felt a little starved.

I'm thinking Toejam and Earl might get in considering they tried to get them for the last game but Greg Johnson came around too late. Plus their dumb looking spaceship could make for an interesting vehicle. For some reason I expect them to be really annoying though, like in the 3rd game when they had voices and would never shut up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more concerned about knowing Bayonetta's all star move could be her showing tits and everybody freezes. Now that will be a M game!

I'm more concerned about knowing Bayonetta's all star move could be her showing tits and everybody freezes. Now that will be a M game!

she never showed her tits in her game, so why would she lower herself like that?

if anything Witchtime would be her ideal move

I'm thinking Toejam and Earl might get in considering they tried to get them for the last game but Greg Johnson came around too late. Plus their dumb looking spaceship could make for an interesting vehicle. For some reason I expect them to be really annoying though, like in the 3rd game when they had voices and would never shut up.

Edited by Lungo

If Rouge can still exist, so can Bayonetta.

This is an absurd comparison because Rouge is a hilarious big-headed cartoon animal whereas Bayonetta is a purely fetishistic woman.