Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

That, and you know folks are just awaiting the next Mario Kart title, and theirs no telling how huge that's gonna be.

Which reminds me, I better put in a lot of work this summer to save up for a WiiU, before news of that game will surface or other big titles.

To be honest I think people are a little too hopeful about Nintendo's delayed first party offerings.

The last two Mario Karts were disappointments to me and really lag behind what Transformed was able to do with its unique gameplay and creative energy.

Same with the last Smash Bros., Zelda, and Metroid titles. I loved Super Mario 3D Land but the New Super Mario games have always been a weak series.

Nintendo seems to be running on empty without any strong new IPs lately.

Edited by Sir Dwayne

To be honest I think people are a little too hopeful about Nintendo's delayed first party offerings.

The last two Mario Karts were disappointments to me and really lag behind what Transformed was able to do with its unique gameplay and creative energy.

Same with the last Smash Bros., Zelda, and Metroid titles. I loved Super Mario 3D Land but the New Super Mario games have always been a weak series.

I disagree, the Mario Galaxy titles were perhaps the best platformers I've played in a long time, I think that when Nintendo finally get to releasing new-gen Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Pikmin etc. They'll be rolling in people's cash because those are the games people are basically investing in when buying an Nintendo Console.

So at one point there was a retail copy of this for the PC version, at least for Europe, has anyone seen this in stores at all?

Only I'd quite like to pick up a physical copy of it if there is.

Anyone got any ideas?

I remember S0L saying it's a disc copy, but the disc installs Steam and the game itself and you must register with Steam to activate your copy.

S&ART kinda reminds me of Diddy Kong Racing, to be honest.  The New Super Mario series is okay, but its ridiculously casual. Hopefully they can get back to making strong games that don't focus on the casual market now that the smartphones and tablets have basically taken over that sector. 

Edited by Cyalume

So at one point there was a retail copy of this for the PC version, at least for Europe, has anyone seen this in stores at all?

Only I'd quite like to pick up a physical copy of it if there is.

Anyone got any ideas?

Out this Friday, according to GAME.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-181787?pageSize=20&searchTerm=sonic%20&%20all-stars%20racing%20transformed

EDIT:

ShopTo says it's "Just released" and has it for £11.86:

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/pc/PCSO26-sonic-allstars-racing-transformed

Can someone please tell me this. i got all the mods for all the characters on the ps3 version but i got nothing why. and on the 3ds version you can play the outrun track online. and on the 3ds version i think the songs are glitched because only parts of the songs start. and when i used the all star the song unglitched. and i want to ask ming ming shana something where is your user anime pic from because i like it.

Can someone please tell me this. i got all the mods for all the characters on the ps3 version but i got nothing why.

Theres no trophies tied to that if thats what you mean. As for game unlockables, I think theres a sticker but otherwise thats it. Total completion is 110% Though I'm not sure if Alex Kidd might have messed that stat up.

Friend of mine got ASRT recently on Steam but he says the vehicle models and maps themselves aren't appearing.  The game loads and he can HEAR the action but can't see anything.  This includes the 3D background elements of the main menu.

He IS running on a laptop and is mostly likely below minimum specs, if those might be the cause.  But if not is this a common issue and if so how can he fix it?

Edited by JezMM

Friend of mine got ASRT recently on Steam but he says the vehicle models and maps themselves aren't appearing.  The game loads and he can HEAR the action but can't see anything.  This includes the 3D background elements of the main menu.

He IS running on a laptop and is mostly likely below minimum specs, if those might be the cause.  But if not is this a common issue and if so how can he fix it?

It sounds like his computer's specs aren't up to par. I had that happen a few years ago on one of my older computers.

Not really much to suggest here beyond maybe updating his drivers for his graphics card.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't SUMO say they are soon releasing a patch for the PC version that will help lower end PCs?

I'm loving the PC version, it's great fun even though i'm not particularly good at it. :P If anybody fancies a few races sometime, send me a PM and i'll add you on steam. :)

I don't remember hearing of that patch, but if they are that would be nice. My laptop runs the game fine on minimal settings, but with a little bit of lag here and there.

Uh oh, seems like he's playing Blankity Blank and All-Stars Blankity Blanking Transformed. From what I understand, it's due to using an unsupported card, not specifically a weak one. S0L said they were looking into increasing compatibility in a patch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are there any plans to moderate the PC leaderboards? Are they doing it on consoles either? I feel like cheaters- especially the ones who are in EVERY LEVEL like MOTARO.ru, kinda kill a bit of the fun in going for high scores. 

Is there a console patch on the way? I think I remember S0L saying it was with Sega QA,. Really hoping it comes through and fixes the online mode so I can play without rage quitting.

The patch is probably taking ages because it's most likely (bar a DLC decision) to be the last patch, and considering what happened with the Wii-U version they're not taking any chances with it.

if it is the INTZ problem, they are beta testing it, and if you go to the steam disscusion and find out how to get in it

Has anyone ever received a "Danger Boost"? I'm pretty sure it's just different name the announcer uses for a risk boost (like "Skytigers" for Swarm) but it seems to be quite rare.

I got one once, but was never certain why or how I did.  I think it might have been an accidental risk boost, but since I didn't do it on purpose I don't know if it was a perfectly timed one, involved a danger I avoided without knowing it (e.g. iceball coming up behind me), or just a random variation in the sound clip.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/864960354345973702/

• 3 weeks later...

Thank god, finally I can race other people without worrying about the opponent knocking me into limbo.