Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Actually I love Zero Gravity. The whole Riders series is cool... okay except maybe Free Riders.

So yeah Sonic & All-Stars Hoverboarding would be cool. biggrin.png

The only thing which I found better when comparing Zero Gravity to Riders, is the graphical improvement, and the soundtrack (both are good, but I like ZG's a bit more).

Yeah and they totally didn't ask what you think of their abilities for making a fighting game instead of usual racing one.

Well they also totally didn't say "If SUMO guys think they can make a great fighting game" like you made out yesterday.

Also just take a look at their game history, part of the reason why ASRT was such a great game is because Sumo digital have made tons of really good racing games.

How many fighting games have they made?

Well, how about a cooperation with Vitua Fighter's developement team Sega AM2?

Say what you will, but friggin' THREE racing all-star games in a row is just an overkill. A new Sonic riders game is fine though.

Say what you will, but friggin' THREE racing all-star games in a row is just an overkill. A new Sonic riders game is fine though.

It's all fundamently same honestly. It might just cos you don't have any love for the SEGA characters outside of Sanic.

>.>

<.<

>.<

Yeah.

I guess there's the whole Riders having a story deal and interesting characters like Jet but yeah, I don't see why you're so biased...

Wait, you want Adventure 3 and you're calling 3 sequels overkill. That way Sonic 1,2,3 is overkill too. 

As long as it's good and isn't like ALL THE TIME with no changes, it's not overkill man.

tho i honesly would like seeing hoverboards and story for the next all-stars lol

Say what you will, but friggin' THREE racing all-star games in a row is just an overkill.

Trilogy games are not an overkill, especially when there is room for improvement. Transformed can be better.

A new Sonic riders game is fine though.

Sonic Riders has 3 games. But you don't call that an overkill?

Trilogy games are not an overkill, especially when there is room for improvement. Transformed can be better.

The Riders series needs some justice...unlike the All Stars Racing games were the first and second ones are great, Riders only really has one great entry in my eyes.

Why is it?

ASR and ASRT are two very different games.

Well they also totally didn't say "If SUMO guys think they can make a great fighting game" like you made out yesterday.

Also just take a look at their game history, part of the reason why ASRT was such a great game is because Sumo digital have made tons of really good racing games.

How many fighting games have they made?

But, are you, like, saying that Sumo should stick with racing games just because they're good at it? If they try something new you think they will fail at first? I don't get this logic, everything starts at zero, some are sucessfull, some are not, but you will eventually gain experience. Sumo's first game was OutRun 2, correct? It's a great racing game, so why it's so hard to believe that if they make their first fighting game it can be sucessfull and fun as well? They got years of gaming experience, they just have a better ground on the racing genre. I agree with ArtFenix(but not in the way he puts his words), I think Sumo can and should try something that's not another racing game, even if Transformed still needs some "fixes" as people already pointed out.

But anyyyyway...

S0L, news on DLC? :D :D

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

I said: three racing games IN A ROW. Yeah, ri-i-ight.

And giving SONIC games is a bad example because the formula can be pretty much the same. That's why we've had 3 games (in a row) that use pretty much the same gameplay but it's not as bad because it's...well...Sonic games. The formula is just consistent (though quite stale)

As for riders. Huh?

- the games are a whole spin-off saga.

- there are stories (except Free riders, screw it)

- The gameplay is VASTLY different and even if it wasn't, that game series is it's own series and the games and I highly doubt anyone would call releasing a new riders game overkill.

BTW I do love SOME other SEGA characters. That's why I didn't say "screw that all-stars bullcrap" but instead I said "let's just make a fighting game".

Why is it?

ASR and ASRT are two very different games.

They are and still alike in many aspects. Some levels don't even feature the whole "transformation" gimmick transforming the game into some kind of rehash or DLC for the first game.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind that the Riders games had long lengths of times between each installment. Also, each installment was featured on different systems (PS2, Wii, 360).

I'm not so sure I would buy another ASR. I'm kind of tired of it. I'd rather have a DLC map or two.

There were no license issues with Vectorman, Sumo even designed a model for him, but he was scrapped because he was just green balls. They wanted him in, but as a primary character, he didn't fit.

