Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Welp, that concludes Sword Art Online. Despite the reputation, I enjoyed the show (and its second season) quite a bit.

I can't help but feel rather disappointed with this ending though:

I wish they spent more time on the knife fight (though it was paced rather nicely) and from what I hear on GameFAQs, there was a skipped scene in the hospital:

The anime skipped a scene where [Kirito] got the attention of a couple of nurses who recognized him. One went to collect a security guard and Sugou, and one went to get a doctor for Kirito. Kirito moved on while unattended.

After that hospital scene with Asuna, It almost feels like they should've ended it right there, since the rest of the episode just felt kinda pointless. I know there was that seed subplot thing to explain I guess but I didn't find it all that interesting.

Don't get me started on that silly spinning in the air scene either. Eh, maybe I was just spoiled by Episode 14's incredibly satisfying ending, but this ending just felt flat in comparison. :/

Welp, that concludes Sword Art Online. Despite the reputation, I enjoyed the show (and its second season) quite a bit.

I can't help but feel rather disappointed with this ending though:

I wish they spent more time on the knife fight (though it was paced rather nicely) and from what I hear on GameFAQs, there was a skipped scene in the hospital:

After that hospital scene with Asuna, It almost feels like they should've ended it right there, since the rest of the episode just felt kinda pointless. I know there was that seed subplot thing to explain I guess but I didn't find it all that interesting.

Don't get me started on that silly spinning in the air scene either. Eh, maybe I was just spoiled by Episode 14's incredibly satisfying ending, but this ending just felt flat in comparison. :/

Wait, isn't their SAO's extra episode + too? or is that not airing here?

also, what do you mean by skipped? skipped as in wasn't adapted from the novel or skipped as in it was cut out of the english version/TV airing?

and this doesn't conclude SAO, just the current season. look on top of the page for info.

Wait, isn't their SAO's extra episode + too? or is that not airing here?

also, what do you mean by skipped? skipped as in wasn't adapted from the novel or skipped as in it was cut out of the english version/TV airing?

and this doesn't conclude SAO, just the current season. look on top of the page for info.

I'm not sure if they're airing the Extra Edition any time soon since Blue Exorcist is taking SAO's slot next week. Since it's a film though, Toonami might do a special night for it like they've done with the Rebuilds lately. I wouldn't mind seeing it if it's dubbed if they do end up airing that eventually.

As by skipped, that quote is as direct as you can get. I think the user meant that the scene was originally in the novel but was skipped over in the anime adaption.

And as for SAO's "conclusion"... Yeah I know about SAO's new season coming up but that doesn't make this one any more satisfying. Episode 14 was only "halfway" through the series but it felt like it literally could've been the end to the entire series aside from a minor negligible cliffhanger. This episode just felt underwhelming to me, maybe because they already used all the conflict and action in the previous episodes.

Wow; what was the ending to that last Space Dandy episode?

Incredibly gay.

And not in a bad way at all.

I swear, that was the funniest euphemism for you know what. Dandy even reached Nirvana and found out it was him.

Next episode looks like it'll be a sad one, though, like Dandy narrated.

So... Looking at AnimeNewsNetwork episode page for Space Dandy, there's a chance the series will only have 13 episodes...

I mean, this IS the most reliable source for Anime/Manga news on the Internet, so I'm sure this wouldn't be incorrect, but a part of me is really hoping that Space Dandy will really have 24 (or 26) episodes... Nothing against short 13 episode series, but I feel that it would be fantastic for Space Dandy to follow in the footsteps of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo and have the same good amount of episodes like them.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15555&page=25

So... Looking at AnimeNewsNetwork episode page for Space Dandy, there's a chance the series will only have 13 episodes...

I mean, this IS the most reliable source for Anime/Manga news on the Internet, so I'm sure this wouldn't be incorrect, but a part of me is really hoping that Space Dandy will really have 24 (or 26) episodes... Nothing against short 13 episode series, but I feel that it would be fantastic for Space Dandy to follow in the footsteps of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo and have the same good amount of episodes like them.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15555&page=25

ANN always put the average number of episodes first and 13 is a season's worth, so it's more of an estimate before more episodes appeared (they put Kill La Kill as 13 episodes at first too).

ANN always put the average number of episodes first and 13 is a season's worth, so it's more of an estimate before more episodes appeared (they put Kill La Kill as 13 episodes at first too).

Ah, gotcha. That would make more sense, actually...

My shirt came today:

1o4f.jpg

z0p5.jpg

Btw don't ever say that UPS people don't knock because they woke me out of a dead sleep, sounded like rocks hit my door.

• Thumbs Up 7

So Space Dandy got its Japanese intro for the dub? At least here.

Also some of the things Dandy says in this episode:

"We're sure to have the ladies all over us like a fart in a space suit!" I remember Billy Connolly said that once on US TV and nearly killed the other guest with laughter, back when that stuff wasn't said on TV.

"ALL THE FEELS!"

"I always wanted to die by extreme sucking!"

Dandy please.

• Thumbs Up 1

>MFW finding out Inuyasha is being dropped... ;-;

I mean, wow, that is... incredibly disappointing. Having been following since the first episode, I was really hoping they'd make it to The Final Act. I mean I know I could always watch it online, but I'd really like to watch it dubbed like the rest (Richard Cox just does such a great job at voicing Inuyasha IMO).

Oh well, I hope they pick it back up where they left off when Sym-Bionic Titan ends.... again (I mean Sym's a great show, but I already watched it last year... twice).

I guess you're probably gonna have to go to Neon Alley for your InuYasha fix...or just find it somewhere online I suppose.

Wow what?!

This is...shocking! I never thought they'd let go of Inuyasha. wonder if that means we will ever get The Final Act then?

Bump.

Due to an error last week, the next preview episode bit for Space Dandy got cut by mistake. so Toonami made up for it:

.....The faq is up with the art?! huh.png
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bump.

Due to an error last week, the next preview episode bit for Space Dandy got cut by mistake. so Toonami made up for it:

*this video contains drugs*

.....The faq is up with the art?! huh.png

Last week´s Space Dandy was pretty boring, imo. But I´m pretty excited about this week´s episode:

We get to know some Meow´s backstory, finally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk7Q8RVL-CY

Okay, this is up there with "Mad Rhetoric" in terms of sickness.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I hear Black Lagoon is coming to Toonami. Well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwaPSkjXp0

So I hear Black Lagoon is coming to Toonami. Well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwaPSkjXp0

*already on.

Ep 3 airs tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

New Game review, Titanfall:

Also if you didn't see it last week, TOM reviewed Strider too:

I got a chance to see Black Lagoon last night and it was awesome! biggrin.png I'm gonna ride this one all the way through!

I'm still sad to see Inuyasha having to go... sad.png it was still entertaining to watch while it lasted.

UK guys, remember when Toonami was an awesome block on Cartoon Network?

Remember when it moved all it's programming to an action-oriented channel called CNX?

Remember when CNX moved and rebranded itself back to Toonami?

Remember when it moved again and changed its focus from action shows to old American sitcoms mixed with more child-friendly action shows?

Remember when it merged into Cartoon Network Too?

...God I hate how British TV handles these channels.