Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Yeah that's what I meant with replace their gear with hover skate versions of their actual skates ;)

I don't think even Sonic could get me to play a fighter - well, actually I did play Sonic Fighters, but only because it was on the GEms collection that I bought for the other games.  Probably that'd be the best for snagging the general gaming crowd, though, because they seem to be very popular.  I'd get right behind a Riders-type game, on the other hand, I loved the first two.  I'd like Balance board support as an option.

I'm with guys who would like to see a fighting game. I personally would like a SONIC fighting game but if you guys at SUMO will be asked to make an all-star game, it would still be great if it was a fighting game. For Sonic characters there are already a lot of things to take from Sonic Fighters and Sonic Battle and for non-Sonic characters you could just make the new moves or look for them in their respective games.

A new Sonic riders game by SUMO would also be awesome. Just add some nice story like in ZG.

Oh yeah. For God's sake! Add Blaze or/and Silver to Sonic roster please!)) ...or Tikal.^_^

Edited by ArtFenix

Welp, Seems lots of people want a fighting game. I'm pretty darn sure that's probably what Sumo will be working on now (Better make sure I release my little fighting fan-game soon or it'll look lame in comparison to Sumo's awesome-ness). However, I have a different suggestion.

Party Game. Something like Mario Party/Sonic Shuffle, but with Sega-characters, not just Sonic. The mini-games would be heavily based around their respective franchises, and would control similarly, not just dumbed down versions. As for the game-boards, maybe something like world tour would work,

Also, chalk me up as a supporter for a Sumo Sonic Riders 4/All-Stars Riders.

Am I the only one that is a bit hesitant to a fighting game?

Why is/was ASRT so great? A big part of the reason is Sumos history, just take a look at it, It's full of racing titles. They understand this genre and have demonstrated they're probably the best at it. A fighting game though is a completely different and extremely risky direction.

But to entertain the idea of a fighting game... how about something out of the ballpark that would fit the all stars nature a bit better.

E.g. Sonic & All Stars Giant Battle Robots

The All Star's fight each other in giant mechanical robot versions of themselves. Think something like Z.O.E. or even one of those PS2 Godzilla games.

Battles could take place in some kind of 3D field, be it flying or on the ground through a city/sega themed stage.

Though personally, I would love to see them do an RPG. Can you imagine walking around stages like Adders Lair, buying items from the elfs, fighting dragons/lizard knights/skelletons in the dungeons? Or even exploring the ruined city of New York, where only part of the city is in colour and other parts you can see are in a sketch form as the artist hasn't yet finished them?

Boss fights could be amazing. Just think about fighting old sega villains again only this time you could have Sonic spin attacking Death Adder or Bayonetta going witch to demon against Mortus from Comix Zone? Heck you could even have Ulala's Space Ship broadcasting to the Death Egg and she battles Eggman in a dance off... stupid... but funny!

• Thumbs Up 4

Godammit, I freaking love doing rosters for this kind of stuff...

HExxWEF.jpg

Here is my perfect roster for Super Sega Bros All Stars Battle Royal Arena 2 Hyper HD Remix Turbo Arcade Edition 2012 2013 Version x Tekken.

A fighting game would be a great way to introduce some "mature" and obscure characters while still having the usual suspects like Sonic, Amigo and Aiai.

There would also be no need to have a shitload of Sonic characters like usual.

For console exclusives I decided to go for Kratos and Master Chief since they already where in some fighting games, but choose Cap. Falcon instead of Mario since he would be a much better fit.

Since a shitload of people like Miku, especially Japan where we have Vita and 3DS Sega games of her, I decided to have her in there too.

This is just some shit I decided to make since I was bored, but yeah...

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 2

I much prefer another racing title from Sumo instead of a new "fighting" title. The fighting genre has Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, BlazBlue, PS-AllStars/Super Smash Bros. that it will be hard for a new fighting title to stand out from the crowd.

For kart racers there is only one that stands out. Mario Kart. Which is exclusive to Nintendo. The others (LittleBigPlanet Karting, Madagascar Kartz, Ben 10 Galactic Racing...) are all junk to mediocre. And Sumo are experts in this type of field so it's better for them to stick on what they know instead of risking something that will turn out "meh" in the end.

You saw the struggle of SuperBot having to keep tweaking PlayStation All-Stars because most character moves were unbalanced. They were new to the genre as well. Sumo will definitely have this problem, and they and Sega must be fully committed to keep patching the unbalanced moves until they are balanced.

Besides the PS4 and the new Xbox would need another strong racing title like Transformed. Sumo, stick with what you know and improve on it. You can definitely improve from Transformed.

EDIT: Sonic Riders like game? Urrr, no thanks. It's a mess. Besides, shouldn't this be handled by the original developers of Sonic Riders?

