Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

If Banjo comes back as a 360 exclusive I imagine his car/plane/boat to be styled like the Diddy Kong Racing vehicles.

That would be a PERFECT throwback. Hell, he even had his own flight-exclusive racing game for the GBA, Banjo Pilot.

This game keeps getting compared to Diddy Kong Racing? Well it has an ACTUAL Diddy Kong Racing character in it, WHAT NOW?

Mzw6E.jpg

If Banjo comes back as a 360 exclusive I imagine his car/plane/boat to be styled like the Diddy Kong Racing vehicles.

That would be a PERFECT throwback. Hell, he even had his own flight-exclusive racing game for the GBA, Banjo Pilot.

This game keeps getting compared to Diddy Kong Racing? Well it has an ACTUAL Diddy Kong Racing character in it, WHAT NOW?

Mzw6E.jpg

except if he makes it in again, microsoft will want the nuts n bolts styled Banjo in the game, like the previous one so chances of having his original DKR vehicles are slim... but would be cool.

Yeah it'll obviously be the N&B Banjo but still that doesn't mean it has to be an N&B style car.

Am I the only one expecting Master Chief or a generic Spartan beeing XboX 360 exclusive character?

A N&B styled car would make perfect sense, though.

It would, since you'd often have to make vehicles to tackle land, water, and air challenges.

I'm not expecting Banjo and Kazooie to pop up this time around, but I'll be very happy if they do.

Am I the only one expecting Master Chief or a generic Spartan beeing XboX 360 exclusive character?

Yes. I don't see why they'd go with someone like Master Chief when Banjo is far more suited to this game.

You're also expecting console exclusive characters, even though there's no real reason to at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, The New Halo is coming out in November, and a Halo character beeing the 3rd party one would greatly enhance the sales of this game. I know B&K are more suitable, but Halo is one of the most profitable and known franchises of all time, and this would be a very smart move for SEGA

I'm not expecting any 360 exclusive character. Or Sony's or Nintendo's. I'll be very disappointed with Sumo if so. This game is about Sega All-Stars. Not exclusives.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

This game is about Sega All-Stars.

Well shoot I could have sworn they dropped "Sega" from the title emot-ssh.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

Well shoot I could have sworn they dropped "Sega" from the title emot-ssh.gif

Carbo's onto something here.

I'm not expecting any 360 exclusive character. Or Sony's or Nintendo's. I'll be very disappointed with Sumo if so. This game is about Sega All-Stars. Not exclusives.

What's so bad about 1 exclusive character per console? It's not like it's Street fighter X Tekken where one version gets completely left out. I think it'd be fine, as long as all versions get something.

Also, no, I don't think M. Chief would fit in the game. It's be a surprise if they did and made it work worked.(I mean Snake worked in SSB and Kratos is in Sony battle royal, and if Bayonetta makes it in ASRT, It opens a possibility of it.)But I don't expect it at all. Banjo would suit it better.

I'm not really for console exclusive racers in this game at all but if I could choose, I nominate the Sly Cooper and the gang in their trademark getaway van.

It's obvious how it would function on land, but Bentley could make various modifications and upgrades to it (much like his own personal wheelchair) to allow them to traverse through the air or in water. It'd just be really fun to see the three of them like that.

But really, the return of Ulala and the addition of Ristar are the only things I could reasonably ask for. I'd appreciate Vectorman, but even I'll admit I'm a little disenfranchised with the series these days. Ristar I replayed just a few weeks ago.

Edited by Chooch

What's so bad about 1 exclusive character per console? It's not like it's Street fighter X Tekken where one version gets completely left out. I think it'd be fine, as long as all versions get something.

Also, no, I don't think M. Chief would fit in the game. It's be a surprise if they did and made it work worked.(I mean Snake worked in SSB and Kratos is in Sony battle royal, and if Bayonetta makes it in ASRT, It opens a possibility of it.)But I don't expect it at all. Banjo would suit it better.

The problem with exclusive characters is that people feel left out. If PS3 got Sackboy, 360 got Banjo and Wii U (I know it's only theoretical at this point, but go along with it) got nothing then you have the following problems...

