Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

It'd also turned into quite a hefty chunk of work that thread. As I couldn't update every day, it'd literally take me 3 hours to catch up. As much as I love you guys, I also love to go home sometimes! That beer doesn't drink itself either...

Well... don't worry S0L because I'm willing to help you. First thing in the morning I'll be down there at Sumo to drink all the beer I can!

How did that DLC meeting go? The one you said had a positive responce on? Or is that not happening anymore? If it's not, any clues as to what it was going to be?

Also... I wonder if we can somehow squeeze S0L to spill the beans on certain rumors about a boy, a boy made of sack... . ... no he'd probably destroy us... or send black phantom Sumo racers into our game when we played online.

P.S. I might as well ask since I doubt I'm going to get much of an opportunity again. Are there any QA/Tester jobs going at Sumo? If so can I apply? Yes I am being serious, despite how my avatar currently looks.

Thanks for everything S0L, and I am as curious as hogfather as well in general about DLC, could care less about the boy made of sack though

Thanks for all the info on the game this part year SOL. You guys made the best racing game ever made smile.png

Edited by BlueTidalGamer
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thx SOL for the ps3 and 3ds versions of sonic. i like how sonic and amy and there cars look on the ps3 and 3ds versions. and SOL i want to ask you something. you said that there's no dlc levels right. but on the 3ds version there's 4 levels locked that say dlc. and 2 more things. why is it that in sanctuary falls on the 3ds there's a lot of parts of the song missing. i hope you fix this with an update. that was one of my favorite songs in transformed. and yes the 3ds can get updates. mario kart 7 last year got an update. and 1 more thing. why is it that some times the 3ds version stops a lot of times when i'm racing. and my code for the outrun track on the 3ds does not work why. i hope you see my comment SOL and thank you for everything.

So I was going to work on this over the weekend to show what I think would be a really cool addition if possible. Only now that it seems that production is winding down, I thought I'd post it asap to see what people thought about it and in the vain hope S0L might see it and comment on the possability. But... what the heck, here it is in a basic form.

The screens are from the Vita version, because it's easier to work with screenshots from that than a camera on a TV screen, and they're automatically put at a decent size for forums. The edits in my edit software are very basic I know, and you can spot the obvious errors. But I hope this will give you a hint as to what I'm talking about.

When I was doing the time trials, I managed to get within a top 10 score and the announcer said something like 'Top 10 score aquired!' and I thought 'heh cool!' when I quit the game, I didn't notice any bonus XP for doing that 'not that it would have helped as I was playing as Metal Sonic.'

Well I then started to go for a few mods, only when I hit level 2 through to 3 it seemed to take a very long time. And I was starting to wish there were more lucrative ways to give you extra XP.

And then I came up with this idea and the framework to do it is... sorta.... but... not really... already in the game.

You can send your friend invites to your game right? Well... why not challenges?

Picture the scene, you do a great time on a stage or event. E.g. you get a great time in a Time Attack event, or even a career challenge like Traffic Attack or Drift Challenge. After you beat the stage and return to the main menu, what if it looked like this....

idea1.png

As you can see, I've added the L button/L2  to the menu since it doesn't do anything on that screen, I presume it's the same for the Xbox 360/Wii-U When you press that button, it logs your current high score for that event, the character you used, the mod and sends the data to the consoles own PM/Messaging system. In this example, it's, Ocean View, Metal Sonic, Time Attack of 0:32.472 and because I forgot to add/show it, the Genesis Mod.

Upon pushing L/L2 you get to your friends list and you select you who wish to send the challenge too, exactly the same way you'd get/send an invite/party request, so the message would look a bit like this.

idea2.png

Here I've challenged Shadzter to try and beat my best time under those conditions. If Shadzter declines, then it's just like rejecting a game invite. However, if he accepts it, he's taken to that stage/mode, the character/mod is picked (if he's unlocked it) and away he goes.

Say he doesn't beat it and gives up... nothing happens, just returned to the main menu.

But if he does beat it, if the stage doesn't auto end or upon ending the session... during the results he'd see something like this...

idea3.png

The game would register that the challenge has been beaten, and as a reward he would get some bonus XP for doing the challenge.

Why I think this would be cool

It would allow players to compete against each other in new ways, the whole game could be opened up and challenges could be issued for virtually any character on any stage/event in the game. Effectively, giving players the ability to set each other challenges or achivements which the game would reward if the player beats it with some actual in game 'currency' that comes in use to the player. Mainly from a completionist standpoint (stickers/mods/race mods). Though profiles could include a stat called 'friend challenges beaten' much like it has the 'online wins' stat right now.

Obvious problems

People would abuse it... someone got a time of 99 min on ocean view... quick send a million challenges to another player! Though a simple rule of '1 challenge to a 1 friend per 24 hours' would dramatically cut down this.

If the player doesn't beat the challenge, what does the other guy get? There would need to be something for the person issuing the challenge otherwise it wouldn't be as popular.

If the person taking the challenge has maxed out that character, why would they do it? Unless you could transfere the XP to another character, this would be a problem.

Anyway thats my idea. It was just something that I thought would add more interactivity between players and even encourage users to try alternative characters over their favourites since I imagine some people would eventually try out other characters/scenarios just to see if they could outdo their friends in some way. But also, by rewarding the players for doing this with a key component in the main game, you make it something thats worth people accepting and doing as apposed to just rejecting it outrightly.