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy
  • Thumbs Up 1

So like, my idea for a Sega crossover platformer type thing now

So it's a bit of a Generations esque premise, but instead of that stupid hedgehog coming along to save the day, Sega's greatest hero ever is here to save the company. So after of the Saturn carrying, explosive throwing, gi wearing, badass died on the back of a rocket, without Segata there to protect Sega HQ, the evil villains at DOGMA were able to completely wipe the Sega franchise from the face of the planet, after Taro failed to stop them himself. This results in a mysterious tower arriving to a strange purgatory world, the same place that Segata has been training, knowing that his obligation to the company transcends the bounds of time and space, and that if Sega would ever need him again, he'd be there. Soon, after noticing the tower, he recognized the iconic logo over the entrance (well and the famous SEGAAA that rang out upon the tower's arrival), and quickly moved into action. He'd also be accompanied by AGES, a sentient little sprite of spare code with the ability to transform into various Sega related items and vehicles to assist Segata on his adventure.

The game's setting would be in "Sega Town" a small area surrounding a massive tower at its center. At first the town would be completely empty and void of life, but as you progress further into the game you'll slowly fill the world with some of Sega's iconic characters and franchises. The town would act as the main hub area, and once the characters start appearing they'll offer little shops for Segata to buy power-ups, transformations for AGES, costumes, and what not, or maybe challenge him to little missions within the levels, or just give him some quirky little messages, and maybe even a few small cutscenes based on their interactions (Dance off between Raphael and Ulala, Segata and Sakura returning to their romantic relationship, Alex Kidd trying to convince Sonic to give him the mascot spot back, etc.)

The main game would take place within the tower, which would consist of 5 main floors based on 5 eras of Sega, The Master System era, Genesis/Mega Drive era, Saturn era, Dreamcast era, and Modern era. Each floor would hold 7 gateways/arcade machines based on a different Sega franchise that originated on that console. So the level set up would be:

Master System Level: Fantasy Zone, Alex Kidd, Wonderboy, OutRun, Shinobi, Afterburner, Phantasy Star

Genesis/Mega Drive Level: Sonic, Puyo Puyo, Streets of Rage, Comix Zone, Ristar, Vectorman, Golden Axe

Saturn Level: NiGHTS, Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead, Dynamite Deka, Sakura Wars, Virtua (Mash-up of all the Virtua stuff)

Dreamcast Level: Jet Set Radio, Samba de Amigo, Space Channel 5, Crazy Taxi, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Segagaga

Modern Level: Super Monkey Ball, Billy Hatcher, Bayonetta, Madworld, Skies of Arcadia, Vanquish, Rhythm Thief

Each level would also have a pair of minigames accompanying them, some based on other Sonic games, while others further delve into the game the level is based on. So like with Sonic there could be one minigame that was a mash-up of various special stages, and the other would be a race against Sonic and his friends to Super Sonic Racing. Space Channel 5 could have a special dance battle minigame and another based on ChuChu Rocket, Afterburner could have a Periscope (I believe was Sega's first game) game and a basic game of Afterburner, etc.

After reaching the top of the tower, there would be one more level based on the actual Sega HQ with a bit of a Sega Carnival theme mixed into it, as he makes his way to fight the final boss, which would essentially be a ungodly clusterfuck of competitor consoles (Segata battles it atop of his Saturn, upgraded by the Super Lock-On features of Sega's console to combine it with the other 3 consoles) and after destroying the final boss with the power of Blast Processing, Sega stocks would skyrocket and the sudden increase of cash would suddenly return Sega Town to the living world, allowing Segata and all of Sega's other iconic characters to roam to spread the word of Sega to all of the good little boys, girls, and nerds across the world.

It could be pretty legit

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one that is a bit hesitant to a fighting game?

Why is/was ASRT so great? A big part of the reason is Sumos history, just take a look at it, It's full of racing titles. They understand this genre and have demonstrated they're probably the best at it. A fighting game though is a completely different and extremely risky direction.

Nah, I am too.The first one had a great roster, but feels like a knockoff after this game. Transformed has great gameplay but a poor roster. With the jump to 8th gen the "memory problems" that disallowed doubles and the like should be gone, and a good roster + the few refinements Transformed's gameplay needs would be the greatest racing game ever(that and these games are the only multi platform arcade racers IIRC). Then a fighting game =P

Heck, for the lolz I'll ramble vehicle idea's for Tmsp's roster:

Sonic, Knuckles, AiAi, Amigo, Gilius, Alex Kidd: Mostly the same stuff they used last game with a slight redesign, If it ain't broke don't fix it. XD

Shadow: The buggy from 06, which turns into the hoverfan and glider. *bricked*

Jet: Maybe a version of Joe Musashi's jet ATV?

NiGHTS: Since having him be the car itself is... weird, how bout that surreal concept S0L mentioned?

