Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

QT's autotuned voice annoyed the everlasting hell out of me. Too much.

Other than that, it was pretty great.

Wonder what was changed? looked like the story was straight enough to follow.

He's upset that Honey's line was changed from "ass?" to "asteroid belt?"

It was basically just an entire episode of random things, I actually got a Panty and Stocking vibe from it. But there was a decent amount of service in the episode, whether or not its going to be amazing and become a "savior of anime" is another story, but as for being something fun to watch, episode one nailed it for me.

I'll give it a shot then.

Slowpoke here, finally started watching Space Dandy.

Yeaaaaaah I was one of those people who though this was going to be another Cowboby Bebop. Man, was I wrong. First episode blew me off because everything seemed inferior to me.

Then watched the second episode ,with a completely different point of view, and loved it.

It´s so crazy it´s awesome, dat animation, and the characters are very nice. I like Meow, he´s so cute i´m not a furry i swear

tl;dr I´m quite excited for that third episode. I don´t expect nothing, just craziness and Meow being cute.

Ooooooookay this is weird, I don't know if its my cable company or Toonami but Inuyasha and FLCL seem to be fighting eachother. every 2 minutes my screen blacks out of FLCL then digitizes into Inuyasha.

Strange...

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, JANUARY 18, 2014
(in total viewers)

11:30PM Space Dandy 1.0 HH, 1.411 million
12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.303 million
12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 HH, 1.167 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.6 HH, 892,000
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.6 HH, 844,000
2:00AM Sword Art Online 0.6 HH, 752,000
2:30AM Fooly Cooly 0.5 HH, 618,000
3:00AM Naruto 0.5 HH, 561,000
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 512,000
4:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.3 HH, 424,000
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.3 HH, 405,000
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.4 HH, 533,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.3 HH, 461,000

I'll be posting ratings every week for those of you who are curious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Urban Flow's gonna loooooooooooove this XD

HELL YEAH!!! But aw man....they are gonna censor alot since I mean the word " Fuck " is thrown around alot.....and by alot I mean every few sentences. But at least its on!

Black Lagoon... oh man, Toonami what are you gonna do with this one? Like, how is this even going to work? They cuss so much in this show and it's so ridiculous that way. XD

I've never seen the entire show before but I'm definitely curious on how they handle it. It seems pretty awesome from what I've previously seen from it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of my favorite things about the show is that it really is as good as the manga. Probably because its quite faithful to it. Except for a few parts from the manga but nothing actually important. Like this one page where they show her taking a shower and she is naked etc.

So soul eater isn't getting a rerun? wonder why...

So whats black lagoon like?

Well its not your typical anime, we can start with that. The show and setting has a more western approach. Actual references to things in western culture are made as well. Tons of Gunplay, swearing, philosophical and moral topics. Though nothing extremely deep nor little in amount, its just right. I guess I can safely say its not a show for everyone.....is it that a bad thing? Hell no, because the show does exactly what it wants too. It just doesn't care.

Sound really hit and miss then. Buuuut Toonami wouldn't show a show that doesn't have potentional to be good, so I'll give it a shot.

Dear Toonami,

I was actually fucking joking when You can stop proving me right now.

So whats black lagoon like?

Let's just say that if you loved Deadman Wonderland, you'll love this show even more. Although the amount of censoring they'll do will be MASSIVE, because the word "Fuck" is clusterbombed everywhere by the lead female character Revy (nevermind the colorful use of other swearwords like "shit"), so it might impact things a lot

Okay, last nights Space Dandy was my favorite so far.

They went from typical Zombie Horror movie to something unexpected and hilarious.

I loved the second half of last night's episode, the groaning and deapan stares, and who could forget: "Despair and Raw Meat."

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I had a feeling that Black Lagoon would air on the new Toonami eventually. Revy on Toonami just feels right.

I love it, Black Lagoon is one of my favorites, and even though I own the series on DVD, I'm pretty pumped to see how it does on Toonami. Now if only they'd pick up Gurren Lagann, and Shakugan no Shana.

Loving Space Dandy, and despite all the hate that it gets I enjoy Sword Art Online.

But seriously

How the hell is Leafa just finding out now that Kirito is Kazuto?

I thought she had known this already which is the reason she has been so conflicted this whole time.

It's been pretty obvious that Kirito hasn't known that Suguha was Leafa though.

Can't wait to see where this goes.

• Thumbs Up 1