Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

sayonara zetsubou ssensei's bondage opening is pretty much the champ of WTF to me.

Awesome song tho. bure, bure, bure...

i have to say actually, in my opinion SZS has the best openings ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kjuVGK-rmU <- massive chorus in this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kjuVGK-rmU <- initially in black and white, over the course of the season, the "film" the op is on deteriorates, until in the final ep where it appears in colour as shown here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnAm__XKpW4&feature=related<- szs goes shoujo

also worth it is the ending vid drawn in the style of Hellboy

HOTD Episode 4, too much time spent on flashbacks and shit viewers already know about... Disappointing episode, the only thing that gets beaten by a bat

is... A CASH REGISTER!!!!

HOTD Episode 4, too much time spent on flashbacks and shit viewers already know about... Disappointing episode, the only thing that gets beaten by a bat

is... A CASH REGISTER!!!!

They are going one chapter at a time so I guess they had to fill out the episode with something. Plus, Takashi isn't going to have that bat for long.

They are going one chapter at a time so I guess they had to fill out the episode with something. Plus, Takashi isn't going to have that bat for long.

I know,

nurse honker's friend is packing some serious hardware at her house.

I'm just not a fan of recaps, it wasn't completely uneventful because the two characters did get closer after the whole incident that took place. The next episode looks promising though.

Edited by Silencer226

I wasn't sure whether to mention this here or in the terrible songs thread, but what the heck. In the name of anime, Soulja Boy has successfully created anti-music.

...SUPER SAIYAN SWAGGUR.

Oh my god what the fuck was that shit, keep Soulja Boy and his retarded ass fans away from anything related to something good!

I agree with Korin on this matter.

Edited by turbojet

High School of the Dead is pretty interesting. I watched the 3 episodes so far and it got me hooked. Good to see episode 4 is out. Will get as soon as possible.

Im currently watching the Soul Eater Anime. Its a shame that it branches off from the Manga but hopefully the Anime will have a good ending.

Edited by Shade737

So I'm watching some of the newer Fist of the North Star stuff, and as you might know they retconned in a bunch of characters into Ken's past after they realized that Shin was the only credible threat Ken had faced up to that point. Like most of the new Fist of the North Star stuff, they make a really big deal out of Raoh even though it's probably going to be a while before he actually does anything. They also try and tell all the events in chronological order, in addition to adding in this funny looking mutt named Toby. It turns out that telling this stuff in chronological order means you have a whole bunch of rushed exposition, detailing in about 20 minutes what the old show spent almost 20 episodes building to, even if most of it was a retcon.

So of course, this being a production with more money than sense, they decided to have an ass pull take the plot in a very different direction, unless this is something I haven't gotten to in the old show yet being thrown out there way too soon.

And what's worse is that they never do anything about how it makes little sense for warlords who are able to actually stand up to Ken to use the strategies they use. Go fight him yourself, he can kill ALL of your underlings!

I'm just gonna drop on by and say:

Downloading better be worth it these fucking shows better look amazing fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu

At least with streaming I can start watching whenever, now I've gotta wait 10 hours 1 day 6 hours 20 hours 11 hours for a torrent to finish before I can start.

I'm just gonna drop on by and say:

Downloading better be worth it these fucking shows better look amazing fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu

At least with streaming I can start watching whenever, now I've gotta wait 10 hours 1 day 6 hours 20 hours 11 hours for a torrent to finish before I can start.

Pardon me for asking, but what shows are you downloading that could take you 11 hours, most of mine take about 3 hours.

Chobits.

But when you factor in that there are only 8 seeders it makes sense. Plus, it's the whole series.

25%... 11 hours still. What fun~

Edited by Good News Everynoir!

Chobits.

But when you factor in that there are only 8 seeders it makes sense. Plus, it's the whole series.

25%... 11 hours still. What fun~

Oh well in that case good luck, I liked Chobits. I've been wanting to get it on dvd but every retailer wants to be a dick and charge hundreds for it, and then wonder why people keep downloading it.

If anybody knows a site that isn't afraid of that bullshit that Japan is putting out, please message me. Today's Naruto looks amazing.

Edit: Nevermind. Thank you, 3 second persistance.

Edited by turbojet

Well that sure was a nice wait. Chobits finally finished downloading...

and it's the dub. No, not that I'm the type to go HUR DUR MUST BE SUB but the torrent's details did say it was subbed >.> But the voices are actually not bad, plus having only seen one episode subbed I'm not used to the Japanese VAs, so whatever. I can say that while it doesn't look as good as I expected, it's a whole lot better than streaming.