Akira and Pi Chan: The Outrun-ish car from ASR. it would be fitting to both, considering Pi Chan hanged out with Akira in the anime.

Ryo: Transforming Forklift.

Bayonetta: Since Bikes are out, how bout something formed from her hair?

Segata: The SEGA Saturn, with its accessories as bits and bobs.

Jack Cayman: Something chainsaw themed... A redesign of the Hotrod of Horror, to fit the Madworld/Anarchy Reigns universe.

Vectorman: Oh this one's easy. His land form is the buggy, Sea is an empty Speedboat, and Air is his helicopter form from Vectorman 2.

Hornet: AGES would be a bit predictable... Unless it was different vehicles or something. Course a Boat and Plane form could work.

Sketch Turner: Something 90's-80's ish... A Batmobile homange, which changes to a Batboat & Batjet.

Beat: A Skyline Knock-off

Blaze Fielding: A Corvette C4 with police markings, complete with siren. It changes to a speedboat in water and a Police helicopter in air.

Fei-Yen Kin: She's a mecha, so she's gonna be sorta like Vectorman. Land resembles Tails' Cyclone's car form from SA2 with her "Skirt" as wheels, sea is a Hydro-Thunder-esque boat with hydrofoils, air is a jet.

Kazama Kiryu: A japanese luxury convertible, probably a 350Z.

ToeJam & Earl: Their spaceship, tuned to the terrain. Maybe have something cool: their speaker animate to the music.

Selvaria Bles: A Kubelwagon. Seriously, the Germans made an amphibious version.

Isaac Washington: A homage of the Dawn of the Dead bus.

Edited by FourCartridge

Hey, I still have to say, wheter its a racer or fighter, we need Nack(Fang)! and or Bark perhaps, it would be nice to mix things up
With Sketch, I would say his vehicle would have to be a comic throwback combined with a bit of 80's style. and the plane transformation could be a flying flapjack!(its a prototype flying body plane from WW2, it was also in a comic series)

it was in a comic called... skywolves I think
skywolveswwii7.jpg

Actual thing, sadly they destroyed the only prototype, they had to use welding torches though, a wrecking ball BOUNCED off this plane
Vought-XF5U.jpg

Eh.. Sonic in the next smash brothers is enough for me personally.

I wouldn't mind a Sonic All Stars RPG to be honest.

The sonic riders idea sounds nice, along with a sequel to transformed too but honestly as a fighter it would have to be something really unique and original and not just like most 2d fighters so I was thinking about something atune to games like anarchy reigns, gotcha force, kid icarus uprising, and maybe even powerstone to a degree, the reason why I could see this working is because if everything is in 3d you would get the benefits of going around the world's and the character's movements won't be so limited, as to how the actual gameplay would work with this plethora of characters, I don't know but I do have a slight idea in my head.

I much prefer another racing title from Sumo instead of a new "fighting" title. The fighting genre has Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, BlazBlue, PS-AllStars/Super Smash Bros. that it will be hard for a new fighting title to stand out from the crowd.

For kart racers there is only one that stands out. Mario Kart. Which is exclusive to Nintendo. The others (LittleBigPlanet Karting, Madagascar Kartz, Ben 10 Galactic Racing...) are all junk to mediocre. And Sumo are experts in this type of field so it's better for them to stick on what they know instead of risking something that will turn out "meh" in the end.

You saw the struggle of SuperBot having to keep tweaking PlayStation All-Stars because most character moves were unbalanced. They were new to the genre as well. Sumo will definitely have this problem, and they and Sega must be fully committed to keep patching the unbalanced moves until they are balanced.

Besides the PS4 and the new Xbox would need another strong racing title like Transformed. Sumo, stick with what you know and improve on it. You can definitely improve from Transformed.

EDIT: Sonic Riders like game? Urrr, no thanks. It's a mess. Besides, shouldn't this be handled by the original developers of Sonic Riders?

Yeah, but Racing Transformed already destroyed most of the Mario Karts around.

Sumo made amazing racing games, why can't they try to do amazing fighting games as well? I'm sure they can dig something GREAT, Transformed is an example of innovation and fun. I trust then.

Yeah, but Racing Transformed already destroyed most of the Mario Karts around.

Sumo made amazing racing games, why can't they try to do amazing fighting games as well? I'm sure they can dig something GREAT, Transformed is an example of innovation and fun. I trust then.

You said "most". Most of the Mario Karts around. Beat all of the Mario Karts around first. There's room for improvement after Transformed.

Sumo have no experience on fighting games, Jango. It will be like Superbot and PS All-Stars. I, personally don't want another Street Fighter/Marvel v. Capcom copy.

We also need another solid racing title for the PS4 and New Xbox.

You guys are hilarious. If SUMO guys think they can make a great fighting game which pretty much everyone here wants, then why the hell not believe in them and their talents? You say it like you know better than SUMO themselves that they cannot make great a fighting game.