No, its called he was medium on the short list, and others made it there first, just like Sketch Turner didnt make it cause he was human, Vectorman didnt make it because he was a robot, and his design was a a challenge. And Because SUMO Wasnt sure at the time about who owned the IP, but now we do know. I also imagine the DLC petition competition helped as well

Yeah, I recall the issue with Vectorman being the vehicle design more than anything else.

I'm not so sure I would buy another ASR. I'm kind of tired of it. I'd rather have a DLC map or two.

Yeah, this.  I'd prefer the next game be another sport title than a fighting game, though I'd still take Sega the Fighters any day.

They are and still alike in many aspects. Some levels don't even feature the whole "transformation" gimmick transforming the game into some kind of rehash or DLC for the first game.

You cannot be serious?

But, are you, like, saying that Sumo should stick with racing games just because they're good at it?

Because everybody keeps saying very specific games or has an idea in their head as to what a fighting game would look like, what they're not taking into a count is that the people who made those games have some kind of history with that kind of genre. You can't just switch to another genre which you've had no experience with and expect it to turn out exactly like or better than what people expect or compare it to.

• Thumbs Up 2

You cannot be serious?

Because everybody keeps saying very specific games or has an idea in their head as to what a fighting game would look like, what they're not taking into a count is that the people who made those games have some kind of history with that kind of genre. You can't just switch to another genre which you've had no experience with and expect it to turn out exactly like or better than what people expect or compare it to.

You never know until you try. Otherwise they'll be stuck with racing games for eternity.

And yes, I am serious. Why wouldn't I be? What I said in that sentense is just truth.

Edited by ArtFenix

And yes, I am serious. Why wouldn't I be? What I said in that sentense is just truth.

Not it's not... and it's perfectly evident when playing, especially in online races.

One of the biggest problems with the original ASR is that once a player gets into 1st place, it's very hard to catch them up unless you get extremely lucky with weapon power ups. Tracks offer very little in terms of hazards or boosting opportunities for the players to succeed or fail at which greatly influences winner outcome.

In ASRT this isn't the case, even when theres only 1 transform gate, every track is designed so that there are ample opportunities for good players to be in with a chance of catching the leader up without having to rely on lucky shots from weaponry. Whilst ASR tracks rely only on lucky weapon hits or the leader messing up a turn. ASRT's tracks add risk boosts and danger boosts, as well as alternative routes on some courses which actually do make a difference depending which one you go for. Not to mention almost every track on ASRT has a decent ammount of stunt areas which can be vital for both winning a race and making races more varied.

But when you enter a race which is on the classic track, with the exception of the Death Egg course (and this is only due to one area), the tracks are very boring compared to the ASRT track. Classic Samba is pretty much just a flat surface, Classic Jet Set Radio isn't much better either. But the ASRT tracks just have much superior design even if they lack transform gates.

• Thumbs Up 1

I came in expecting news of DLC, instead I get a member claiming his POV on something is "truth".

• Thumbs Up 1

But when you enter a race which is on the classic track, with the exception of the Death Egg course (and this is only due to one area), the tracks are very boring compared to the ASRT track. Classic Samba is pretty much just a flat surface, Classic Jet Set Radio isn't much better either. But the ASRT tracks just have much superior design even if they lack transform gates.

Those are still a part of the game).

And if players are skilled enough then there are equal opportunities to catch up with the first place racer. The weapons are mostly the same, only varying by skins. I'd say Transformed is a much more refined game, but it's still very similar to the first one when you have race tracks without transformation gimmick.

Sorry to interrupt your genuine discussion, but i have a question and i don't know where to search if it has been already answered: what happened to the famous DLC wishlist made by fans after SoL took it? Did Sumo officialy said something about it (even deconfirming it)?

IF they did go the fighting game route, which would it be?

Compete with Smash Bros?

Or do a Virtua Fighter style?

Compete with Smash Bros?

Or do a Virtua Fighter style?

-looks at PSABR-

...yeah let's go with Virtua Fighter.

Besides, they own it so hey, do what works.