Ahhhh Chobits~ I love that one. ♥ I saw it on Youtube, the dubbed version. And it's not bad at all! Atleast it's not akin to 4Kids... >3>

Also, I've seen the Hetalia dub episodes and...well, it's pretty good! I LOVE the script changes, even if there's a few controversial ones. Hell there was a shitstorm in the Hetalia community just because Italy said Germany was whiter than anything! ..Or something along those lines.

Most of the voices and accents are good too, but others like Romano and HRE are just...eh. Still, I hope the DVD is released here soon. I really want it. ;-;

The second season is ok. Although, I'll admit, some parts of it got boring for me. What I liked about the first one compared to the second one was the character development it had.

Oh definitely, and I really can't express that enough.

Season 2 is where most of my favourite K-On moments so far have taken place. The slice of life stuff really hits home in a few episodes too. It's amazing, it's probably my favourite anime atm and each week I can't wait for the next one to come out ._.

/k-on appreciation post.

Thanks! I'll check it out, but if I start to find it boring I'll just stop watching it. =P I did the same with Tokyo Mew Mew (though one day I might try and get myself through 52 episodes of mostly filler...ugh).

Oh, and talking about WTF openings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVb4d5ItwTI&feature=related

Awww, postively adorable! X3

...Errr. NO. Do not be fooled by this OP! This anime is not what you think it is! Just out of curiousity, I do want to watch it though. O.O

I've seen Chobits as well, and I liked it a lot. I thought it had a nice mix of both humor and good character development. The opening song is one of my favorites too.

Oh, and talking about WTF openings...

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Awww, postively adorable! X3

...Errr. NO. Do not be fooled by this OP! This anime is not what you think it is! Just out of curiousity, I do want to watch it though. O.O

Narutaru's opening is one of the most deceptive I've ever seen. While the series itself is pretty short (13 episodes), it gets really dark. It makes you think "WTF did I just watch?" after you see the stark contrast between the opening and the anime itself.

Well that sure was a nice wait. Chobits finally finished downloading...

and it's the dub. No, not that I'm the type to go HUR DUR MUST BE SUB but the torrent's details did say it was subbed >.> But the voices are actually not bad, plus having only seen one episode subbed I'm not used to the Japanese VAs, so whatever. I can say that while it doesn't look as good as I expected, it's a whole lot better than streaming.

Check to see if you can't change audio/subtitle settings in your media player. If they're .avi though, then no dice...

Check to see if you can't change audio/subtitle settings in your media player. If they're .avi though, then no dice...

Holy shit Jake, I love you! That's so cool :OOO

I'm more excited than I should be but still, that's a nice thing to know.

Oh well in that case good luck, I liked Chobits. I've been wanting to get it on dvd but every retailer wants to be a dick and charge hundreds for it, and then wonder why people keep downloading it.

Huh, odd because I got Chobits Complete Boxset for something like £19 in the UK about 2 years ago. Though Forbidden Planet does tend to sell off a lot of anime at times.

Incidentally popping in just to make a few recommendations : D

American types should look out for Vertical's release of "Chi's Sweet Home" it's a manga about a wild kitten who gets separated from her family and ends up being taken in by a family living in a small apartment. It's as cute as..well...a bag of kittens and features a lot of anecdotes on the raising of kittens which most cat owners are likely to relate to. Also the entire manga is printed in lovely colour.

This link has a good example of the storytelling and lovely art despite being untranslated. Also check out the anime, each episode is about 10 minutes long and I believe Crunchyroll has the second season up for free viewing

In addition while these have been out for a while in the US I'm not sure a lot of people have read Osamu Tezuka's Pheonix series but I'll recommend that too, the books are pretty cheap on amazon and each book is pretty lengthy so you get plenty bang for your buck. Basically each story is generally self contained (bar 2 stories that are so big they span 2 books each) and about reprehensible criminals, distopian futures, robots, wolfmen and all kinds of stuff with the only link between them, the eternal Pheonix that grants wishes and whose blood is rumored to give eternal life

I started reading Negima! this week, it was surprising because I absolutely despised the anime but am enjoying the manga a ton, which is surprising because I barely read manga anyway. Bought vol 1-10 and will buy more next paycheck.

I started reading Negima! this week, it was surprising because I absolutely despised the anime but am enjoying the manga a ton, which is surprising because I barely read manga anyway. Bought vol 1-10 and will buy more next paycheck.

Ah Negima, oit gets better as it goes along and is still going. Yes I have kept up and now at like chapter 290-something, almost to 300!

They also finally got back to their academy through unexpected means after like being away from Earth and in the magical world the last 100-150 chapters.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper