Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

The point of having Metal playable instead of Tails is that the Metal Sonic story is meant to be canon, showing his revival and the events leading up to Episode 2. It's a supplementary side-story. Hell, they're trying to go back and make Episode 1 feel more complete.

And I happen to like Metal Sonic, so this works for me. Granted I like Tails more and I would've liked to see him, but this was an unexpected surprise, so I'm not going to sit here and bitch about how free additional content to an old game doesn't meet my standards.

..Because its not like are complaints are warranted or anything, nope, we just like to complain for the sake of it.

People do have valid complaints, but it's hard to deny that some people simply have a hateboner for this game.

Wouldn't that have happened anyway? Regardless as to what character it involved?

I think Shadzter just meant that in general.

What's the bet that Metal Sonic isn't anything more than a Sonic skin?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 6

Wouldn't that have happened anyway? Regardless as to what character it involved?

Yes, it was going to happen anyway if lock-on content was announced. I'm just saying that I can see them being pissed now it's actually been shown off.

Will someone explain why getting free content if you own both games is now a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing at all, but that doesn't mean it's not silly as all hell. You can't tell me that the outcry for someone like Tails wasn't far larger than that for Metal Sonic.

It's like they're doing all of this entirely on purpose.

• Thumbs Up 7

Before the topic erupts into a hater topic. I want to reiterate, I have no problem with Metal being playable, in fact I look forward to it, but my logic is: If you can make a "lock-on" for Metal, why not Tails? Wouldn't it be more practical and efficient to have them both I mean, I don't understand the logic behind this beyond the desperate pandering the people who refuse to accept anyone other than Sonic in this series, and it annoys the hell out of me that Sega listening to these people like they're right. With every new game, I lose hope that in end no one but Sonic and his clones/alt. forms will be playable again.

What's the bet that Metal Sonic isn't anything more than a Sonic skin?

This is what worries me too.

Can I ask something? People are saying this incredibly stupid deal is free.

How?

You have to pay for both episodes in order to get it, how the hell is this free?

• Thumbs Up 4

How?

You have to pay for both episodes in order to get it, how the hell is this free?

Free if you already have Ep 1 and plan to buy EP 2.

The point of having Metal playable instead of Tails is that the Metal Sonic story is meant to be canon, showing his revival and the events leading up to Episode 2. It's a supplementary side-story. Hell, they're trying to go back and make Episode 1 feel more complete.

They could've done the same with Tails. Sonic tells Tails about Eggmans new plans, so Tails goes ahead and builds a rocket so Sonic can follow Eggman. The end.

Edited by Thigolf

This is what worries me too.

If it was a reskin, Metal's legs would run on the ground, right? But the footage shows that he floats in the air as he did as an NPC. Also, it looks like he has some crazy attack moves that Sonic never had.

How?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm totally betting that we'll get Episode: Tails as paid DLC content in the future.

• Thumbs Up 4

Im actually surprised its free...

and SEGA is not join the DLC shit train like a lot of other devlopers are doing. I got to give credit where its due...at least they haven't sunk THAT low.

...Because it doesn't cost any extra money? what the christ does this even mean

It's intended to be like Knuckles in Sonic 2. It comes with Episode 2 at no extra cost. It IS free.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly can't find a good reason why having Metal Sonic playable is such a huge blasphemy, I know it kinda stinks that Tails isn't playable, but I don't see this as reason to scream bloody murder at Ken and Dimps.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it was a reskin, Metal's legs would run on the ground, right? But the footage shows that he floats in the air as he did as an NPC. Also, it looks like he has some crazy attack moves that Sonic never had.

Edited by Blue Blood

So let's say you have neither, you have to pay $30 to play as Metal Sonic, and if you have just Episode I, you still have to pay half of that.

Its technically not free because you need to have a prerequisite to unlock it.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 4

I honestly can't find a good reason why having Metal Sonic playable is such a huge blasphemy, I know it kinda stinks that Tails isn't playable, but I don't see this as reason to scream bloody murder at Ken and Dimps.

But Episode Metal isn't the product, it's a bonus. Episode 2 is the product, and Episode Metal is the bonus you get if you already own Episode 1. SEGA isn't forcing you to buy both to get Metal, they're saying it's a free gift with purchase.

Like a "buy two get one free".

Edited by Octarine

But Episode Metal isn't the product, it's a bonus. Episode 2 is the product, and Episode Metal is the bonus you get if you already own Episode 1. SEGA isn't forcing you to buy both to get Metal, they're saying it's a free gift with purchase.

Like a "buy two get one free".

I like the ideas they're going for in the stage, the giant sandworms, sand storms, the visuals in general, and the new construction worker brand orbinauts. But dammit all that's once again ruined by all the unnecessary springs and boosters littered throughout the stage.

And what's with the mystical levitating monitors here?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 9

They could've done the same with Tails. Sonic tells Tails about Eggmans new plans, so Tails goes ahead and builds a rocket so Sonic can follow Eggman. The end.

• Thumbs Up 1