Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

episode2releasedates.png

episode2metalsonicplayable.png

I only just got that metal Sonic one as it came out of nowhere.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys, I just had a thought, if this actually has a story like they say, what will happen with the bosses, will Eggman be replaced by an Egg robo, or are those 4 exclusive levels in replacement of the Bosses?

Betcha 5 bucks that Stardust Speedway'll be a tutorial stage.

Probably not, but I can dream.

It looks like it uses the Generations assets.

episode2releasedates.png

I thought Microsoft had that thing where if it wasn't released on XBLA, odd...

Stardust speedway? See normally I'd be happy to see it again but after Generations... no.

I thought Microsoft had that thing where if it wasn't released on XBLA, odd...

I think it'll be the US PSN. 15th of May is a tuesday, EU PSN updates a day later. Thats how they got around some of the demos/generations stuff.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Alrighty then...

• Thumbs Up 1

So would you tell us why it's "The stupidest" thing you've ever seen?

I think Chooch put it best.

For the record, I'm always okay with playable Metal Sonic, but it's really dumb they're playing up this "lock-on" to be something we've asked for in the same vein as Sonic 3 & Knuckles, when it isn't.

mmmmu.png

Plastic Metal Sonic!

That has to be the most oddest Speed Booster placement ever! BUT YAY Stardust Speedway :D

....So we can play as Metal Sonic.....but not Tails...

....I am now thouroughly convinced that the series will only star Sonic, Shadow, and Metal Sonic in the future and they'll all play exactly the same because Sega are determined not to include anyone else as a playable character unless its Sonic in some way shape or form.

Remember when I said, "I don't think it's possible for this game to disappoint me anymore"?

I was wrong, horribly wrong.

• Thumbs Up 6

mmmmu.png

Plastic Metal Sonic!

... I just have one simple question: why the hell is that booster pad on top of that loop? What's the point of it even being there?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to start a fight or anything, but don't members get told off by staff for making short pointless posts that do nothing to add to discussion? If so, then why is it cool for staff member to enter a topic and just say "This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen."?

I'm excited to hear about Episode Metal, but if somebody thinks it looks stupid (staff or not) I'd prefer to hear WHY they think so rather than just read a "this looks stupid" post.

---

Anyway, the Episode Metal thing sounds cool. Harkens back to the Sonic & Knuckles days, which I always loved. It was cool to play Sonic 3 from Knuckles perspective, so I'm really looking forward to playing from Stardust Speedway through to Mad Gear as Metal.

The copy/paste of Stardust Speedway does look a bit cheap, but better to reuse assets than remake the stage again I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

Trailers on Youtube!

Working on getting a better quality one, give me a moment. :)

Edited by BlazingTales
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'm excited to hear about Episode Metal, but if somebody thinks it looks stupid (staff or not) I'd prefer to hear WHY they think so rather than just read a "this looks stupid" post.

Ok, so first they say that Tails isn't playable in single player due to space limitation. Ok. But then they turn around and remake episode 1 with an extra playable character. Logic dictates it would be Tails right? No, its another fucking Sonic. So not only did Ken lie out of his ass, Sega are actively going out of their way to not have anyone other than Sonic and any version of him playable.

Its fucking stupid.

I agree with everybody here.

This is terrible. How dare it go from what was a 'You play only as Sonic' experience to a... you only play as Sonic, but if you own Sonic 4 Episode 1 you now get a new character to use in it completely for free... experience

I mean I'm just.. just... WHAM WHAM BAMN disapointed with this free content.

Wait... what?

Will someone explain why getting free content if you own both games is now a bad thing?

Well, at this point it really only looks like a character swap. Everyone's skeptical!

Will the physics be fixed? How about the level design? Why does Splash Hill still have plastic grass?

Even bigger question: Why isn't Tails there?

Personally, I think it's a cool addition, but some people don't agree, and that's perfectly fine.

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 5

This is pretty sick! I didnt except Metal being playable (well, kinda), although I am not TOO bothered by Tail not being fully playable, since you can use his moves in Tag Team with Sonic & Tails anyway. However I seriously had NOT expected an "Episode Metal"! Wonder what the extra zone would be like? =D

This proves that Metal Sonic is overrated as hell nowdays. I liked him but now I began to dislike him because of people who think of him as a freaking messiah (see Generations: Metal Reveal: People- "Hell yeah back to the good SEGA!" and Shadow and Silver reveal:"BAWW SHITTY FRIENDS!") that just pisses me off.

Well, at this point it really only looks like a character swap. Everyone's skeptical!

Will the physics be fixed? How about the level design? Why does Splash Hill still have plastic grass?

Given that the stage layout has been altered, I'm hopeful that they'll use Episode 2 physics. Level design will probably be the same in terms of quality, but there will be new paths, enemy placement and obstacles. I'm hoping it's a "hard mode". As for the plastic grass, do you really think they'd redraw an entire zone from episode 1? It's not like it's a 3D rendering, ep. 1 is still flat 2D images.

• Thumbs Up 2