Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Racer Roster Thread

Barry the Nomad

I heard Optimus Prime is going to make a guest appearance in Sonic All Stars Racing: TRANSFORMED.

/ba dum tsh

get-out-gif.gif

moving on~ Tail's plane was chunky and did take up a lot of room in the first ASR and yes, it was a floating bath tub, wasn't too fond of Ula La's space craft either.

still found it hard to believe a hovering vehicle could drift, i know its videogame logic but come on.

Edited by Peacock
  • Thumbs Up 2

4325752252_962b6b2447.jpg

Please make it into Transformed.... Pretty please...

The Bonanza Bros. were my bread and butter in the previous game. Every time I would use Mobo and Robo, everyone familiar with me would say, "Oh it's YoshiUnity using those Goddamned Legos". I enjoyed hearing that...

I loved how they controlled, their personality, car and etc. And even though a transforming vehicle could work for the thieving duo... It just seems like they have "expendable" written all over them.

But whether they make it or not, I'll still have a blast anyway. As there were still plenty of other characters I used and appreciated. Plus, with Vyse in, that's just more for me to work with regardless. (Though still, if the Bonanza Bros. can get in. Please go for it!)

As for new non-sonic characters... I would love the see Ristar, Ecco, NiGHTS, Sketch Turner, PulseMan and Shinobi make it in... Bayonetta, Jack Cayman and Sam Gideon? I'll take them too, chance or no chance. And even though I haven't played Rhythm Thief yet, I'd be cool if Raphael makes it in. ( I like his character, honestly.)

Characters from non-sonic franchises already represented? I'd like Amiga, Rio or Linda from Samba de Amigo, From JSR, Gum or Professor K. Axel or Gena would be cool form Crazy Taxi.

As for Sonic characters? Silver, Blaze, Omega and Rouge would be cool. I'd take Team Choatix as a whole as well. (Vector drives, Espio and Charmy do funny animations trying to stay on the vehicle.)

Edited by Yes YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm neutral towards Billy. I wouldn't mind if he got the chopping block but neither would I mind if he was in. Ideally we'd have as many characters as possible but it remains to be seen whether or not that's feasible. It probably isn't and he's most likely one of the ones to get dropped. No skin off my back either way.

I'd like Metal Sonic to return, and maybe having different character skins for some of the racers would be cool.

Jet is a "serious" character?

He isn't? When you're constantly touted as a rival for a main character in a series of games that takes itself too seriously and lead a group of evil anime arch-enemy stereotypes that call themselves the "Babylon Rogues" I'd only assume that was meant to be taken seriously unless Sega was doing a pisstake with him the whole time.

Because the sexy seductress and the shy but strong character totally aren't typical anime charactertypes. (But I do agree I'd like to see one or the other get in).

Rouge and Blaze are far more tolerable, and if nothing else, they're girls. They're a lot more lighthearted and mellow. I hate male shounen-type characters that take themselves too seriously. Silver's a big fat full-of-himself dummy with a head full of teeth that I want to smack out.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Silver's a big fat full-of-himself dummy with a head full of teeth that I want to smack out.

Gee, I hope there isn't any Silver fans here right now...

He isn't? When you're constantly touted as a rival for a main character in a series of games that takes itself too seriously and lead a group of evil anime arch-enemy stereotypes that call themselves the "Babylon Rogues" I'd only assume that was meant to be taken seriously unless Sega was doing a pisstake with him the whole time.

I'm just saying his temper problems/getting whacked on the head by a picture frame/daydreaming about lounging in a giant pile of money doesn't quite strike me as being a character to take 100% seriously like Silver seems to imply to be.

Honestly it's those flawed moments as a character that make me like Jet.

• Thumbs Up 2

I find Silver a pretty decent character, beeing only guilty of appearing for the first time in a mediocre game. Anyway I wouldn't mind his presence in ASRT, but I think Blaze deserves this spot more than him. I simply like her most, and she's a female too (the roster lacks a bit of female presences)

Anyway what about the characters that will be dropped this time?

I think we'll have to say goodbye to

Billy Hatcher - I don't really like him tbh, they gave him a lot of importance in the last game, but I don't really see him as a lead SEGA character

Zobio & Zobiko - actually an original inclusion, but they're too obscure and poor recived to appear again this time

Chu Chus - I see a Chu Chu themed arena with cameo of Kapu Kapu and ChuChu's, but I don't think they'll be playable again

Mobo & Robo - they gave them a shot in the last game and that was fun, but their been obscure leave space to more spots imo

Jacky & Akira - simply because I think they'll be replaced with another VF character, and Sarah Bryant is my perfect choice (In a VR vehicle)

Opa-Opa - same to MObo&Robo, would be nice to see him as a cameo or something

then the remain chars would be 7 : BD Joe , Beat , AiAi , Amigo, Ulala (hinted), Alex Kidd (beeing the most famous old character) and Ryo ( I'm actually quite sure of his presence)

then u add 7-8 Sonic Characters (14-15 in total)

you have 12-13 new slots to use.

I find this the best solution to keep things "fresh"

now it is nerd-fan time: who would want to see starring in the cover of the game?

I'd love to see Sonic, Eggman, Bayonetta, AiAi, Amigo, BD Joe, NiGHTS and Ryo...with Ulala, Beat and Shadow in the back

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

I wanna see Andy Murray. Virtua Tennis doesn't get enough love! His All Star move can be shouting COME ON! and proceeding to open his mouth very wide as he speeds down the track and smashes other racers with his racket.

tumblr_m3fnx9KROP1rvoac1o1_1280.jpg

...yes I scribbled this just for this post, shut up.

Goodness! I need to insult Hatcher more just so I can get more awesome fan art!

To be fair, I don't hate Billy. But I do think that his presence in the last game was too big. He had one game that was alright, but far from great enough to warrant three All-Star tracks and a spot on the rooster roster. I *guess* I could be okay with him returning as a racer as long as he has an awesome vehicle. But another Billy Hatcher track... I'm not for. Seeing as how there is only one remix track remaining, it may or may not be Billy.

Seeing as how there is only one remix track remaining, it may or may not be Billy.

Aren't there two left? We only have Death Egg and Shibuya..

I have come out of hiding/lurking just to fight for Billy Hatcher's honor, as ridiculous as that is. He's great, his associated music is even greater, and if he's not in Transformed I will be very sad.

In the interest of deeper discussion, I thought he had one of the more effective all-star moves and a couple of the better tracks. Even if he doesn't return, I hope that we get a new or recycled track out of his franchise.

The only thing stopping Billy from being awesome is a lack of proper mentorship.

...yes I scribbled this just for this post, shut up.

Heh, someone just posted an ASR comic of yours on PSO-World to explain why Sonic is in a car (unless that was you?). XD Great art and humour in both by the way.

Edited by Lungo

Aren't there two left? We only have Death Egg and Shibuya..

Edited by Barry the Nomad

There's no way they'll cut half the roster, that's just asking for trouble as people like the characters.

They've already revealed a ton of characters and only TWO of them are new. We'll probably see 3-4 characters cut from the original game, and 8-10 new characters. With the potential for the characters who are cut to be DLC.

Edited by TheAnvil

Hi i am new here but the forums here seem really cool! I loved the first one so i plan on getting this game.

On the case of characters i really just want Ulala and when/if shes confirmed i will be even more hyped for this game than i all ready am!

I don't see Jacky/Akira getting replaced. As much as I'd love to see Sarah Bryant she'd be an unnecessary third wheel.

Jacky is canonically a race car driver in the VF series and Akira is the face of that series so they'd probably still be in the game in some capacity.

Opa-Opa might get scrapped since he doesn't have a boating or land mode. Unless they made him drive a larger version of himself, which would be really cute actually. I wouldn't count him out so easily though. If there's a way to keep him in the game they'll find it.

I think the DEFINITE newcomers will be Nights, Ristar and Vectorman. Those guys are surely shoe-ins at this point. Nights and Ristar appearing in the last game basically ensure them being in this one, and their cameos act as a reminder to the teams to not forget them this time around. And Vectorman fits the transformation aspect like a glove, he already has a variety of vehicle modes. How could you not put him in?

Some previews name Monkey Ball as a remix, some don't. What we don't know is what constitutes a remix/returning track. Is it the layout, or is it the IP? The Monkey Ball one looks very much like they took assets from ASR1's Monkey Target track and made a new layout that incorporates elements of the original (the downhill racing, falling onto the targets) and adds new bits (boating down the track). Also looks like they swapped out the pirate stuff with temples and islanders.

Oops! Look at me discussing tracks in the roster thread. My mistake. Lets get back to racers, shall we?

Actually it's because they were based on separate Monkey Ball levels.

Monkey Target in Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing was based on both Pirate's Ocean from Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz and the iconic Monkey Target mini game. Though Sumo did seem to take quite a few liberties to convert the stage into a more bright and happy version of the aforementioned stage, it still stands.

Temple Trouble however, seems to have more nods toward the various Monkey Islands from the 3 most recent games (sans Banana Splitz) the floor tiles are a mix of the ones from both Banana Blitz and Step & Roll and the temple theme seems to be inspired by the Monkey Island of Super Monkey Ball 3D. The Monkey Target is likely there due to how iconic it is in the series, seeing as it is said to be the only Monkey Ball track in the game.

I'll say it once and I'll say it plenty more times:

6evxj.jpg

Sketch Turner. Don't really know about the car but him in a Paper Sail boat and Paper Aeroplane would be amazing to see.

As for Sonic characters I wouldn't mind seeing the Chaotix driving the Heroes cart again. Though I have a feeling Big's not coming back in, which is a shame really. It gives me a warm feeling inside to constantly win as a genuinely crap character.

• Thumbs Up 4

Give me my boy Agent G of the House of the Dead Series, than Sega will get my money.

I'll say it once and I'll say it plenty more times:

6evxj.jpg

Sketch Turner. Don't really know about the car but him in a Paper Sail boat and Paper Aeroplane would be amazing to see.

I would LOVE to see Sketch, but his chances are relatively low considering how obscure he is. I'm not sure about seeing him in paper vehicles. I'd rather see him in something that looks like a superhero-style vehicle, with the logo from his hero outfit on the front hood. I suppose it could be designed in a way that makes it look like it was inked by a comic artist but overall it should look like something a member of the Justice League would drive.

Edited by PsychoJosh

I have to say, some House of the Dead Overkill representation would be amazing, especially considering it's the most recent entry in the series, but god I don't think even "Curien Mansion" as the franchise source would be enough to distance that game from this one, lol.

Richard Jacques remixing "House Of The Dead" or "Torn Out Twisted" or "Overkill" though... *audiable drooling noises*

EDIT: Aaaa apologies. Dantemustdie's post is what triggered me to think HotD but I was speaking track-wise. Gosh these multiple topics do require one to pay attention.

Edited by JezMM

The character I would love to see the most is Vectorman, I mean he would be his OWN vehicle, a motorcycle form for ground, his jet form for flying sections and his dolphin form for water sections. And his tank form as his All-star move. Wich brings me to...how will all-stars function on water / air, Supersonic makes sense as he just hovers on ground, hover on water and flying in air, but I cant just see Ryos forklift attacking on water o_O water/air all-star modifications? I bet thats a good question for S0L!

All-stars basically functioned like Bullet Bills in the last game. This time I assume it won't be an autopilot mode and be more of an attacking/offensive maneuver. For example I picture that Gilius will be able to aim and fire lightning bolts, Sonic would have to steer and boost to smack cars away (in full control, not like in the last game) and Vyse's vehicle grows broadside cannons to open fire with.

Actually... wait, what if all-star powers literally transform your vehicle into a machine of destruction? That would be really cool, each superpowered vehicle gets its own abilities.