Well there you are.

• Thumbs Up 6

Quick question... did the wii u version ever get a patch or an update for voice chat? I heard someone talk in a lobby today... now not sure if thats a patch, or someone hacked the game already @_x

Sounds like a nice feature to have Hogfather! Just one problem...

People would abuse it... someone got a time of 99 min on ocean view... quick send a million challenges to another player! Though a simple rule of '1 challenge to a 1 friend per 24 hours' would dramatically cut down this.

So I can only send 1 challenge to 1 friend per day? I do think you should bump that number up a bit...1 challenge isn't enough. D=

Metal Sonic + Outrun Bay DLC for PC is expected to come out today. We still don't know if it's free or paid though.

I defenitely prefer Sonic & SEGA all Star Racing because the online system, items and yaw system is better than Sonic & All Star racing Transformed. However i recognize that Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed has better graphics than Sonic & Sega All Star Racing.

What do you think?

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Well it's really no surprise Transformed is doing well on the Wii U (even with the big glitches it had at the beginning). Good for Sumo and Sega though.

I defenitely prefer Sonic & SEGA all Star Racing because the online system, items and yaw system is better than Sonic & All Star racing Transformed. However i recognize that Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed has better graphics than Sonic & Sega All Star Racing.

What do you think?

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Better in everything, except maybe roster. But we got AGES, fucking AGES. And NiGHTS too.

What do you think?

Un saludo

BY DERHYUS.cool.png

Still I feel like the online glitches sometimes, or at least... when it comes to finding people. Sometimes I never find people, sometimes I go into a room with only one or two people. Rarely do I ever get a full room on the Wii U version. I wonder if its the times im playing online, but I don't think it should matter what time it is, unless its not world wide? Does anyone know if it looks for regional only or something?

Thought some of you might find this interesting.

Sony yesterday had 'that image' of the studios and developers making a PS4 game... well...

live0618.jpg

Sumo Digital is on the list.

You can send your friend invites to your game right? Well... why not challenges?

Picture the scene, you do a great time on a stage or event. E.g. you get a great time in a Time Attack event, or even a career challenge like Traffic Attack or Drift Challenge. After you beat the stage and return to the main menu, what if it looked like this....

As you can see, I've added the L button/L2  to the menu since it doesn't do anything on that screen, I presume it's the same for the Xbox 360/Wii-U When you press that button, it logs your current high score for that event, the character you used, the mod and sends the data to the consoles own PM/Messaging system. In this example, it's, Ocean View, Metal Sonic, Time Attack of 0:32.472 and because I forgot to add/show it, the Genesis Mod.

Upon pushing L/L2 you get to your friends list and you select you who wish to send the challenge too, exactly the same way you'd get/send an invite/party request, so the message would look a bit like this.

Here I've challenged Shadzter to try and beat my best time under those conditions. If Shadzter declines, then it's just like rejecting a game invite. However, if he accepts it, he's taken to that stage/mode, the character/mod is picked (if he's unlocked it) and away he goes.

Say he doesn't beat it and gives up... nothing happens, just returned to the main menu.

But if he does beat it, if the stage doesn't auto end or upon ending the session... during the results he'd see something like this...

idea3.png

The game would register that the challenge has been beaten, and as a reward he would get some bonus XP for doing the challenge.

Why I think this would be cool

It would allow players to compete against each other in new ways, the whole game could be opened up and challenges could be issued for virtually any character on any stage/event in the game. Effectively, giving players the ability to set each other challenges or achivements which the game would reward if the player beats it with some actual in game 'currency' that comes in use to the player. Mainly from a completionist standpoint (stickers/mods/race mods). Though profiles could include a stat called 'friend challenges beaten' much like it has the 'online wins' stat right now.

Well there you are.

It's kinda like the streetpass function in the 3DS version accept more voluntary really.

Has the S&ASRT Patch already approved by SEGA? Also has Sumo dropped any hints of the identity of the new DLC character?

Edit: Rewrote the entire post because it seems has an issue with copy-pasting.

Edited by IceBeam

Well this sure is nice. In the UK, ASRT Wii U has been in the top 4 of the charts ever since launch. For the past two weeks however, it's been at #1, meaning that it's consistently outsold NSMBU and Nintendoland, the latter of which is a pack-in title. That's pretty impressive, no? The Wii U may not have a particularly strong userbase yet, but Sonic is standing strong. - Wii U Charts

In the 3DS charts, ASRT has dropped form #5 to #6. So that's not too bad really. And SEGA are actually holding spots 5, 6 and 7 with ASRT, Generations and M&S3. - 3DS Charts

On the downside, it's actually at number 13 in the all formats chart. That's down 4 places from last week. So not really as good as it initially sounded, but still not bad at all (Meanwhile ACM has dropped from 1 to 5 in every chart). - All Platform Charts

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic usually does good on a Nintendo console or handheld, so this is no surprise for me. The Wii U doesn't excatly have any BIG Nintendo or other titles out on the WiiU yet anyway, 3DS however is getting a ton of titles.

That, and you know folks are just awaiting the next Mario Kart title, and theirs no telling how huge that's gonna be.

Which reminds me, I better put in a lot of work this summer to save up for a WiiU, before news of that game will surface or other big titles.