Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Except Metal Sonic getting revived is a much more important plot-point to the overarching story.

Blue Blood, I thought we were broniks! Why you gotta blow up on me? Okay, so I misinterpreted the term "reskin". So does that mean Tails is a reskin and thus he sucks? Or Tails and Knuckles are "reskins" in the 2D games? Eddacate me.

• Thumbs Up 1

So we get to play some Sonic Episode 1 as Metal Sonic. But not Tails in Episode 2? What a joke.

It's cool and all metal Sonic is playable in a main Sonic title, but this is still the same old Sonic 4 with added boosters on loops. What was the thought process behind this one aside from finding some bonus since after game lock was thrown out of the question? I mean it is free, but not what I think a lot of people cared about.

Well at least we get to see Stardust Speedway again.

Edited by Tiller

Actually I probably would have gotten episode 1 just for Tails because flight > physics.

I'm shallow.

• Thumbs Up 9

Why is people complaining being exaggerated to screaming bloody murder at Ken and Dimps? Why does this always happen when people post complaints? Why are complaints not acceptable in a discussion forum?

Though it LOOKS good, don't these reveals render Episode 1 Worthless in terms of story? It could be easily retconned.

It's cool and all metal Sonic is playable in a main Sonic title, but this is still the same old Sonic 4 with added boosters on loops...

Actually I probably would have gotten episode 1 just for Tails because flight > physics.

I'm shallow.

Though it LOOKS good, don't these reveals render Episode 1 Worthless in terms of story? It could be easily retconned.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 1

What did E1 have before that, besides "Sonic goes and beats up the robots then beats up the biggest robot in space"?

• Thumbs Up 3

Why do the levels in Episode I still look so ugly? If they're going to connect E1 and E2 like this, then E1 seriously needs a visual overhaul

How so? Adding in Metal Sonic and a definitive connection to CD with Stardust Speedway might actually give Episode I some value as a story, and that's the most exciting thing about Episode Metal to me. What did E1 have before that, besides "Sonic goes and beats up the robots then beats up the biggest robot in space"?

Sorry! I was on like, page 3 lol. (new here)

Who wants to be that these "four exclusive levels" for Metal Sonic are just those redesigned Episode 1 stages that Ken briefly mentioned? I know it being free content means we're not owed all-new stages. I'm just saying.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how the people who are criticizing the negative responses are "complaining" because they're not fangasming over the game.

Eggman rebuilt him.

The End.

Evidently from the trailer, there's more to it than that. Tails on the other hand literally did nothing besides build the rocket. At the very least Metal has some semblance of a story to tell. Tails would have less than what Sonic got.

Why do the levels in Episode I still look so ugly? If they're going to connect E1 and E2 like this, then E1 seriously needs a visual overhaul

Because that's practical and not a giant waste of time and money over a game that was released in 2010.

I like how the people who are criticizing the negative responses are "complaining" because they're not fangasming over the game.

Yeah, that's not what's happening at all. Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 3

Who wants to be that these "four exclusive levels" for Metal Sonic are just those redesigned Episode 1 stages that Ken briefly mentioned?

You just posted this as your STATUUUUSSS.

But yes, they're very likely going to be Episode 1's levels remade, gosh this would really make Episode 1 pointless wouldn't it? Like I said, this game is all over the place! lol

That's how it is, apparently if you're not gushing over the game you're a negative fag.

Edited by SuperJXJ

Mhm, yep. You got it, that's totally the reason.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's how I see the four additional levels as of now. Nothing guarantees this, but I think it'll be one act each or something if there's no actual boss:

-Stardust Speedway

-E.G.G. Station ruins for Tails Rocket

-Unknown

-Unknown

• Thumbs Up 2

Let's travel back in time to 1994, shall we?

"BUY SONIC & KNUCKLES AND LOCK IT ON TO SONIC 3 TO GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE!"

Did anyone complain about this? You need to BUY both games and all it does is add the S&K levels to Sonic 3 and allows Hyper Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Sure, that's a good amount of content, but this promises 4 new levels never before seen and it has an entirely new story.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who wants to be that these "four exclusive levels" for Metal Sonic are just those redesigned Episode 1 stages that Ken briefly mentioned? I know it being free content means we're not owed all-new stages. I'm just saying.

It'll be four acts of Stardust, I imagine. There's not much point in putting it in the game if you're not going to get your money's worth out of it, right?

From the Status updates:

Eggman's reaction to Metal Onic being playable in Sonic 4: "NOOOO!!! My greatest creation has turned against me!! WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!?!?!?"

Urm... thats a pretty good point... does this mean we might get some kind of new boss/design?

No talk about the desert stage??

• Sandworm is freakin HUGE

• I noticed some new fire orbinauts

• floating item boxes return HOWEVER it looks like they removed the stands. So it at least looks a bit better seeing a box floating in the air, as opposed to those seen in Episode 1.

• The desert area is riddled with scrap metal. Is this Death Egg wreckage?

• Thumbs Up 6

Because that's practical and not a giant waste of time and money over a game that was released in 2010.

Edited by Spooky Mulder