Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

They will never fix that. It's not a bug and it's IMO a waste of time for SUMO just fixing that smile on his face. What Shadow cannot smile for once in his life?

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's not like he's Mandy or something xD I'm more concerned about a... you know, a groovy black ball tongue.png

Heh.

Edited by Jango

I just remembered... I asked about the Vita version in the portable topic. How I found traffic attack much easier than the PS3 counterpart. Remember how S0L said that the Vita was more in line with the PC version in terms of difficulty?

Well.. in the quote he says "pull in improvements we’ve been doing on PC" so does that not suggest in terms of balance and difficulty, we're looking at something along the same lines as the Vita and PC version?

So Traffic Attack is getting a nerf (boo! I liked it being hard =p ) and maybe one or two other modes will be made a easier?

Meh, I hope they add an 'all star' difficulty if that is the case, I liked the game being hard.

Yeah, I remember the constant whining about how hard the game was. Replaying the game, now it's so easy! I'm on Lap 3 and the entire race is back at the start of the lap. Woah.. finished 20 seconds before everyone else. How exciting. :P

Yeah, I remember the constant whining about how hard the game was. Replaying the game, now it's so easy! I'm on Lap 3 and the entire race is back at the start of the lap. Woah.. finished 20 seconds before everyone else. How exciting. tongue.png

True, plus even on the expert difficulty, so long as you don't mess up the computer practically lets you get first when near the finish line most of the time anyway.

• 5 weeks later...

Traffic Attack should just be removed from the game entirely since it isn't fun on any difficulty.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think that is somewhat harsh, I personally relish the challenge...

So, lets say we did another All-Stars game, what would you like to see?

Would it be a completely different kind of game? I.e. not racing?

How would you feel if it we brought in characters and track from other universes? I.e. non SEGA ones?

Or would you keep it mostly the same with changes?

Curious :)

---

S0L

---

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed on Intel UltraBook

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/04/22/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-on-intel-ultrabook/

Trailer:

So this is interesting, anyone with an UltraBook looking to get this?

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed on Intel UltraBook

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/04/22/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-on-intel-ultrabook/

Trailer:

So this is interesting, anyone with an UltraBook looking to get this?

By the way, the PC version on Steam supports all this, you don't need a special version, you've likely already got it :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

---

I'll be the first to say it, a fighting game. I would seriously LOVE to see this happen.

Non-sega? Like Ratchet and Clank,Mario,Donkey kong? Or really out there like, Final fantasy?

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

How would you feel if it we brought in characters and track from other universes? I.e. non SEGA ones?

Curious smile.png

---

S0L

---

By the way, the PC version on Steam supports all this, you don't need a special version, you've likely already got it tongue.png

---

S0L

---

As everyone says, a fighting game would work out pretty well, and there are some characters who lend themselves better to it than much us, like Sketch Turner, and some whos main appearance were somewhat cameo-y, but would be kinda fun to have back(Like Bark and Bean from Sonic the fighters, and fighters megamix)

However another thing that would be interesting would be a cross-over adventure game, that is a combo platformer/beat-em up, you could have the plot perhaps take place in a comic that Sketch is writing, and all the stories get cross over due to an accident, and he is forced to go in and acquire help to set everything right, with a co-op story mode that involves various dynamics, and vs modes that are a combo of fighters, and races.

And of course Vectorman and Nack the Weasel/Fang the Sniper would be great to see ;)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to see a fighting game, too, much like Super Smash Bros but with SEGA characters and some non-SEGA guest characters, too. 

Curious smile.png

---

S0L

---

Nice to hear from you again.

I personally would love a SEGA All-Stars fighting game. It's something I've always wanted to see. You guys managed to make two racing games with Sonic that actually turned out fantastic. I'd love to see a sonic fighter on the same level of greatness that the racing games were.

I love 2D fighters the best but maybe the Smash Bros style would appeal to more people.

As for other franchise characters, I'd love to see Viewtiful Joe. He's already been in three fighting games and he would fit the cartoony look. Though nobody would really know who he is so it's just a dream idea.

In terms of a character that seems more possible, maybe Captain Falcon? Sega helped make GX and obviously he's well known in Smash Bros.

If a fighter isn't possible then I'd love another arcade racer.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Yeah, if they did guest characters in a fighting game, 1 or 2 like Brawl would probably be enough. Perhaps Klonoa or Pacman from Namco and someone just as cartoony from Nintendo? Kirby perhaps? Maybe Megama-PFFFTLOLNOPE.gif

(Also, Bayonetta would be perfect for a choice!)

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

However, I think a multi way fighter would be better, not merely a 2-D straightforward one. Would allow for more dynamics, and you dont see that often anymore for some reason, other than the arcade or Soulcaliber

I would really like another racer: Arcade type racing games like this series are really rare nowadays, though I know it would probably be really hard to come up for a new idea after this one.