You guys are hilarious. If SUMO guys think they can make a great fighting game which pretty much everyone here wants, then why the hell not believe in them and their talents? You say it like you know better than SUMO themselves that they cannot make great a fighting game.

Oh be quiet. SUMO/S0L only asked what should the next All-Stars game would be. Sheesh. =/

Yeah and they totally didn't ask what you think of their abilities for making a fighting game instead of usual racing one.

Heck no, I'd be behind a SEGA fighting game by them, they could go toe-to-toe with Smash Bros.(it's kinda their shtick now). My reasons for wanting a racing was more like they're the only multi platform arcade racers around. I know the genre is often marginalized but if they leave it there's going to be a massive gap in it that may never be filled.

Besides, there's a whole lotta other series that need rep in ASR. =V

EDIT: I do admit that after a 3rd title it will have gotten old and then everyone will want a fighting game, but I really want them to make that last one be the best racing game ever.

Edited by FourCartridge

Heck no, I'd be behind a SEGA fighting game by them, they could go toe-to-toe with Smash Bros.(it's kinda their shtick now). My reasons for wanting a racing was more like they're the only multi platform arcade racers around. I know the genre is often marginalized but if they leave it there's going to be a massive gap in it that may never be filled.

Besides, there's a whole lotta other series that need rep in ASR. =V

So you'd rather have yet ANOTHER racing game? I'm sure as I can be that I don't want all-stars series to become the next NFS. No, thank you very much.

AS for other characters in need of being represented, that's what DLC is for but I guess we won't see any more DLC for Transformed just like we won't see the official soundtrack.

Edited by ArtFenix

Actually I love Zero Gravity. The whole Riders series is cool... okay except maybe Free Riders.

So yeah Sonic & All-Stars Hoverboarding would be cool. :D 

• Thumbs Up 1

So you'd rather have yet ANOTHER racing game? I'm sure as I can be that I don't want all-stars series to become the next NFS. No, thank you very much.

AS for other characters in need of being represented, that's what DLC is for but I guess we won't see any more DLC for Transformed just like we won't see the official soundtrack.

Yeah. Arcade Racers are my favorite genre, so I would like a racing game, out of personal preference. Transformed is going to be one of my favorite games ever. If it does get DLC, I'd take out the reservations on a fighting game for sure, but for now, I think SUMO could come up with an idea to make it fresh; seeing the Rider's-esque hoverboard being thrown around. Then we can have the fighting game. =P

And please not make it Capcom vs. SEGA. I'm pretty sure we want 3D Fighters Megamix 2 if the other posts are to go by.

Yeah and they totally didn't ask what you think of their abilities for making a fighting game instead of usual racing one.

They didn't ask you to become a complete jerk either. =/

So you'd rather have yet ANOTHER racing game?

Yes. I'm a huge fan of the genre.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

Yeah. Arcade Racers are my favorite genre, so I would like a racing game, out of personal preference. Transformed is going to be one of my favorite games ever. If it does get DLC, I'd take out the reservations on a fighting game for sure, but for now, I think SUMO could come up with an idea to make it fresh; seeing the Rider's-esque hoverboard being thrown around. Then we can have the fighting game. =P

And please not make it Capcom vs. SEGA. I'm pretty sure we want 3D Fighters Megamix 2 if the other posts are to go by.

Yep, combine 3D fighters megamix with some classic beat-em up style from Comix zone or Streets of Rage and you have a winner

Personally, a racer of some sort would be better suited since they have more than enough experience in that field to outshine perhaps the next generations of Mario Kart off the bat, Transformed was fantastic but there was a lot of design choices that ultimately lets it down, the online side for one is VERY limited when the original had a much nicer online system, the various game modes weren't really needed at all, or at least not so many because I reckon SUMO expected them to be used a lot more than they actually are online.

Also they need to balance the roster out better this time, Transformed was the better game overall but I still feel it has the weakest character selection out of the 2 race titles so far, hopefully a third instalment will fix this problem.

Personally I want to see a bit more of a logical approach to it this time where they pick Mega Drive/Genesis Era characters and games to take tracks from, then Saturn/Dreamcast then just focus on newer stuff from the new IP's like Bayonetta, Anarchy Reigns etc. Then you can have you Vectormans and Sketch Turners, as long as you keep the main SEGA all stars as veterans for the next game at least.

I don't know, I just think SUMO are better suited to something they've got experience in and are critically acclaimed for their success than something newer to them, I'd say if you want a SEGA fighter have someone work with SEGA on it who are good in that Field like SNK or Capcom, personally if it came to a crossover the only people I want to see fight SEGA are Nintendo, brand it and call it ""SEGA Vs Nintendo - Console Wars" or something cheesy like that hahaha.

• Thumbs Up 1