Awoo.

Concept Art Fridays

BlazingTales

People are acting as though SEGA is giving us concept art instead of real screens or footage, when I'm pretty sure they're just trying to hold people over until that date.

I find the Concept art reveal to be more of a trickle of information to slightly calm the fans who are waiting for the actual reveals (although that's pretty ironic from what I've seen in a while).

So Ken says this new Badniks name is "Spikes." Yeah not really all that important, I just wanted to post something.

So Ken says this new Badniks name is "Spikes." Yeah not really all that important, I just wanted to post something.

Because the name of an enemy will definitely reflect the gameplay quality.

Yes.

Exactly this.

No no dude, when it comes to Sonic games, we're always right, after all we were right about Sonic 4!

...Then again we were wrong about Colors,

...And Generations too,

...and Sega All Stars Racing...

whatever, we were still right!

whatever

/jokemode

So, since this is following Ep.1's shitty marketing techniques, I'm guessing that there's a possible, yet slight, chance that we may see a gameplay trailer next week on Feb.2nd. The game's been in development for a year, so I reckon there'd be alot to show off....but knowing Sega, they'll just do a little teaser and hype it up like it's the biggest fucking game ever since Skyrim.

Tell me though, exactly how does a "new" badnik with "new" design yet an "old" name make this game shit? How does a homage/rehash (Call it whatever the fuck you want) logo of the game mean the quality will be shit? What does them bringing back an old gimmick (which they've clearly done in the past, even in the classics) represent that this game will be a rehash?

No doubt this "new" way of marketing the game to us and showing off non gameplay footage/screenshot is a bad way to do it, but I haven't seen anything that could qualify the entire game to be a rehashed shitty reform of Sonic 2/CD/3. When we get some actually fucking gamplay/pics (God damn it Sega), and it shows off the first zone being Green Hill Zone Act fucking 7, then we can qualify this game as a rehash.

One more thing, has there been any information on wether this game will be developed by Sonic Team, or Dimps? I'm not on the "Dimps Sucks" boat or anything, but from the past 3 games, it's quite clear that Sonic Team is the superior developer, and I'd like for them to take the time out of thier lives to work on a downloadable sequel to thier fucking mascot.

Edited by Nintendoga

Why no new name? It could've at least been Spikes Jr., like with Catterkiller. I find this disappointing.

I'm sticking with Bernard :V

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

No, but the fact that they have shown us nothing but rehashes (even if one has changed enough that you wouldn't know it aside from the name) does not lead me to believe they are actually changing their methods.

I mean, I really have no reason but faith (which is in real short supply) to trust them on this one. They say they're fixing it...but they say a lot of things. And what they have decided to show does not support what they say. If they're trying to win back people who were disappointed with S4E1, this is a fucking embarrassing attempt.

I totally get what you mean. Now unless this is a case them not doing their research and accidentally giving a Badnik the same name as existing one, them I'm pretty disappointed. It's happened before with the Whisps in Aquatic Ruin and the Wisps from Colours and some other things I'm trying to rattle my brain for at the moment. But yeah... it's a let down.

If that really is Spikes from the originals, then that's one Hell of a design overhaul. I gues Robotnik is serious when saying that he is upgrading his very best badniks.

But I wouldn't be surprised if that's just an original Badnik with wrong name given! XP

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually i woudn't be too surprised if that badnik's name is not wrong, it's not new and it got an update from Eggman and the new graphics engine. :P

Oh well can't wait for this Friday and next week on the 2nd to see if SEGA has plans to reveal gameplay or flashing scenes or another teaser maybe involving time travel or Metal Sonic.

Weird. They got all of the names right on the badniks reused in Episode 1, so surely somebody must have been aware that there was already a badnik called Spikes. It's not like badnik names take a whole lot of effort; couldn't they have put in an extra five seconds and named it Needles or Pokey or Winter Tire With A Crab In It or something?

It isn't a deal-breaker or anything, but it still irks me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Last chance, SEGA! I'm putting the bid for Herminator at...

$15! That's right, only 15 US smackers to rename your original badnik design to something more original! No catches, no strings attached! Get it while it's hot!

Let's give him 1970's trousers while we're at it!

Actually, I don't know if anyone else has tried piecing things together, but wouldn't the presence of a hermit crab-themed enemy hint at the existence of a beach level?

If you think about it, there was never really a full-on beach level in the Genesis games. If you think about Episode 2 as a standalone title, then a beach trope makes sense as the first level, but at the same time if you look at it as the 5th level among the 2 episodes, a beach trope can still work for that as well.

Perhaps Episode 3 could start off with a dense jungle? I know there's Aquatic Ruin, but it shouldn't take much to make a new jungle level stand out.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I still wish they gave some official word on WHAT island Episode 1 took place on. If they're going to dive into the numbered Genesis/Mega Drive titles, they might as well have some fun and expand Sonic's world. Sonic 1 had South Island, Sonic 2 had Westside Island, Sonic CD had Never Lake, Sonic 3 & Knuckles had Angel Island. But Sonic 4 has... undefined land mass. How inventive.

Sonic is setting off to explore new areas, so why not throw the fans a bone and say "Sonic 4 takes place on East Island!" or North Island or any island with a name. Hopefully Episode 2 remedies this, or somebody ask Iizuka at SoS to give the island a name.

• Thumbs Up 7

Hopefully Episode 2 remedies this, or somebody ask Iizuka at SoS to give the island a name.

And to rename new-Spikes. :U

Edited by MarcelloF

Iizuka, why you not name him Mr. Pokeball Face?

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog

I still wish they gave some official word on WHAT island Episode 1 took place on. If they're going to dive into the numbered Genesis/Mega Drive titles, they might as well have some fun and expand Sonic's world. Sonic 1 had South Island, Sonic 2 had Westside Island, Sonic CD had Never Lake, Sonic 3 & Knuckles had Angel Island. But Sonic 4 has... undefined land mass. How inventive.

Sonic is setting off to explore new areas, so why not throw the fans a bone and say "Sonic 4 takes place on East Island!" or North Island or any island with a name. Hopefully Episode 2 remedies this, or somebody ask Iizuka at SoS to give the island a name.

I sooo wish they'd have done this with E1. It's such a tiny thing too.
  • Thumbs Up 1