1. A player has to choose between playing as his favourite Sackboy on PS3 or getting the 360 version all his friends are going to get. And he doesn't even like Banjo

2. Anyone playing on Wii U is missing out on extra features simply because of their console choice.

3. Extra development time on something most players won't even see. And if there's exclusives for more than one system, you can double or triple that.

I love having Banjo in ASR, simply because I love the BK series. And as much as I'd like for him to return, I'm not sure how much exclusive characters would make the game sell (IIRC, the 360 version of ASR was the worst selling of the main three) and the only real benefits come from a business perspective. Of course that's what it all is, business, but you know... from the perspective of the player exclusives like that can be more unfair than anything else.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guys. Seriously. Come on. How has this franchise only been mentioned like once in this thread?

post-3323-0-47921800-1336940511_thumb.pn

Joe Musashi would be an awesome addition to the roster. He had a freakin' surfing level, for god's sake! Whatever his land vehicle is (possibly horse-related), it would be awesome to see him break out his surf board when the race hits the water. Seeing as how Shinobi had a 3DS release last year, I think the devs would be insane not to represent the franchise for ASRT in some form.

If Master Chief got in the game all the Halo fanboys would throw a shitfit. They'd start to question who exactly Master Chief is being marketed towards, as this is generally regarded as a game for kids and Chief is a "mature" character. I think it would be cool but his game doesn't have transforming vehicles so the only thing that could be done is having his warthog/ghost turn into a hornet/banshee.

Not that it would matter whether they threw a fit or not. In the end the game still is what it is, Halo fanboys won't stop loving Halo just because Master Chief gets in a crossover game with Sonic the Hedgehog. They'll still buy Halo 4. Ultimately no harm done. I'd go for it if I were Sumo.

So guys, Team Chaotix

On land Espio takes the wheel in a chameleon-mobile

At sea Vector gains control in a crocodile boat

In the air Charmy drives a bee shaped plane

and in their All Star Move their vehicle changes into a stage, which combines elements of each of them whilst all 3 play their hearts out on top

This must happen

• Thumbs Up 1

So guys, Team Chaotix

and in their All Star Move their vehicle changes into a stage, which combines elements of each of them whilst all 3 play their hearts out on top

This must happen

No thanks.

So guys, Team Chaotix

This must happen

That actually sounds kinda cool!

Why not? It seems perfect for the games mechanics.

I guess I just don't like the idea of characters sharing a race car. I don't find anything particularly wrong with the Chaotix per se but there's a ton of characters I'd much rather have in over them.

Less useless sonic characters and more awesome sega characters please. I see silver, blaze or the chaotix being suvgested. I honestly think we need less sonic characters in the roster to make place for more original Sega characters. I mean the sonic franchise is full of useless characters beside the 4 main characters(sonic,tails amy, knux and robotnik). I would actually be happy with the removal of shadow and especially big.

What i would love to see however is both ristar as a character and a track based of his game. Seriously ristar has the most beauiful aestethics ive ever seen for the a genesis game, or maybe any platformer period(yes better than sonic)

Lets also not forget the amazing soundtrack of ristar. If there is something im looking forward to the most, its the music accompanying the tracks.

I dont comment much on these forums anymore, but this game has me very psyched up. I seriously cant wait for it and sumo shows a great amount of passion, dedication and heart in this sequel. It is looking amazing allready.

Edited by Djawed

I like Big but if he left I wouldn't mind. I'm assuming he's getting chopped for this game anyways.

I'd still love to see Rouge though. I do agree that I'd rather have Sega characters over Sonic characters but if Rouge got in I'd use her all the time.

So guys, Team Chaotix

This must happen

Wow that actually seems like a great idea, I think it could work well for the games mechanics, each member would take the lead in different sections which would suit them, that could actually work but I think I'd prefer if they had their own veichles and all stars though but I still like your idea and I'd really love to see Team Chaotix in ASRT. :)

Wow that actually seems like a great idea, I think it could work well for the games mechanics, each member would take the lead in different sections which would suit them, that could actually work but I think I'd prefer if they had their own veichles and all stars though but I still like your idea and I'd really love to see Team Chaotix in ASRT. smile.png

then that'll be 3 places taken straight up, and lets face it

No one wants to play as a solo Charmy :I