If we have to have a fighter though, I'd prefer 3D; 2D ones are getting a bit been there done that, especially with Smash Bros.

Edited by FourCartridge

Other universes, eh?

SEGA All-Stars X Cartoon Network.

Joe Musashi versus Samurai Jack.

You know you want it.

(In all seriousness though, a fighting game is what I would want next.)

Nice to hear from you again.

I personally would love a SEGA All-Stars fighting game. It's something I've always wanted to see. You guys managed to make two racing games with Sonic that actually turned out fantastic. I'd love to see a sonic fighter on the same level of greatness that the racing games were.

I love 2D fighters best but maybe the Smash Bros style would appeal to more people.

In terms of other franchise characters, I'd love to see Viewtiful Joe. He's already been in three fighting games and he would fit the cartoony look. Though nobody would really know who he is so it's just a dream idea.

In terms of a character that seems more possible, maybe Captain Falcon? Sega helped make GX and obviously he's well known in Smash Bros.

He was in MVC3/UMvC3, which sold a decent amount for people to know who he is. Plus his franchise is one heavily demanded by people for a return last time I checked. If your looking for a Character that's awesome and could work but no one probably knows, Parappa is a great example.:P

Actualy, I would like to go into a little more detail
I think a 3D based game would be the best, but what would be a great fusion of what Sega has is a combonation 8-way fighter, Scrolling Beat-em up with varying perspectives, whough proably mainly isometric, Untill you get to arenas where you have to do a more traditional fight against more powerful enemies and bosses, perhaps mixing it up even more by having 3 people in the fight.

As everyone else has said so far, a Sonic & SEGA All-Stars fighting game would be amazing. I actually thought that a fighting game would be the 4th Sonic & SEGA All-Stars instead of Transformed.

A platformer and more non-SEGA characters would be very cool, too.

I would love a 3D fighting game in the lines of Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter.

This would be perfect to introduce not so "kids friendly" characters that don't fit in a karting game.

Segata Sanshiro, Bayonetta, Akira, Ryu and all the non-cartoony Sega characters that also need some attention would finally fit with the likes of Sonic and NiGHTS.

Also, I would like a more variated roster next time, not just the same old hedgehogs, monkeys and skaters.

• Thumbs Up 3

But SEGA characters should still be the center, since these Games are a celebration of SEGA. A guest character or two isnt bad, but we dont want to let take that away from SEGA characters who should be the first priority

I would love a 3D fighting game in the lines of Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter.

This would be perfect to introduce not so "kids friendly" characters that don't fit in a karting game.

Segata Sanshiro, Bayonetta, Akira, Ryu and all the non-cartoony Sega characters that also need some attention would finally fit with the likes of Sonic and NiGHTS.

Also, I would like a more variated roster next time, not just the same old hedgehogs, monkeys and skaters.

You want a switch-up, then they should put in Nack the Weasel(AKA Fang the Sniper), Bark the Polar Bear, and Bean the Dynamite(who is also kinda representive of another sega arcade francise as well, Dynamite Dux, and his alternate skin in Fighters Megamix somewhat proves this)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with the people that think a fighting game would probably be the most logical step from here. While I'd love to see the attention to details and the genuine fan service you guys do in the form of a platformer, there's not really a multi-character platforming format that would work too well with any number of the All-Stars... so seeing you guys do something like Smash Bros (either in 2D or 3D; doesn't matter to me) would be just amazing, since it's easier to contain just about anything from these series in that environment.

As for guest characters... I'd certainly love to see if you guys could hook any exclusives from anyone, even if it's just Ralph! Capcom are buddy-buddy with SEGA at the moment, going by the Archie comics crossover that's getting quite the positive reception, so would it be possible for Mega Man's inclusion to be negotiated? He's been in fighting games before as well (if that idea was gone with), so that sort of basis for him to work is practically in stone already...

... and pretty deep pipe dreams, but seeing Klonoa and Crash get in would be awesome. Purely to see how Klonoa and NiGHTS would interact, as fellow dream world things, and Crash to see his beginnings as Sonic's Ass Game come full circle and have him be in the place as Sonic. Would be nice to see fellow anthro mascots that were born off the trail of Sonic's success be in the same room as him, 'ya know?

Edit: Actually, can we just get the AM2 Palmtree and standing Daytona from Fighters Megamix? That'd sell it for me.

Edited by t0ms0nic

Edit: Actually, can we just get the AM2 Palmtree and standing Daytona from Fighters Megamix? That'd sell it for me.

>STANDING DAYTONA

tumblr_ly9kqxTBEf1r8iaemo1_500.png

• Thumbs Up 3

tumblr_ly9kqxTBEf1r8iaemo1_500.png

And that is why I am planning to try and track down Fighters megamix, now that would be cool